My LS1 into 04 IFS Hilux Conversion

Whether it's your first tourer or a hardcore playtruck, show us your vehicle or what you're building inside, and keep us up to date on your mods as they happen!
LSLUX
Getting to know the place

My LS1 into 04 IFS Hilux Conversion

Unread post by LSLUX » April 26th, 2014, 6:39 am

Just thought id share some photos of the LS1 conversion on my Hilux that Im currently doing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

94 TURBO HILUX
Avid Poster

Re: My LS1 into 04 IFS Hilux Conversion

Unread post by 94 TURBO HILUX » April 28th, 2014, 9:48 am

Yep, that's pretty damn cool.

Got any more photos or more details on it. Cos I don't think too many people have done it to an IFS lux. Solid axel lux has been done a couple of times. Yours is the first I've seen into a ifs lux.

Crigsta
Been here a while

Unread post by Crigsta » April 28th, 2014, 1:45 pm

Nice work there. Looks like it fits in nicely. Did ya have to modify the firewall much to get the motor back so far? How much space do ya have for a fan.

LSLUX

Unread post by LSLUX » May 5th, 2014, 6:24 pm

didnt have to modify the firewall at all... no space to run engine fan, atm i have a thermo as a pusher on the front, but if still to hot i reakon a can squeeze a thermo at the bottom of the radiator as a puller, ill get some more photos as a progress, i work at marks 4wd and this conversion will be sold as a kit, lucky me had a donor car :)

LSLUX

Unread post by LSLUX » May 5th, 2014, 6:31 pm

The new air box im making atm, its not finished yet.. but i have made the box using a 1VD (4.5l V8 Landcruiser) air filter pannel
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Geeps08
Been here a while

Unread post by Geeps08 » May 5th, 2014, 6:49 pm

Very very cool. I want a v8 in my 09 lux one day and I've heard people say the ls motor is more compact than the toyo 8. What gearbox and transfer you running.
See my face book page . Custom Canopies.

LSLUX

Unread post by LSLUX » May 7th, 2014, 5:25 am

Im running the LS1 auto (4l60E) with a marks adaptor to the original transfer. the transfer is 60mm further towards the rear but marks do a bolt in crossmember relocation to suit this which made the job easy. i put a 60mm drive shaft spacer in the front which suprisingly the enginner said was fine to do. and i spun the rear shatft up in the lathe, parted the uni off and moved it in 60mm, looks really good, ill get some photos today of it and post them tonight.

Aaron Schubert
Need to get out more

Unread post by Aaron Schubert » May 7th, 2014, 7:14 pm

Awesome mate. That's quite the motor! What other plans have you got for the vehicle?

Aaron
Looking for somewhere to go 4WDing in WA? Check out WA 4WD Tracks

My 80 Series Landcruiser

LSLUX

Unread post by LSLUX » May 9th, 2014, 5:04 am

well being that i gotta use it as a family car aswell as my toy, it will more then likely be a tourer with the ocasinial 4wding here and there, the main plain will be to get the engine running and engineered. hoping to have it running in 4 weeks. after that i guess ill start slappin on some accessoires, ie bull bar, rear bar ect...
today ill be finishing off the shifter, im putting a b&m mega shifter in it. but im not using the big black box it comes with, i have modified my original shifter console and have put the b&m mega shifter boot in it, looks reeeellly good, but obviously i loose the shifting display, so the last couple of days i have been modifing the shifter so i can mount a TPS sensor on it, using marks 4wd shifter display unit i can now see what gear im in through a LED setup. its pretty cool, ill post some picture tonight of it.

LSLUX

Unread post by LSLUX » May 9th, 2014, 7:10 pm

just an update on photos...

bubble o bill
Here and there

Unread post by bubble o bill » May 14th, 2014, 3:51 pm

Would you be able to run one of the 6 speed autos with this conversion?

LSLUX

Unread post by LSLUX » May 22nd, 2014, 5:37 pm

not with this specific conversion, you could use the same engine mounts, but you would have to do another adaptor plate for the transfer to crossmember as the autos between 4 speed and 6 speed are diffrent lengths. but thats no biggy

Aaron Schubert
Need to get out more

Unread post by Aaron Schubert » May 22nd, 2014, 8:08 pm

Awesome mate. Have you spoken to an engineer already? Might be a good time to!

Aaron
Looking for somewhere to go 4WDing in WA? Check out WA 4WD Tracks

My 80 Series Landcruiser

LSLUX

Unread post by LSLUX » May 24th, 2014, 7:04 pm

yeah we have talked to engineer a couple of times on things we wernt certain on, the 60mm front drive shaft was one that shocked us the most, engineer was totally fine with it as long as it was made to certain specifications and out of the right material. just got the wiring loom back from killa kustom kables yesterday so have been putting that in for most of the day. looks good, be ready for turn key late next week.

Tweak101

Unread post by Tweak101 » June 14th, 2014, 2:47 pm

What kind of price do these conversion cost.
Are there conversion kits on the market?
Its either a S/c kit for the 3rzfe or just remove it and change engines

Return to “Members Rides, Buildups, and Projects”