Seven-seat Ranger-based SUV

ATC
Been here a while

Seven-seat Ranger-based SUV

Unread post by ATC » May 10th, 2013, 9:29 am

A couple of guys have posted links about this.

It's now hitting mainstream media - Seven-seat Ranger-based SUV caught testing in Melbourne

At first glance it looks like a Territory from behind, but closer inspection reveals it is riding on the Ranger’s more rugged underpinnings. The "Left Hand Drive: Engineering Evaluation Vehicle" sticker on the back is also a dead giveaway.

“It’s definitely a front-end of the Ranger and the back end of the Territory,” Brook said.

Ford Australia has been responsible for the global development of the new Ranger and its underpinnings - codenamed T6 - and is believed to be taking the lead on the SUV version; tipped to carry the Everest nameplate.

Officially Ford won’t confirm the Ranger-based SUV but admitted it is working on new models based on the Ranger.

“We have always said that the Ranger would only be the first of the vehicles to come off the T6 platform,” Ford spokeswoman Sinead Phipps told Drive. “We can’t provide any specifics of other program details at this stage.”

The T6-based SUV would be a direct competitor to the Holden Colorado 7 and Mitsubishi Challenger, as well as the popular Toyota Prado.

This will be interesting, the Colorado 7 seater has a lower payload than the Ute.
Wonder what the Ranger's will be?

rolly82

Re: Seven-seat Ranger-based SUV

Unread post by rolly82 » May 10th, 2013, 8:47 pm

Ford has been making PJ/PK ranger wagons for years,called the Everest,it's just
that we never got them here in Australia. It was only a matter of time before they
a PX version. With Holden bringing out a wagon version of their Colorado,Ford did'nt
want to be eft behind,so don't be surprised if you see more of these wagons by the end
Of the year.

Apocalypsse
Been here a while

Unread post by Apocalypsse » May 11th, 2013, 2:36 pm

Can't wait to see more of this. This is what I wanted to wait for but I couldn't keep driving around in a broken car.

eveyoz
Here and there

Unread post by eveyoz » May 16th, 2013, 8:41 am

Id have bought one of these if they were available. I bought the PX Ranger as the value of my old car was falling rapidly.

Return to “PX Ranger / New BT50”