New alpha canopy fitted professionally & damaged cab already

Dubguy
Here and there

Unread post by Dubguy » December 5th, 2015, 12:21 pm

im thinking of getting an alpha cme canopy for my 2013 mazda bt50 dual cab. ive been told it will be 90mm or so above the cab roof, im just looking for pictures so i can see how high or what it looks like.
thanks in advance.

Dubguy
Here and there

Re: Got any alpha canopy pictures?

Unread post by Dubguy » December 14th, 2015, 8:55 pm

so i got the alpha canopy fitted. i got it done on saturday. it all looked good. he said it may hit off the cab, and if it does to let them know. i was thinking this might happen on rough off road conditions. well yesterday i checked it and its already put a chip in the cab and the canopy itself. the passenger side is pretty much touching, the drivers side has a enough space to fit a key in, just! it seem to be sitting even on the front and back of the tub.
my question is, if they saw it was like this, was moving the whole tub back to give sufficient room an option. is there something inside/under the tub that could be loosened off to move it back? i dont know what their idea is going to be.

Dubguy
Here and there

Unread post by Dubguy » December 15th, 2015, 7:24 pm

so i got the alpha canopy fitted. i got it done on saturday. it all looked good. he said it may hit off the cab, and if it does to let them know. i was thinking this might happen on rough off road conditions. well yesterday i checked it and its already put a chip in the cab and the canopy itself. the passenger side is pretty much touching, the drivers side has a enough space to fit a key in, just! it seems to be sitting even on the front and back of the tub and im worried if they move it back on the tub that there will be a big gap at the tail gate or something.
my question is, if they saw it was like this, was moving the whole tub back to give sufficient room an option. is there something inside/under the tub that could be loosened off to move it back? i dont know what their idea is going to be.
ive been looking at other canopies fitted as i drive and they all look like you could fit a hand in there!!

Dubguy
Here and there

Unread post by Dubguy » December 15th, 2015, 8:16 pm

so i got the alpha canopy fitted. i got it done on saturday. it all looked good. he said it may hit off the cab, and if it does to let them know. i was thinking this might happen on rough off road conditions. well yesterday i checked it and its already put a chip in the cab and the canopy itself. the passenger side is pretty much touching, the drivers side has a enough space to fit a key in, just! it seems to be sitting even on the front and back of the tub and im worried if they move it back on the tub that there will be a big gap at the tail gate or something.
ive been looking at other canopies fitted as i drive and they all look like you could fit a hand in there!!

macmanluke
Been here a while

Re: New alpha canopy fitted professionally & damaged cab alr

Unread post by macmanluke » February 2nd, 2016, 1:59 pm

Yea thats no good, mines a good 30mm and has still hit the cab off road

typhoeus
Need to get out more

Re: New alpha canopy fitted professionally & damaged cab alr

Unread post by typhoeus » February 2nd, 2016, 7:02 pm

have you had a look at the cab mounts, and the tub mounts for any looseness? You may be able to loosen the tub bolts, pull it back a bit and retighten, & see if you get some clearance.

Return to “PX Ranger / New BT50”