New BT-50....rate your genuine accessories!!

MadKaw
Here and there

Re: New BT-50....rate your genuine accessories!!

Unread post by MadKaw » June 12th, 2012, 4:55 pm

I have -
Weathershields - OK, but the drivers side one is coming off already.
Bonnet protector - Good
Nudge Bar - OK - was rubbish until new brackets fitted - still not 100%
Sports bar - Good - I like the double bar better than the Ranger single one.
Tube side steps- Good - Look better and don't get in the way like the std planks
Rear hard cover - OK - Have trouble getting it to lock on both sides at times.
12v double socket in tub - Good - once they put it where it can be reached - still have some "spare" holes from failed attempts.
Floor Matts - OK - first set the badge fell of.
Tow Bar - Good - once I corrected the wiring (blinkers on wrong sides) and the missing bolts put back in... :rolleyes: (its better than the Ranger one anyway.. :-) )
Tray matt - OK - Doesn't fit too well but does the job.

BTW, I got all of this stuff when negotiating the vehicle purchase (some of it thrown in for delays / troubles) - I wouldn't pay there "recomended retail" price for any of it.. :-)

Steve-TJ
Been here a while

Unread post by Steve-TJ » June 14th, 2012, 8:28 pm

Hi foxy, so pics of the seat cover, I was a bit disappointed with them, as I thought they would cover the entire seat.
I was in a work ute today (hilux) with "black duck" seat covers which had air bag labels on the side, but were full cover canvas seat covers, and I think are much better.

For the other accessories
Snorkel = good
Towbar = heavy duty
Floor mats = average,
UHF = good
Tub liner = the plastic seems a bit thin / light duty, compared to the one in my last ute (hilux)
tonneau cover = seems o.k
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Peter BT-50
Here and there

Unread post by Peter BT-50 » June 18th, 2012, 8:00 am

Hello all. 1st post on here

I had the genuine Mazda cannopy - rubbish! It was made by EGR. The right hand slide window glass was cut too short, so it would never close properly and water got in, and the rear glass was not a snug fit, more like it was "in the general area but the lid barely touched the rear door" !!! As a result dust and water ingress every day. Also the LED interior light was crap

Kicked up such a stink I got them to replace it and they gave me a new Flexiglass one! Fully lined roof with carpet, rear window demister and interior light that are both syncronised to inside of car, and central locking of the rear lid also connected to the car doors. So handy to lock/unlock the doors and the lid does the same. Side glass now both flip up, and they seal perfectly. Cant rate it more highly.

Also have the genuine tow bar and loom. Very happy with it.

Given the banter about the electrics, might get a dual battery system if a Redarc and DC-DC charger won't do the job...

Steve-TJ
Been here a while

Unread post by Steve-TJ » June 18th, 2012, 9:11 pm

Hi Peter,
The canopy looks good.
How does the lid /tail gate lock, is the locking pin mounted on the frame / window or the tailgate.

Peter BT-50
Here and there

Unread post by Peter BT-50 » June 18th, 2012, 9:46 pm

Hi Steve

Its a sealed unit that runs all the way along the bottom of the lid. 2 hinges on the canopy. See pics below...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

madaz2012
Been here a while

Unread post by madaz2012 » June 18th, 2012, 9:59 pm

after having auto lights in my last commodore, it was annoying me that i didnt have them in the bt-50, so i bought the kit today,

1st thing i was really disapointed in was i wanted it to be swichable, that way i could get an xtr kit and then make use of the fog light switch for the arb fog lights, (mines only an xt) but instead they made it so you turn the headlights on and off 3 times which activates the module, then you leave the headlights in the on position, - so i believe

i havnt fitted it yet, but will let you know how it goes when i do..

TheDamage
Been here a while

Unread post by TheDamage » June 19th, 2012, 8:16 am

I have the GT and have the lights set to Auto, they work great...

I was a little anooyed with the amount of time the lights would stay on after I exit and lock the vehicle at night and wished Mazda to change it from I don't know what seems like 3-5 minutes down to 1 minute.

The service department said this module cannot be customised. I seem to believe everything is customisable, just give me the code to look at, that and when the new fuel tank is fitted the computer will not also give me a a readout of how many K's to go correctly.
Mazda BT-50 GT with TJM Bullbar / TJM Underbody Protection / Xray HID 220's / Ironman 9000lb rope Winch / 2" EFS Lift / Flexiglass Canopy / 2.75" Beaudesert Exhaust / 130L LongRanger Fuel tank / GME UHF / Projecta 150a Dual Battery / 12" Rear LightBar / KW Systems Chipped

Steve-TJ
Been here a while

Unread post by Steve-TJ » June 19th, 2012, 7:52 pm

Thanks for the pics Peter.
Steve

Steve-TJ
Been here a while

Unread post by Steve-TJ » June 20th, 2012, 3:33 pm

I was having a look at the towbar yesterday and noticed that one of the bolts was not done up, initially I thought that it was only used to hold / locate the towbar for installation, as it is an open sided hole, but when I checked the other side it was done up tight, no biggie to fix, but it pays to check over what has been done.

MadKaw
Here and there

Unread post by MadKaw » June 20th, 2012, 4:25 pm

Mine had the bolts 2 down from that one missing on both sides.

madaz2012
Been here a while

Unread post by madaz2012 » June 20th, 2012, 8:49 pm

not a genuine accessory, but i had a very interesting conversation with the parts guys the other day r.e power chips,

when i mentioned they asked if i wanted to buy one, i mentioned warrenty on engine if it blows up and they guarrentee they would cover it, as the product they use guarrentees no voiding of factory warrenty etc, they printed out the sheet and all that for me to read and have a copy, this mob hasnt got a chip released for the 3.2 yet, but the dealership does fit them to brand new cars if requested......

Peter BT-50
Here and there

Unread post by Peter BT-50 » June 20th, 2012, 9:12 pm

Which dealer and which chip?

Do you need intake mods and 3" zorst as well?

madaz2012
Been here a while

Unread post by madaz2012 » June 21st, 2012, 9:38 pm

was mazda dealership in orange nsw, i think the one they use was the diesel smart power chip or something along them lines,

ive got a snorkle on mine, and ill be building a 3 inch exhaust soon once i get a new dump pipe,

normally you dont need upgrades but they all help

NEWBTGT
Here and there

Unread post by NEWBTGT » June 27th, 2012, 9:31 pm

Hi guys, new here and first post,
I have a the following accesories,

Black Steel Bull Bar- good but expensive
Lightforce lights- verry happy with the performance of these
Black Sports bar- really like the look of this
Black steel side steps- work well and i think worth the money compared to the look of the factory alloy planks
Tow bar- seems to be good but havmt checked yet to see if i have similar issues with bolts as previous posts
Snorkel- like the fit and look but wife thinks it too noisy as the lady at mcdonalds cant hear her place her order
Hard Tauneau- verry happy, fits well easy to open and connected to central locking so no fumbling around with keys trying to lock/unlock, could open a bit higher though but then would be difficult to open
Erust- not sure about this need to investigate a bit further re number of pads and how well it works
Rubber floor mats- drivers side needs to extend further up under the pedals and no protection for carpet on the foot rest, other wise good
Reverse camera- ok not 100% happy, dont think its worth the price
Reverse sensors- thought it would be good but dissapointed with them in the rain as the constantly beep when in reverse during heavy rain so have no idea of how close you are, camera doesnt help as when its raining you cant use it either as visibility is poor due to rain on lense.

Matt
Black BT50 GT Dual cab, Auto, Black bull bar, Black side steps, Black sports bar,Hard tauneau with central locking, Towbar, Lightforce lights, Reverse camera and sensors, Dual batteries, rubber mats, tray mat, 5spoke alloys,.

m6sports
Been here a while

Unread post by m6sports » June 27th, 2012, 10:22 pm

I see you have a Gt I've been told that the reversing camera can't be installed due to the auto dimming mirror would you post pics on what it looks like installed
My camper trailer build
viewtopic.php?f=134&t=125437

Return to “PX Ranger / New BT50”