liamburnett94's Navara D40 Tourer Build Up

Whether it's your first tourer or a hardcore playtruck, show us your vehicle or what you're building inside, and keep us up to date on your mods as they happen!
liamburnett94
Getting to know the place

liamburnett94's Navara D40 Tourer Build Up

Unread post by liamburnett94 » May 11th, 2015, 8:13 am

D40 Nav.jpg
So I just bought my first 4x4.

Previously I had owned a 2 Holden HZ Utes, and a somewhat bulletproof Honda Prelude (highly recommend it for the young learners/P platers out there), and I never really went 4wding growing up, so this 4wding thing is new to me, and I have a lot to learn!

I just bought this 2015 D40 Navara Silverline... i.e RX dressed up.
It's completely stock standard at present, but it's about to get an ARB Tradie Steel Roof Rack on it so I can throw my Kayak on it , so that is mod #1 out of 1 million done.
Most likely, the next thing will be Electronic Rust Protection.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by liamburnett94 on March 19th, 2016, 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
2015 Nissan Navara D40...getting there slowly!

liamburnett94

Re: My D40 Tourer Build Up

Unread post by liamburnett94 » October 27th, 2015, 6:11 pm

Well, it's been around 6 months. Sadly haven't done as much as I would like but hey, it's progress!
So far:

ARB tradie racks
Adventure kings awning
Stedi 42" Cree led light bar.
2 inch body lift.

Next mods: 2 inch suspension and snorkel.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BigDutchy
Need to get out more

Unread post by BigDutchy » October 27th, 2015, 6:51 pm

I think that you done well. Looks good!

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » October 27th, 2015, 6:52 pm

Any progress counts Liam! ;) And even if you haven't made any progress, if you've been out using the 4WD as a 4 WD, then that counts too!! :thumb:
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

liamburnett94

Unread post by liamburnett94 » October 27th, 2015, 8:17 pm

Yeah, I had never driven off-road prior to owning this car, so every time I go off-road it's new to me, I learn new things every time, and I'm loving it!!!

liamburnett94

Unread post by liamburnett94 » February 16th, 2016, 7:32 pm

Well, some progress is better than no progress!

I found myself on some trips with a couple of shallow water crossings, but prior to crossing each, the thought of my engine sucking in a bit of water had me feeling quite nervous.

As I was planning to go up to Fraser Island, and I wasn't sure what to expect of the creek crossings, I felt that the best option for me was have a snorkel installed prior to the trip.

I decided to go with the TJM Airtec snorkel. I chose not to go with a rear-facing stainless snorkel despite liking the look of them, as I wanted the ram air-flow.

liamburnett94

Unread post by liamburnett94 » March 7th, 2016, 6:30 pm

Just put money down on a 2 inch outback armour suspension kit with longer shocks for a little bit more flex! Can't wait to get it on the ute!!!!!

liamburnett94

Unread post by liamburnett94 » March 15th, 2016, 3:07 pm

The lift kit is in!

I went with the Outback Armour 2 inch lift. Looks like a quality bit of kit and I would highly recommend it for any vehicle!

Next, bigger tyres!

BigDutchy
Need to get out more

Unread post by BigDutchy » March 15th, 2016, 5:22 pm

i like it. looks good

liamburnett94

Unread post by liamburnett94 » March 16th, 2016, 12:15 pm

@BigDutchy Yeah mate I'm really happy with it.

Managed to pick up some second hand Dynamic Steel with some Dueler MTs on. Very happy now!

liamburnett94

Re: liamburnett94's Navara D40 Tourer Build Up

Unread post by liamburnett94 » May 22nd, 2018, 8:43 pm

Well it’s been a little while. Probably time for an update on the Nav!

So, overall. It hasn’t really changed much...except it took me to Cape York and back!

Attached should be a photo of my Navara on the Trip. As it went up:

2015 D40 Navara
YD25 Stock as a rock.
ARB Tradie Rack w/ Adventure Kings Awning
Stedi 42 inch light bar
TJM Airtec Snorkel
Oricom UHF
2 inch Outback Armour suspension lift with 400kg constant load leaves.
265/75R16 BF Goodrich MTs
Kickass Battery Box with 120AH AGM Deep Cycle Battery
45L Engel Fridge

And that’s how it went up...not exactly as I would have liked but due to some unforeseen life-related expenses, it’s how it went up.

I would have liked a bull bar and winch but my other mates had one each...which was enough to drag me out of strife the one time I needed it!

Unfortunately with Cape York comes the pile of wear and tear. Fortunately for me, it hasn’t been too bad.

I have had to replace 1 x Trailer Socket 7 pin. The tail shaft seal coming out of the back of the transfer case keeps wearing out (need to clean some surface rust off the tail shaft), and the 4wd shift actuator in the transfer case got water in it causing it to seize so it won’t shift to 4wd. But it will be sorted and back to normal soon!

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » May 22nd, 2018, 9:05 pm

It's still lookin pretty good, Liam!! AND now it's been up the Cape & back (via the OTL?) so no-one can claim it isn't a 'real 4WD being driven by a real 4WD'er' can they?!? Well, not seriously, at least not without coming across as a truly ignorant tosser, anyway! :p

Good stuff, keep on keeping on, & please, keep the pics coming! :thumb:
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

liamburnett94

Unread post by liamburnett94 » May 24th, 2018, 5:04 pm

Yeah mate, we ended up doing most of the main ones like the OTL, Frenchman’s Track, CREB Track and the Bloomfield Track. Can’t wait to get back up there.

Return to “Members Rides, Buildups, and Projects”