New BT-50....rate your genuine accessories!!

TheDamage
Been here a while

Re: New BT-50....rate your genuine accessories!!

Unread post by TheDamage » June 29th, 2012, 6:49 pm

Ermm, I have reverse camera/GT and the stupid rear view mirror goes all black and useless at night! :)
Mazda BT-50 GT with TJM Bullbar / TJM Underbody Protection / Xray HID 220's / Ironman 9000lb rope Winch / 2" EFS Lift / Flexiglass Canopy / 2.75" Beaudesert Exhaust / 130L LongRanger Fuel tank / GME UHF / Projecta 150a Dual Battery / 12" Rear LightBar / KW Systems Chipped

Mick BT50
Getting to know the place

Unread post by Mick BT50 » June 30th, 2012, 7:27 am

Take it back I have one in my GT and it's fine at night

Mick
Mick BT 50 GT, Factory canopy, bullbar, tow bar, weather shields, headlight protectors, bonnet protector, floor mats, reversing camera, toolbox, dual battery & window tinting.

TheDamage
Been here a while

Unread post by TheDamage » June 30th, 2012, 7:51 am

Was just saying..

:computer:
Mazda BT-50 GT with TJM Bullbar / TJM Underbody Protection / Xray HID 220's / Ironman 9000lb rope Winch / 2" EFS Lift / Flexiglass Canopy / 2.75" Beaudesert Exhaust / 130L LongRanger Fuel tank / GME UHF / Projecta 150a Dual Battery / 12" Rear LightBar / KW Systems Chipped

Apocalypsse
Been here a while

Unread post by Apocalypsse » July 1st, 2012, 10:27 pm

Reverse sensors are a bit of a PITA. Reversing into my driveway, they go off as a solid tone that you are too close to the object, its just plants on the side of the driveway. Apart from that the snorkel, large weathershields and soft tonneau cover are pretty good.

foxy
Avid Poster

Unread post by foxy » July 1st, 2012, 10:30 pm

Can anyone post some decent pics of the weathershields please? Close ones (just the door) would be brilliant! :drink:

Apocalypsse
Been here a while

Unread post by Apocalypsse » July 1st, 2012, 10:41 pm

Heres a pic of the large weathershields I took today, not the best for detail. I'll take some after work tomorrow for where/how they are mounted, etc. They did well, that side of the car got hit hard by the wind and the shields stopped ice from forming under them so it was real easy to break off the ice on those windows.

MadKaw
Here and there

Unread post by MadKaw » July 2nd, 2012, 1:44 pm

I already had a wireless reverse camera and couldn't justify the $ Mazda wanted for there sensors so I bought one of these. It was on sale last week for $44 delivered, hooked it up on the weekend and it works pretty well. Comes with a lockable hitch pin too..

http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/p/motorey ... ng-sensor/

I also bought a better reverse camera for $50 on ebay (the old one was too big), works fine.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3-5-LCD-Moni ... 256f9c45d1

Under a $100 and both work well... I haven't run over the kids or anything yet anyway... :-)

Boreit
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Boreit » July 6th, 2012, 10:51 pm

what is the going rate for the mazda black or silver side steps? the side steps delivered from factory on the xtr are about $800.

NEWBTGT
Here and there

Unread post by NEWBTGT » July 9th, 2012, 4:53 pm

Guys,
Some photos as requested. Sorry about the delays in posting.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Black BT50 GT Dual cab, Auto, Black bull bar, Black side steps, Black sports bar,Hard tauneau with central locking, Towbar, Lightforce lights, Reverse camera and sensors, Dual batteries, rubber mats, tray mat, 5spoke alloys,.

foxy
Avid Poster

Unread post by foxy » September 5th, 2012, 8:01 pm

Are the large window shields tinted or clear??

Also....anyone had the Hispec Alarm fited?

80mojo
Been here a while

Unread post by 80mojo » September 6th, 2012, 8:53 pm

After five weeks bashing through FNQ, here are my thoughts on the longevity of the BT accessories;

SEAT COVERS: Just garbage, and Mazda know it. Would not fit from the start, Mazda said they would refund my money;
my answer was, sure , as soon as I get back from Cape York. Needless to say the drivers seat cover ripped in half after 2 weeks.
SLIM WEATHERSHIELDS: They work, just, but double sided tape is not a great idea, but they are still there.
FLOORMATS; Good fit, but the drivers mat tore away from the locating pin. Pretty common says Mazda, but they will
replace no problem.
SNORKEL: Works a treat, best accessory I could have fitted.

As for the rest of the car; Fitting a new air filter is nearly a guess, such a s***t filter material. The dash is coming out
to fix an irritating squeak from the demist vent. The dealer fitted a couple of 2 inch pieces of 15mm fuel hose between
the windscreen and dash which gave us five weeks squeek free. No other rattles, which was excellent. If tackling DEEP
water crossings you WILL get plenty of moisture in the floor lining, even if you can't see it on the floor. It took 3 days to
dry it out when we got home. PS. This is common in nearly ALL 4wds. NOWHERE to fit switches is frustrating.
As for the drive; I really like it offroad. It just eats the track. Obviously, 33's and 3 inch of lift help, but it would be very capable with no mods,
Anyway, I'm sick of typing,
mojo

Dennynt
Getting to know the place

Unread post by Dennynt » September 7th, 2012, 6:20 am

Just a quick question on the dash squeak, is it coming from the passenger side near the windscreen?? I have the same problem with my BT50. Took it into Mazda and asked them to fix it, picked it up and they said they fixed it but 2mins down the road the noise still there!!

cooch72
Been here a while

Unread post by cooch72 » September 11th, 2012, 10:28 pm

Dennynt wrote:Just a quick question on the dash squeak, is it coming from the passenger side near the windscreen?? I have the same problem with my BT50. Took it into Mazda and asked them to fix it, picked it up and they said they fixed it but 2mins down the road the noise still there!!
Mine had a squeak too. Seems to have stopped by itself.

cooch72
Been here a while

Unread post by cooch72 » September 11th, 2012, 10:34 pm

Another bar issue! Just fitted an ARB bar to replace the stupid rattling OEM bar, and you would never believe! I went bush on the weekend and the bloody bar has been flexing enough to bang on the outer edge near the guard! What is it with these vehicles? Chassis flex? Suspension? Anyone else had an issue with the ARB bar too?

TheDamage
Been here a while

Unread post by TheDamage » September 12th, 2012, 9:16 am

That's preety touch cooch, I thought this issues was related only to the OEM bars, keep us updated.

Return to “PX Ranger / New BT50”