Kyzooper's 80 series

Whether it's your first tourer or a hardcore playtruck, show us your vehicle or what you're building inside, and keep us up to date on your mods as they happen!
kyzooper
Been here a while

Re: Kyzooper's 80 series

Unread post by kyzooper » August 6th, 2013, 9:04 am

Thank you mister tax man for the little bit of play money!!!!
Now to get the last little nigling issues done and hopefully a 3inch mandrel exhaust!!!
Still using the factory steering damper so that needs replacing thinking i might try and get all matching suspension components and if i start with the cheapest bit, permission will be granted from the minister for war and finance!!!
i love the look of king offroad suspension parts but not sure who in oz supplies them, and not sure if theyre relevant for a daily drive tourer, weekend warrior type vehicle.
Gunna do diff breather kit, castor correction and a couple of other little bushes aswell.
92 HDJ80 Gturbo safari FMI 2" lift ICON 2.5 piggyback shocks, 3"XFORCE exhaust. GONE
97 HDJ80 40th Anniversary.

Good, Better, Best.
Never let it Rest
Til your good is better,
And your better, Best!

safari truck
Been here a while

Unread post by safari truck » August 6th, 2013, 10:09 am

Hey Kyzooper,
Last i saw Kings was in Opposite lock here in Mackay...not sure if its not massive overkill for touring! EFS extremes are a good shock without blowing the budget...but ya need 3" lift or more to go to the extremes. The Amadas are getting good feedback but the remote fluid cylinders are a pain in the ass to find a possie for. Bilsteins are on the exxy side but have a good reputation...
Superior do bushes for castor correction but a big press is required to swap em over...took mine to a shop... easier!
Lift her up on blocks and do EVERY bush even if it looks ok...we just did a mates and wow does it drive good now!money well spent.
Enjoy...but buy some sooky bandaids for the skinned knuckles eh?
cheers!
Adulthood... its about doing the things you dreamt about as a child...and hurry it up...there is a time limit!

kyzooper
Been here a while

Unread post by kyzooper » August 6th, 2013, 1:06 pm

i like the idea of the remote cylinders ive seen on ih8mud that some of the ones over in the states come with mounting brackets. ill defenitly check out the amadas when i get the chance. most of the bushes were done just before i bought the car so there only a couple of years old.
thanks for the advice
92 HDJ80 Gturbo safari FMI 2" lift ICON 2.5 piggyback shocks, 3"XFORCE exhaust. GONE

Good, Better, Best.
Never let it Rest
Til your good is better,
And your better, Best!

kyzooper
Been here a while

Unread post by kyzooper » August 20th, 2013, 8:18 am

Removed my roof rack on saturday.and started ripping into it with the angle grinder. im removing the mesh off it and three quarters of the top rail to make way for the roof top tent im getting.
Looking at being one of the first of autocrafts customers to get ICON remote resivour shocks installed when the shipment comes in in a couple of weeks.

Good, Better, Best.
Never let it Rest
Til your good is better,
And your better, Best!

safari truck
Been here a while

Unread post by safari truck » August 26th, 2013, 10:17 pm

Ho ho ho...gotta love a grinder... let me know where you mount your rear reservoirs...i'll swap pics with you soon.
And did i tell you i've seen a 1hd-fte in an 80 recently? they fit mate...but the wiring loom is apparently...ahem...interesting to make fit...
But it will go in...just needs a bit lopped off the sump and some angle welded into the hole to clear the diff...
hmmm...maybe don't tell the missus about this 'new' idea of yours...
Adulthood... its about doing the things you dreamt about as a child...and hurry it up...there is a time limit!

kyzooper
Been here a while

Unread post by kyzooper » August 27th, 2013, 8:22 am

The grinders been fun, The girl gives me wierd look every time she come into the garage, like, do you even know what your doing. i just shrug the shoulders and keep going. if i ***** it up to badly i can just keep cutting it into bin size pieces. :lol:
The tax accountant, "its easier to beg forgivness, than ask permission". with the missus sitting right next to me, but just waiting for the new ICON shocks to hit our shores and the tax return will be spent. i Think these shocks come with brackets to piggyback the remote res onto the shock.

Good, Better, Best.
Never let it Rest
Til your good is better,
And your better, Best!

kyzooper
Been here a while

Unread post by kyzooper » September 30th, 2013, 8:22 am

picked up the roof top tent yesterday! good deal $450 including the roof rack just didnt have the gutter brackets with it looks like i better get back to the grinder and finish my roof rack so i can take it for a test run.

IMG_1889.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Good, Better, Best.
Never let it Rest
Til your good is better,
And your better, Best!

kyzooper
Been here a while

Unread post by kyzooper » November 25th, 2013, 7:20 am

UPDATE!!!
new shocks installed last week no longer handles like a boat. Massive improvement.
was told these are the longest 2inch lift shocks available in the country. i will get some figures in the next couple of days.
icon1.JPG
icon2.JPG
Even got a rc car with em!!!!
icon3.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Good, Better, Best.
Never let it Rest
Til your good is better,
And your better, Best!

No Fn Idea
Need to get out more

Unread post by No Fn Idea » November 25th, 2013, 6:12 pm

Icon shocks hey................flash bro!
2013 Auto LS Challenger with stuff
2011 GIC Offroad CT also with some stuff

kyzooper
Been here a while

Unread post by kyzooper » November 26th, 2013, 6:53 am

^^
Whats that supposed to mean???
Cant wait to get out there and use em in anger!!!
The missus and mum are giving me the roof top tent (that I bought a couple of months ago) for chrissy so it looks like ill have a bit of cash to buy a pressie for myself!! 3 inch exhaust here i come.
So question is has any one installed a xforce 3 inch exhaust and do you rate it???!!!

Good, Better, Best.
Never let it Rest
Til your good is better,
And your better, Best!

kyzooper
Been here a while

Unread post by kyzooper » November 26th, 2013, 7:53 am

good flex shot
2.JPG
And this where im up to on my front center console just need to get gear boots made and then get it vinyl wrappedand make up some brackets to fix it in place.
3.JPG

Good, Better, Best.
Never let it Rest
Til your good is better,
And your better, Best!

kyzooper
Been here a while

Unread post by kyzooper » November 27th, 2013, 6:43 am

A little bit of info on the shocks for anyone whos interested:
The 0-50mm lift units are 395mm compressed and 670mm extended, so the longest 2" lift shock available in the world.

The valving runs a flutter stack, so the high gas pressure and ramped up compression rates stay nice and supple for the first 10-15mm shaft movement before the full rate kicks in, making for nice on road feel.

The valving and gas pressure [180-220psi] also helps in keeping the car flat in the corners, or change of direction.

The shock also has a built in bump zone, so the valving becomes firmer in the last 40mm of up travel once it gets past the reservoir manifold on the shock body.

Good, Better, Best.
Never let it Rest
Til your good is better,
And your better, Best!

kyzooper
Been here a while

Unread post by kyzooper » December 6th, 2013, 1:22 pm

Just ordered a xforce 3" exhaust. should be here some time next week but wont get to put it on till after xmas because i gotta give it to mum to wrap up and put under the tree.
cant wait for chrismas now!!!
Will i need to get it tuned after i install the exhaust?
Got it from bestmufflers.com for $495 + shipping
Cheers

Good, Better, Best.
Never let it Rest
Til your good is better,
And your better, Best!

dhc4ever
Part of the furniture

Unread post by dhc4ever » December 6th, 2013, 2:03 pm

Yeah stick it on a dyno and get it tuned by someone who knows what they're doing, dont just turn the fuel up.

kyzooper
Been here a while

Unread post by kyzooper » December 6th, 2013, 3:13 pm

when I got the engine rebuilt they put a boost controller on and did something to the injector/fuel pump and now im running 14 pound boost which I was told is the highest safe pressure to go. I probably wont be able to get it down on the dyno for a bout a month after chrissy so should I wait on installing it till im booked in for the dyno.
I cant do any damage putting the exhaust on with out changing anything else can I?

Good, Better, Best.
Never let it Rest
Til your good is better,
And your better, Best!

Return to “Members Rides, Buildups, and Projects”