Kyzooper's 80 series

Whether it's your first tourer or a hardcore playtruck, show us your vehicle or what you're building inside, and keep us up to date on your mods as they happen!
kyzooper
Been here a while

Re: Kyzooper's 80 series

Unread post by kyzooper » January 4th, 2014, 9:29 am

Got a 3inch exhaust for Christmas that's getting installed Monday!!!!
92 HDJ80 Gturbo safari FMI 2" lift ICON 2.5 piggyback shocks, 3"XFORCE exhaust. GONE
97 HDJ80 40th Anniversary.

Good, Better, Best.
Never let it Rest
Til your good is better,
And your better, Best!

kyzooper
Been here a while

Unread post by kyzooper » January 16th, 2014, 7:21 am

3inch exhaust installed, can really hear the turbo now!!! gunna get her retuned at my next service in a 1000kms. scored an old marks adaptor overhead console off lcool just waiting for it to turn up in the mail its only a small unit just big enough for a uhf .
Console.jpg
Console 6.JPG
then just have to run power and the coax up to it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
92 HDJ80 Gturbo safari FMI 2" lift ICON 2.5 piggyback shocks, 3"XFORCE exhaust. GONE

Good, Better, Best.
Never let it Rest
Til your good is better,
And your better, Best!

Aaron Schubert
Need to get out more

Unread post by Aaron Schubert » January 16th, 2014, 8:01 am

The exhaust makes a big difference hey! I was very impressed when I fitted mine

Aaron
Looking for somewhere to go 4WDing in WA? Check out WA 4WD Tracks

My 80 Series Landcruiser

kyzooper
Been here a while

Unread post by kyzooper » January 16th, 2014, 8:57 am

with the standard exhaust it always felt restricted its so much more free flowing now!!! so much better to drive. Hanging to get it retuned and now i gotta save some pennys for an intercooler and a set of 33s.
i filled up today 120 litres cost me $190, so we'll see if its more fuel effiecent now too. i was getting around the 900km mark for around 110litres.

Good, Better, Best.
Never let it Rest
Til your good is better,
And your better, Best!

Aaron Schubert
Need to get out more

Unread post by Aaron Schubert » January 16th, 2014, 2:26 pm

Can't complain about that economy! I found a big squashed section when I removed the original exhaust. No wonder it runs better with a 3"

Aaron
Looking for somewhere to go 4WDing in WA? Check out WA 4WD Tracks

My 80 Series Landcruiser

kyzooper
Been here a while

Unread post by kyzooper » January 18th, 2014, 6:45 am

yeah it definitely makes a difference.. well my roof console turned up yesterday so i mounted it now i just have to run the arial and power up to it now without wrecking the roof lining.it looks alright
roof.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Good, Better, Best.
Never let it Rest
Til your good is better,
And your better, Best!

kyzooper
Been here a while

Unread post by kyzooper » January 21st, 2014, 4:18 pm

wired up the roof console thank god I have a pillar pod there is no room behind the material on the a-pillar. even had to fit off coax. And it all worked first go!!!
Then decided I wanted to paint my grille so I a can of matte black plasti dip paint and gave it a few coats.
Grille.jpg
it come up alright I reckon.

Good, Better, Best.
Never let it Rest
Til your good is better,
And your better, Best!

kyzooper
Been here a while

Unread post by kyzooper » February 17th, 2014, 8:32 am

Mate taught me how to change my rotors and pads last week
front rotors.JPG
rear rotor.JPG

Then over a slab of coronas i installed my free awning that my bro-in-law gave me cos he got one on his new car
awning.JPG
Then made sure the roof top tent fitted! only fits folding out side ways but hopefully my other plan for it will happen
rtt.JPG
***** pic sorry

and this is what i want to do with my rtt.
camper.JPG

Good, Better, Best.
Never let it Rest
Til your good is better,
And your better, Best!

kyzooper
Been here a while

Unread post by kyzooper » August 29th, 2014, 7:02 am

So turbo ***** itself!!!
Gturbo and intercooler time!!!

Good, Better, Best.
Never let it Rest
Til your good is better,
And your better, Best!

kyzooper
Been here a while

Unread post by kyzooper » December 4th, 2014, 7:01 am

Grunter Gturbo and safari intercooler on!! 25lb boost thats kicks in nice and early in the rev range makes the driving experience so much nicer!!
Anyway six weeks later and still using more oil than it should!!.......... and the engine is back out on the bench again!!! oil rings were f**ked apparently so my rebuilt engine is getting pulled apart and putt back together again!!! Under warrenty too!!
Cant wait to have her back and running relilably!!!
also now running Toyo oopen country MTs 35s seem really nice on the road and arnt too loud!! cant wait to get out into the bush and see how they really handle!!!

Good, Better, Best.
Never let it Rest
Til your good is better,
And your better, Best!

kyzooper
Been here a while

Unread post by kyzooper » December 4th, 2014, 7:21 am

Then to Now

Day 1
Day 1.JPG

3 Years Later
now5.JPG
now1.JPG
Looks so much better on 35s should of come out of the factory like this!!
Getting Sliders installed this week too! Just so the misses can climb in :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good, Better, Best.
Never let it Rest
Til your good is better,
And your better, Best!

safari truck
Been here a while

Unread post by safari truck » December 8th, 2014, 9:09 pm

Build progress is awesome eh? jealous as about all turbo talk...all i can say is keep watching my thread... next year will be big under the bonnet!
Slotted rotors...nice...stopping can be useful...
put my RTT on the tinny trailer...then lost the Ba####rd somewhere south of Townsville...bolts tore clean out of the alloy rail it mounts to.
bugger. James Baroud RTT now fitted, tears still running over cost...but love it love it love it for simple eh... bit like me!
will put rachet straps over rtt this time.
Oh... sliders...nice... mine? didnt stop so and so stick from jamming up the gap and denting panels...how can that sort of thing happen? i mean its a tiny gap and sliders are meant to stop all that stuff...? never mind...hmmm i see no bush pinstripes...what gives?
think im going the FTE engine? i'm onto a rumoured engine shop getting 600plus kilowatts? not enough info yet as been busy but really want that to be true...
Oh... extra news... i'm registered and Cape Qualified!!
be in touch...
Adulthood... its about doing the things you dreamt about as a child...and hurry it up...there is a time limit!

kyzooper
Been here a while

Unread post by kyzooper » December 9th, 2014, 7:26 am

I love your rig!!!!
hopefully picking her back up this weekend!!! No bush pinstripes coz i havent been able to keep her running long to get her dirty!!!! I bought her with 330,000 on it and its got 360,000kms now 3 and a half years on. most of that has been to and from work!!! The little bit of travel she has done was around Jamieson for a few days and apollo bay and thats about it !!
Sliders were going to wait but the missus was sick of having to use a milk crate to get in and out!!! And ive been assured that i can jack off them so strength shouldnt be an issue!!!
Picking her back up coz the engine has been back out and pulled apart again(under warrenty thank god) Mechanic decided to strip it completely make sure that was the only issue!!
Well my trailer dream wont be happening any time soon. After talking with the docters the misses and i have decided we are going overseas (Spain) to do ivf treatment!! Big$$$$$$$ but success rates are up around 80% compared to Aus 25%.

Good, Better, Best.
Never let it Rest
Til your good is better,
And your better, Best!

kyzooper
Been here a while

Unread post by kyzooper » October 7th, 2015, 7:23 am

R.I.P
Well with all engine troubles ive had.
Engine was rebuilt twice and cylinders bored and honed wrong. ended up with circles at the top and ovals at the bottom. Talk of lawsuits, VCAT, lawyers and business insurance, its finally been sorted out. 9 months of waiting but its now over.
My mechanics business insurance has written off the car, as a new engine was going to cost more than the car is worth.
So $$$$$$$ pay out for me plus i recovered my pretty much brand new Gturbo and intercooler, Sliders that hasd just been fitted, my icon shocks, 35s and rear drawers.
So now the search begins for a new cruiser to fit it all back into!!!!
Hope i can update soon with pics of a new 80 series so build can begin all over again.

Good, Better, Best.
Never let it Rest
Til your good is better,
And your better, Best!

kyzooper
Been here a while

Unread post by kyzooper » November 16th, 2015, 7:39 am

So this is the replacement!!!
1997 HDJ80 40th anniversary edition.
230,000kms
1.png
Got work to do now.
Sliders sitting at home ready to go on.
Turbo and intercooler sitting there to.
Gps stereo went in the weekend and i started installing the uhf i got for xmas last year.

Good, Better, Best.
Never let it Rest
Til your good is better,
And your better, Best!

Return to “Members Rides, Buildups, and Projects”