Changing castor on 105 series cruisers - how do I do it??

cruiserclint
Here and there

Changing castor on 105 series cruisers - how do I do it??

Unread post by cruiserclint » July 17th, 2016, 3:36 pm

I have had a 105 series for a few years now and the steering has always felt vague compared to that of my 75 series ute. After a recent resurgence in my 4x4 interest and researching my next tyre purchase I've come to realise that the Castor is probably out of spec. We purchased it 2nd hand with after market tough dog suspensions throughout. I suspect it's been lifted some in the process, I suspect about 2". Hence changing the castor and making the steering vague like it is. My questions are- is there a way to determine the correct bushes to get the castor where it should be? Can I measure from ground to chassis to determine the amount of lift therefore finding out how much the castor has changed and knowing which bushes needed to correct it. Or do I need to get a wheel alignment to find the castor then instal bushes then pay for a second wheel alignment? Are castor correction bushes available in different offsets or do you vary the position they are pressed into the link arm to get different angles?

Return to “Wheels, Tyres and Suspension”