New BT-50....rate your genuine accessories!!

mydmax
Need to get out more

Re: New BT-50....rate your genuine accessories!!

Unread post by mydmax » September 12th, 2012, 11:38 am

So you have a nice quiet insulated ride the body mount system flexes as does the chassis. So the body moves quite a bit in relation to the chassis.
Some fitments used to slightly shorten the crush tube in the front two mounts so it made the chassis to body stiffer and reduced the clashing of the parts. Not sure if yours can be done this way, I haven't looked at the mounts type.

Others may know more.
Was yours fitted with enough clearance in the first place?

cooch72
Been here a while

Unread post by cooch72 » September 12th, 2012, 8:49 pm

I would have thought there was enough clearance. Around 15mm I have. Any more would look bloody ridiculous. But I think your right about the vehicle dynamics Dmax. Most certainly something to do with crash safety and operator comfort. Just dont make them like they used to. We all know that, but I guess I just expected a little more for my 50K.

deadbeatloser
Here and there

Unread post by deadbeatloser » September 13th, 2012, 7:27 pm

I havnt had issues with mine in the last 4 months hve used it twice with highlift jack and done a fair bit of rough shite ...good luck cooch 72
:boggle:

cooch72
Been here a while

Unread post by cooch72 » September 13th, 2012, 9:20 pm

How much clearance you have at the guards Deadbeatloser?

80mojo
Been here a while

Unread post by 80mojo » September 14th, 2012, 5:46 pm

Dennynt wrote:Just a quick question on the dash squeak, is it coming from the passenger side near the windscreen?? I have the same problem with my BT50. Took it into Mazda and asked them to fix it, picked it up and they said they fixed it but 2mins down the road the noise still there!!
Yep, it's a dash out job, and they will need your BT for at least the whole day. BTW, I know of a Ranger with the same issue.

Holdmeback
Here and there

Unread post by Holdmeback » September 16th, 2012, 8:30 pm

Hi, Didn't get alot of the genuine accessories but what I did get.....................................

Steel bar. Lover the way it matches the lines of the vehicle hate the fit. Mine however was put on poorly by the dealer. It is crooked and the inner guards weren't cut to size. Going back to mazda to be fixed. I see some have had issues with it coming loose. I have not had this issue.

Slim line weather shields. Like the look and they work OK but not brilliant.

Rubber mats in the XT need to have a locating pin or something as they just slide around and give me the $h!t$.

UHF. Fantastic. The mount for the hand unit keeps falling off. Dealer can't fix apparently.

Tow bar. Works like it should but. I have over 1 metre of excess wiring that has just been coiled up and zip tied to the back of the bar. Looks horrible.

All these things leave a sour taste but the vehicle mechanically is great.

Stu

Gythan BLKBETY
Here and there

Unread post by Gythan BLKBETY » September 27th, 2012, 12:17 pm

I just got mine back form the 10k service. I had a squeak in the dash board (drivers side) a rubbing noise under load from the cluster and the trim was lifting near the power windows switch on the drivers side door. All repairs done under warranty due to poor/incorrect fitment from factory. Try your dealer, it took me two gos to get it done as the first time the dealer said it was the two weather shields at the bottom corners of the windscreen making the noise.
Gythan

2013 BT50 B32Q GT Titanium Grey, TJM T13, GME 3345, Pirelli Scopian ATR 265/70R17, 3XM Canopy, Forward and Reverse cameras and all the paint/window/interior protections.

Holdmeback
Here and there

Unread post by Holdmeback » October 9th, 2012, 12:42 pm

Ute has gone back to the dealer to look at a couple of issues with the bull bar. The first as I have stated was the fit and finish of the inner guards. The second problem I found was that it was slightly misalligned. We have fixed the inner guard problem and when they refitted the bull bar they scratched front RH guard. Going to be a couple of days before I get it back now. :irked:

fishwenican
Avid Poster

Unread post by fishwenican » October 9th, 2012, 1:50 pm

I too had a squeak which seemed to come from the dash / console area. It drove me nuts, i felt like ramming the car into a wall. When the missus drove it she claimed " what squeak ? " which infuriated me more.
I found it was the drivers seat height. Simple as that.
When I drive it I used to lower the seat all the way, when she drove it she raised the seat almost all the way up.
Now I have it at half way and NO SQUEAK !!!!!!
It was that simple.

AdzBT50
Getting to know the place

Unread post by AdzBT50 » October 9th, 2012, 2:14 pm

Holdmeback wrote: Tow bar. Works like it should but. I have over 1 metre of excess wiring that has just been coiled up and zip tied to the back of the bar. Looks horrible.
That extra length of wiring comes in handy. I went to Fraser Island and bottomed out a couple of times and managed to cut the wires to the trailer plug - but with the extra wiring it was an easy fix.
2012 Mazda BT50 XTR Dual Cab 4x4 - Black Mica - Mazda Bullbar, Tub Liner, 7 Spoke 17" Rims, Mazda Canopy, Front/Rear Slimline Weathershields, Mazda Towbar Kit
Coming Soon - 2" OME Lift, Dual Battery, BFG MT2

deadbeatloser
Here and there

Unread post by deadbeatloser » October 9th, 2012, 8:31 pm

cooch72 wrote:How much clearance you have at the guards Deadbeatloser?
inch on one side 18mm the other

cooch72
Been here a while

Unread post by cooch72 » October 19th, 2012, 5:32 pm

deadbeatloser wrote:
cooch72 wrote:How much clearance you have at the guards Deadbeatloser?
inch on one side 18mm the other
ok, thanks

150PradoGXL
Here and there

Unread post by 150PradoGXL » October 19th, 2012, 7:36 pm

Gents,

If anyone is interested I am selling my genuine Mazda Hard Tonneau Cover.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=136923

No dents or scratches, VGC/PC. Location - Bundaberg $1500.00

Easy to remove and put back on. We're going to buy a canopy to replace it.

Please PM me.

Thanks.
EBAY.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jasjul
Been here a while

Unread post by jasjul » October 25th, 2012, 3:47 pm

For those that have the factory dual battery kit and the plastic battery case in tub. Could you tell me how it's secured and post a pic if possible. I have the steel case as pictured on Mazda website and it has fallen apart. Don't want to say to much until warranty is sorted, but thinking about changing to the plastic case. Thanks :(

m6sports
Been here a while

Unread post by m6sports » October 27th, 2012, 5:53 pm

I have a set of carpet mats and the drivers one the rubber in the center is peeling off so back to the dealer
My camper trailer build
viewtopic.php?f=134&t=125437

Return to “PX Ranger / New BT50”