Watch out for Fake Trucklite Headlights on Ebay!

bigpig
Avid Poster

Watch out for Fake Trucklite Headlights on Ebay!

Unread post by bigpig » February 21st, 2016, 8:26 pm

Hi guys,
I just thought I might save other guys for making the same mistake I made, buying cheep trucklite hi/low beam led lights off ebay and wondering if they will be the same. No they wont.
They look nice, but once you try and use them to drive with, you soon realise that the amount of light is not enough on low beam, its like having the dimer down. The only bright bit is a u shaped artefact in the middle of and slightly higher than the rest of the beam, so there is no way to adjust the low beam cut off properly either. The box actually doesn't state that it is for high and low beam as the ebay add does, it states search and daytime running light. So im pretty sure they are not ADR compliant either.
Ive attached a couple of pictures, picture of the 2 leds has the fake on the left and the trucklite on the right. You can see there is no refinement on the left and the u shape im talking about. Ive also attached a picture showing the original incanecant sealed beam I replaced.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

stockhorse
Need to get out more

Re: Watch out for Fake Trucklite Headlights on Ebay!

Unread post by stockhorse » February 22nd, 2016, 6:59 am

Have you done an "item not as described" and returned them for a refund?

bigpig
Avid Poster

Unread post by bigpig » April 10th, 2016, 6:14 pm

Yep, cost me half the cost of buying them but I wouldnt sell them to anyone like that.

4wd Hobbit
Been here a while

Unread post by 4wd Hobbit » April 10th, 2016, 10:56 pm

Why did it cost you half the cost of buying them - seller has to refund the return shipping costs.

bigpig
Avid Poster

Unread post by bigpig » April 11th, 2016, 5:33 pm

All the things ive read doesn't say that. Its done now anyway, lesson learned.

4wd Hobbit
Been here a while

Unread post by 4wd Hobbit » April 11th, 2016, 6:55 pm

It is in the Australian Consumer Law - sellers will not tell you your rights, you need to understand them.

Return to “12v and Electrical”