Where should I start looking for this plug

goldiexxxx
Been here a while

Where should I start looking for this plug

Unread post by goldiexxxx » June 7th, 2017, 7:01 pm

Hi All,
I have a 1HZ diesel 80 Series Cruiser. The wires have gone brittle on the back of the plug that connects to the A/C cut out temp sensor. This sensor is in the top coolant hose inlet and is the one on the right in this picture. Where should I start to look for a replacement plug that I can solder to the broken wires? Toyota parts dept only? Or somewhere else that stocks these type of rare plugs? The back of the plug has a rubber bung where the wires have broken off clean at the end. Thanks for any help.
Goldie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

typhoeus
Need to get out more

Re: Where should I start looking for this plug

Unread post by typhoeus » June 7th, 2017, 8:28 pm

goldiexxxx
Been here a while

Unread post by goldiexxxx » June 8th, 2017, 6:17 pm

Thanks, but none of those are the actual connector, they are all the sensors. I want a replacement pigtail connector to splice into the broken wires. It needs to fit the grey sensor on the right in the picture.
Went to Toyota dealer today, I may as well have not, useless.
Anybody else know who sells these type of automotive plugs. Or maybe I can get the whole A/C coolant temp switch and the plug as a kit?
What temperature does the switch activate at to then close the earth circuit?

mydmax
Need to get out more

Unread post by mydmax » June 8th, 2017, 9:54 pm

Have you tried a wreckers to look at Toyota vehicles of the same vintage? They crush cars which have the plugs still attached to their looms. Cutting one off before it goes to the crusher may be an option.
Toyota dealers won't have ever sold or seen any, apart from one on the vehicles they service.

typhoeus
Need to get out more

Unread post by typhoeus » June 9th, 2017, 9:55 pm

did you check the second link? its a Toyota Coolant Temperature Sensor Connector Repair Pigtail . . .
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-Coolant- ... 1363695742

mad_mat222
Been here a while

Unread post by mad_mat222 » July 10th, 2017, 8:11 pm

The radiator place I recently went to just used small blade terminals like below. Make an adapter used with a small bit of wire. Not ideal but it will work pretty hassle free

http://optimascomponents.com/media/cata ... img_17.jpg

Return to “12v and Electrical”