106 Hilux, crossover, 3 link rear. Tough tourer

Whether it's your first tourer or a hardcore playtruck, show us your vehicle or what you're building inside, and keep us up to date on your mods as they happen!
94 TURBO HILUX
Avid Poster

Re: 106 Hilux, crossover, 3 link rear. Tough tourer

Unread post by 94 TURBO HILUX » December 19th, 2014, 8:48 pm

Going for a run to glassy tomorow, so I'll have a few pics up in the next few days. I'm working on some vids aswell I'll post up too.

At fraser my fridge turned off and we nearly lost our food. So I got new ciggy plugs for the tray, these ones lock in. Amd also got a 3$ temp gauge off fleabay.. Sealed it cos it didn't look water proof so we will see how it goes next time it rains.
image.jpg
image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

94 TURBO HILUX
Avid Poster

Unread post by 94 TURBO HILUX » December 19th, 2014, 11:39 pm

94 TURBO HILUX
Avid Poster

Unread post by 94 TURBO HILUX » December 24th, 2014, 8:56 am

Had a run at Glassy on Saturday with the boys. My lux, my mates twin locked 80, front locked GU on 37' treps, twin locked IFS lux and a GU wagon that just here from a 5500k trip from Port Headland.

Awesome day to say the least. Good news is, I drove Big Red, along with the 80 and GU ute. We all done Little Red and the Hochimin track. But disaster struck the lux. I was straddling the bank up on the drivers side. I stopped for a second, then the wall started to fall away. It came down fast and with an almighty crunch. Stoved in the front guard. Then trying to drive forward to get out of it I ended up scratching the drivers door and dinging the back passenger door. Looks like im up for 4 guards already

Here's a video of Big Red

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTEAHM3kxS8

Video of Little Red

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loZNd5pivHU

94 TURBO HILUX
Avid Poster

Unread post by 94 TURBO HILUX » December 24th, 2014, 9:05 am

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

94 TURBO HILUX
Avid Poster

Unread post by 94 TURBO HILUX » December 24th, 2014, 9:10 am

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

94 TURBO HILUX
Avid Poster

Unread post by 94 TURBO HILUX » December 24th, 2014, 9:16 am

image.jpg
image.jpg

At first I wasn't too disappointed about the damage. After I slept on it, and started cleaning it, it sunk in a fair bit more and now I'm pretty pissed off about at. But I can't blame the spotter or myself, usually the wall won't give way like it did. The good news is I didn't end up on the roof, and it's only panels. Panels are replaceable. The drivers doors is savable, I'll have to get new guards and back passenger door. I've still got some gold left over but I think I might need to get some more.

Toyholden
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Toyholden » December 27th, 2014, 1:28 pm

Lol just leave em, with your case history just leave em as is ;)
______________**BUILT NOT BOUGHT & FULLY ENGINEERED**______________
Toyota SURF 94 > 308 V8 - TH350 > SNAKEracing 4IN Lift Kit > 30mm Body Lift
Mickey Thompson 33x12.5xR15 MTZ'S + Micky Thompson Dick Cepec 15x8 Rims

RATCATCHER
Been here a while

Unread post by RATCATCHER » December 27th, 2014, 4:36 pm

Thats what I would do! But my lux is a POS :lol:

94 TURBO HILUX
Avid Poster

Unread post by 94 TURBO HILUX » December 28th, 2014, 7:00 pm

Yeah might be a good idea... But I'm not dinging another guard after their fixed. Haha

94 TURBO HILUX
Avid Poster

Unread post by 94 TURBO HILUX » January 26th, 2015, 4:17 pm

So a little bit of work is going into the lux, I'm always doing something on it cos I can't sit still for very long. I do nothing else with my life now I'm not riding dirtbikes, and the young fella is always at me to do something, and the missus is happy for me to be in the shed away from her. Haha

It's official, we're heading to the cape again this year. It wasn't a definite 6 months ago, cash wise for a few mates of mine. But it's the 5th year anniversary for my mate Todd who died on our way home from the cape in 2010. We have a new cross made to replace the origional which is getting a bit old. We are looking at getting a plaque made to leave at the tip.

Car wise, it's in full prep mode. Brakes, bearings will be getting replaced. Cooling system has been changed back to the clutch fan. The thermo just wasn't cutting it, I have it one last chance after I spent some time making a new shroud, and because of space I still had to mount the fan to the radiator. I trimmed out the sides of the fan so it could draw air properly. After a good run on it, it didn't make any difference. Executive decision was made to ditch it all together. I've changed the thermo to a 82degree one, cleaned the radiator out and threw it all back together. And now it's running really really well. Maybe too well. Took it up the highway on a 35degree day. And it sat on 72degrees. Im finally sorting out the air con so with that attached, loaded with camp gear it'll sit on a nice 80 degrees.

Cab mounts have been swapped out for new items. Luckily I did. The old ones were screwed. Found myself some new guards and sprayed them up yesterday. Now just need to fix the 2 doors. After years of having a tray set up in my head but never really knew what I wanted. I just went for the light weight option. Just a basket and spot for the awning and highlift and shovel.

gutless
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by gutless » February 15th, 2015, 2:20 pm

hey mate, when u moved the front diff forward did u drill the 16mm hole in the perch so u could use the whole efs 75mm lift kit?
cheers
Happy as a pig in mud

94 TURBO HILUX
Avid Poster

Unread post by 94 TURBO HILUX » February 15th, 2015, 9:22 pm

Yeah. I didn't want to use the relocation plates. I had the back of the diff perch gusserted so it wouldn't bend.

in4rhvn
Been here a while

Unread post by in4rhvn » February 18th, 2015, 1:19 pm

Have not been on here for ages!!! cant believe how far your ute has come. well done on all the mods I like how you do everything yourself.
1986 ln65 single cab
comp tray
bar work
sliders
v6 buick 5 speed
new paint
ruf
ifs rears
12-14 bilsteins
shocks hoops
inverted rears
high steer
35 extreams

94 TURBO HILUX
Avid Poster

Unread post by 94 TURBO HILUX » February 19th, 2015, 6:27 pm

Yeah mate. Long time no see. It's come a long way, I plan on keeping it for a while so I'll just keep tinkering with it. I don't think I'll sell ever. I want to turn it into a winch truck eventually.

eco hilux
Here and there

Unread post by eco hilux » February 22nd, 2015, 9:21 pm

hey mate trucks looking good what model hilux is your tray off? u notice the difference from the steel and alloy one ?
also u ever end up posting your results from your dyno?

Return to “Members Rides, Buildups, and Projects”