Anyone using or installed Throttle Boosters?

Scantek
Been here a while

Anyone using or installed Throttle Boosters?

Unread post by Scantek » May 12th, 2018, 12:22 pm

Hi all

I'm just asking a question if any one has used or has installed a "Throttle Booster" on their vehicle?
In particular a turbo diesel that had a throttle/turbo lag when taking off

I have a bad flat spot when I take off from a stand still with mine
Its like the first 10mm - 15mm of the accelerator pedal does nothing then the car launches off with a puff of black smoke out the exhaust
If I rev the engine to around 1500 - 1800 RPM it's all smooth like you would expect and no smoke

I'm told it's common on fly by wire throttle systems but mine seems to be worse than any others I have driven

I've been looking at a couple of different manufacturers of these and they claim that their boosters fix this issue and sharpen up throttle response
I don't want to shell out a few hundred dollars for one if they make the throttle sharper but still leave the throttle flat spot

Your thoughts and comments would be greatly appreciated

Russ

Bazooka1
I'm new, be nice!

Re: Anyone using or installed Throttle Boosters?

Unread post by Bazooka1 » May 15th, 2018, 2:32 pm

What's the vehicle Russ?
But yes these units 'quicken' up the throttle response which can remove that flat spot you talk of. I highly recommend the E-Drive Advance 4 which has all or more options than the more expensive units at a much better price and is much more discreet. Completely plug and play in 5 minutes. PM me if you want more info.

Scantek
Been here a while

Unread post by Scantek » May 17th, 2018, 10:48 pm

Hi Bazooka1
The vehicle is a Foton Tunland. It has the Cummins ISF2.8 diesel engine in it

Do you know who is the agent for these over here in the west?

I did make a call to Turbotech a few months back as they are agent for a different brand out of the USA. I can't remember which one but it was around $450.00 I seen to remember

I'm getting the ECU update tomorrow when I'm in Perth but I have my doubts it will make any difference

Cheers

Russ

Scantek
Been here a while

Unread post by Scantek » May 17th, 2018, 10:54 pm

Who are the agents for the E-Drive Advance throttle boosters over here in the west?

Bazooka1
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Bazooka1 » May 18th, 2018, 2:56 pm

I do not know of a model to suit the Foton but it may be the same as another manufacturer.
Get in under your dash to the throttle pedal, remove the plug and see if it matches to anything from this list;

http://www.shadowmotor.com.tw/upload_fi ... ARNESS.jpg

If so then should be able to supply.

Return to “Engine and Driveline”