Anyone getting lag on their 2015 satnav?

Piemole
I'm new, be nice!

Anyone getting lag on their 2015 satnav?

Unread post by Piemole » February 29th, 2016, 8:16 pm

Hey guys

First post :D

I bought a brand new 2015 BT-50 XTR this week, I love it but I'm having some problems with the sat-nav in the stereo.

For some reason the thing lags about 700 - 800m behind. It's pretty annoying as it gives me directions about 30 seconds after I pass an intersection. I also have the HEMA application installed on the unit and it works perfectly so I'm assuming the actual GPS is ok it's just the software. If I stop the unit eventually catches up and shows me in the right place on the map.

I have tried updating it through the naviextras website and I have tried resetting it to factory defaults.

Anyone having the same unit have this problem or anyone got any advice?

Tony56
I'm new, be nice!

Re: Anyone getting lag on their 2015 satnav?

Unread post by Tony56 » March 9th, 2016, 8:40 am

yes, picked mine up 2nd week Jan, mazda are doing an upgrade on the software and know about the problem.
how did you get the hema maps into your system!

Piemole
I'm new, be nice!

Re: Anyone getting lag on their 2015 satnav?

Unread post by Piemole » March 10th, 2016, 6:40 am

Yeah had mine in earlier in the week to have the upgrade done. Fixed the problem but unfortunately caused some other ones.

Now whenever the satnav gives a direction or a warning sound the screen drops out to the radio screen. It is still running in the background but you can't get it to stay up on the screen. But it does tell me I'm in the right place now.

It's going back in today so they can try to sort it out.

HEMA maps is a factory upgrade. Costs $300.

Seen a few people around the internet gripeing and saying that it's too expensive but it has the exact same software as the HN7 so the way I see it I'm getting a HN7 for $300 and I don't have to stuff around installing another device in the car.

Return to “PX Ranger / New BT50”