How do I fix Damaged Powdercoating on bull bar?

Chillers
I'm new, be nice!

How do I fix Damaged Powdercoating on bull bar?

Unread post by Chillers » May 8th, 2018, 8:49 pm

Hi all,

Took my Ute in to the auto wash and used the pre wash bay with the chemical that was supplied with a sponge, this was some nasty stuff and has eaten into my bull bar. Seeking compensation from the car wash, chemicals like those should not be laying around.

Any suggestions on how I can remedy this problem?

Photo of damage
Screenshot_5.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hoyks
Avid Poster

Re: How do I fix Damaged Powdercoating on bull bar?

Unread post by hoyks » May 13th, 2018, 9:30 am

You could try re-melting it with a heat gun, but its a bit close to the headlight which won't appreciate the extra heat.

The only way to really fix it would be to take the bar off and run it back to the powder coaters. If someone else was footing the bill because they stuffed it, that's what I'd do. They may have to take it back to bare metal and start again, so it won't be a carton type job.

cuzza_wa
Been here a while

Unread post by cuzza_wa » June 15th, 2018, 2:56 pm

why is it not everywhere on the bar and only in one spot, not on the tube or anything, and why has it only decided to eat the powder coating but not your paint, light surrounds, grill etc?

cbd
Here and there

Unread post by cbd » June 17th, 2018, 8:24 am

G'day
My powder coated ARB bullbar is getting a bit faded in fact the underbody bit is nearly white. The heatgun sounds if it's worth an experiment as per the standard disclaimer " try in an inconspicuous spot "

Return to “Body and Barwork”