Kyzooper's 80 series

Whether it's your first tourer or a hardcore playtruck, show us your vehicle or what you're building inside, and keep us up to date on your mods as they happen!
safari truck
Been here a while

Re: Kyzooper's 80 series

Unread post by safari truck » October 15th, 2012, 7:28 pm

Gudday mate,
Some of what you've been through sounds familiar... :irked: and some of it thankfully is not...mines got 500, 000k on the clock and starts/runs like a champion, which is good 'cause i can leave it alone while sorting the rest of it.
Really really thought i'd be done by now but its sort of out of control. but yeah... dig in for the long haul as they do settle to darn good rigs eventually...and you'll know it intimatly by then... which logically really helps when things fail out in the scrub...and they do ('murphy' lives in mechanical objects).
the leaks all sound VERY familiar and yeah i got bitten by the bloke who was recommended to me as a 'panel beater'...first time i ever picked up a Mig welder this year... and i KNOW i can do better now than what was done by a so called pro, so yup i have some sympathy for ya with your run of 'experts'...
keep up the good work...rescue the 80 from further damage...and keep it strong an healthy...cause Toyota's now stopped makin 'real' 4wds... :D
Adulthood... its about doing the things you dreamt about as a child...and hurry it up...there is a time limit!

kyzooper
Been here a while

Unread post by kyzooper » October 17th, 2012, 8:15 am

Cheers mate! im doing my best with very little mechanical knowlegde. Electrical side of things is a bit easyer to get the head around being a sparky.
Added some blue leds to some of the dash switches they are a little bit dim but at night they are easy enough to see. Sorry about the bad pic
photo5.JPG
Re-ran the dual battery cable from around the back of the engine bay to across the front through the channel obove the heat/ac core(i think) in some conduit and tied it through some existing holes. Engine bay looks clean now that pretty much ripped out all the dodgy wiring and cables that lead to nowhere that have been cut off both sides of the fire wall.

scored a set of ipf 800's off ebay on the week end for $70 just need to decide now on whether to mount them on the the bullbar or the roof rack!!! and see if i can get another set if i put them on the roof rack.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
92 HDJ80 Gturbo safari FMI 2" lift ICON 2.5 piggyback shocks, 3"XFORCE exhaust. GONE
97 HDJ80 40th Anniversary.

Good, Better, Best.
Never let it Rest
Til your good is better,
And your better, Best!

kyzooper
Been here a while

Unread post by kyzooper » October 22nd, 2012, 9:03 am

Start a few things on the week end, but finished nuthing what else is new. i got so many jobs started its not funny:
half finished drawers, centre console, seats, fuse box, lights, the list just keeps getting bigger.
11.JPG
114.JPG
need to get a couple of boots made i bought a second hand rubber set but they didnt fit properly so i need to find someone that can sow a custom one for me.
12.JPG
113.JPG
115.JPG
This is hopefully what theyll look like when i get around to installing them need to get some advice somewhere on how to put them in properly
116.JPG
i gave this a go on the week end started wiring the relay holders up and put the first to terminals in wrong :whyme: nearly threw it accross the garage. will start again on it tonight then i just need to buy a length of 6 b&s to run from the aux battery to the fuse box and i can wire up the lights i have to install on the roof rack.
i will take a couple of pics of my half finished drawers when i get home to.

Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
92 HDJ80 Gturbo safari FMI 2" lift ICON 2.5 piggyback shocks, 3"XFORCE exhaust. GONE

Good, Better, Best.
Never let it Rest
Til your good is better,
And your better, Best!

80 series td
Been here a while

Unread post by 80 series td » October 22nd, 2012, 7:12 pm

She's comin together nicely mate

kyzooper
Been here a while

Unread post by kyzooper » October 23rd, 2012, 6:05 am

Yeah by the time I save enough to fix the engine I'll have everything else done and just the way I want it. Think I'll be camping in the front yard for a while before I get the 80 out on the tracks again!!

Good, Better, Best.
Never let it Rest
Til your good is better,
And your better, Best!

kyzooper
Been here a while

Unread post by kyzooper » June 20th, 2013, 8:59 am

well got the news the rebuilt engine is back where it should be and hopefully it will be ready to pick up saturday arvo!!! cant wait!!!!
gunna run it in along the great ocean road

Good, Better, Best.
Never let it Rest
Til your good is better,
And your better, Best!

safari truck
Been here a while

Unread post by safari truck » June 22nd, 2013, 10:54 pm

GOR...used to be motorbike nirvana...what was it like in the 80? good to see you back on the road!
Adulthood... its about doing the things you dreamt about as a child...and hurry it up...there is a time limit!

kyzooper
Been here a while

Unread post by kyzooper » June 23rd, 2013, 9:40 pm

wasn't ready so it's been pushed back to this weekend I can't wait!!!!!

Good, Better, Best.
Never let it Rest
Til your good is better,
And your better, Best!

kyzooper
Been here a while

Unread post by kyzooper » July 1st, 2013, 3:00 pm

Got her back Thursday night WOOHOO!!!
with only one little hiccup and me nearly in tears she is all good and now im BROKE!!!
Belt snapped Saturday morning and I thought the worst: I f@#ked the engine already, lucky for me some smart fellow at Toyota decided the water pump should have two belts so I didn't do any damage, omg I wanted to crawl into the nearest wombat hole and die when I found that belt in the engine bay.
Any way all good and incredibly happy with the work done down at Autocraft by Darren and his guys. peace of mind is a wonderful thing and Daz was unreal. He kept in touch every step of the way and the after sales service so far has been awesome. when the belt went on Saturday I got in touch with him out of business hours and he was more than happy to help!!! Could not speak highly enough of the guys

Good, Better, Best.
Never let it Rest
Til your good is better,
And your better, Best!

kyzooper
Been here a while

Unread post by kyzooper » July 19th, 2013, 1:21 pm

this is the pod i installed and had the mechanic add the boost guage when the engine got rebuilt
pod1.JPG
pod2.JPG

oooowwwww pretty blue lights!!!
Hopefully gunna finish my drawers over the weekend and possibly a couple of other little things next week while im on holidays.

Good, Better, Best.
Never let it Rest
Til your good is better,
And your better, Best!

spag1
Been here a while

Unread post by spag1 » July 19th, 2013, 10:15 pm

What type of gauges are they?

kyzooper
Been here a while

Unread post by kyzooper » July 20th, 2013, 3:47 pm

they are autometer cobalt gauges

Good, Better, Best.
Never let it Rest
Til your good is better,
And your better, Best!

kyzooper
Been here a while

Unread post by kyzooper » July 22nd, 2013, 10:23 pm

well finally getting some stuff done drawers are getting closer to completion hopefully by tomorrow they will be done apart from the carpet!!! :D :D :D
1.jpg
they extend all the way way out
Untitled.jpg
fastening them to the body using what I think is the mounts for a cargo barrier and im going to put a bracket under the dickie seat seatbelt mount and use turnbuckles to hold it down should be pretty sturdy!!!
2.jpg
getting there

Good, Better, Best.
Never let it Rest
Til your good is better,
And your better, Best!

kyzooper
Been here a while

Unread post by kyzooper » July 23rd, 2013, 5:22 pm

found these under the carpet im assuming they are to mount a cargo barrier but I found a better use.
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
That is how I attached the brackets at the back and I used brackets under the dickie seat belt bolts and turnbuckles to attach them. Solid as a rock
11.jpg
they come so good im really happy with them, not completely finished yet but theyre getting there!!!

Good, Better, Best.
Never let it Rest
Til your good is better,
And your better, Best!

kyzooper
Been here a while

Unread post by kyzooper » July 23rd, 2013, 5:47 pm

There almost done!!! "T" handle latches and drawer fronts to go on the time to carpet, They will be flush with the top tailgate and a little higher than the middle row seats when folded down im going to try and and make a base over the top of the folded seats for when I go away so I an sleep in the back.
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
12.jpg

Good, Better, Best.
Never let it Rest
Til your good is better,
And your better, Best!

Return to “Members Rides, Buildups, and Projects”