1994 troopy body on 1987 troopy chassis

HJ75sam
I'm new, be nice!

1994 troopy body on 1987 troopy chassis

Unread post by HJ75sam » November 22nd, 2018, 3:14 pm

I’ve got a 1987 hj75 troopy with a pretty rusted out body, I’ve found a 1994 body in good condition. I was wondering if the 94 body will fit directly onto the 87 chassis? If so how hard is it to swap them over and what else would be involved?

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: 1994 troopy body on 1987 troopy chassis

Unread post by Peter Aawen » November 22nd, 2018, 6:23 pm

Hi Sam, welcome to the Forum. :thumb:

Not sure that I can really be of too much help, but what you're planning has been done, altho maybe not in the exact same years but certainly within the same generation/type.... Still, IIRC you shouldn't have too much hassle putting a '94 body onto your '87 HJ75; Troopy's didn't really change that much within their types, & most of the changes that did happen were really just fiddling around the edges rather than major structural changes. Altho they did have quite a few production and optional variations in things like fuel delivery & ancilliary systems. And it could be a bit of a headache getting all the fiddly bits transferred. ;)

But, you should certainly check with your local Rego Auth & get all the info on what they expect if you go ahead, plus maybe even contact one of their listed Modification Engineers & have a bit of a chat about your plans! :D
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Return to “Body and Barwork”