New BT-50....rate your genuine accessories!!

foxy
Avid Poster

New BT-50....rate your genuine accessories!!

Unread post by foxy » June 10th, 2012, 6:14 pm

Interested to know what accessories you have and how the quality rates....personally looking for feedback on the larger front weathershields and also the factory seat covers....I can see the drivers side front seat material is going to wear from getting in and out of the car.....

Rate your accessories - pics are good too!! :drink:

Apocalypsse
Been here a while

Re: New BT-50....rate your genuine accessories!!

Unread post by Apocalypsse » June 10th, 2012, 6:45 pm

I too would be interested in hearing about the larger weathershields as I picked that option. Also the soft tonneau cover, I saw 1 post saying they were crap but would like to know more. I've got a couple of weeks wait till I pick up my shiny new car so just trying to learn what I can about it until then.

littlenose
Here and there

Unread post by littlenose » June 10th, 2012, 7:04 pm

I have a set of front seat covers, RUBBISH!!!!. At nearly $200 each a total RIPOFF!!! The thinnest neoprene they could find and seat back only consists of a V shaped piece from the headrest down to the seat base. I know there is an airbag in the seat back but all others I have seen manage with just a gusset on the airbag side. :irked: :mad:
2012 BT50 XTR Dual Cab Auto

littlenose
Here and there

Unread post by littlenose » June 10th, 2012, 7:21 pm

The snorkel is OK though! :rolleyes:

foxy
Avid Poster

Unread post by foxy » June 10th, 2012, 8:57 pm

littlenose wrote:I have a set of front seat covers, RUBBISH!!!!. At nearly $200 each a total RIPOFF!!! The thinnest neoprene they could find and seat back only consists of a V shaped piece from the headrest down to the seat base. I know there is an airbag in the seat back but all others I have seen manage with just a gusset on the airbag side. :irked: :mad:

Got any pics you can post..... :D

m6sports
Been here a while

Unread post by m6sports » June 10th, 2012, 11:40 pm

I've got mats and a hard tonneau, both are good
My camper trailer build
viewtopic.php?f=134&t=125437

BarKer
Been here a while

Unread post by BarKer » June 11th, 2012, 7:23 am

I have got the towbar with recovery points, headlamp & bonnet protector, soft cover and the snorkel...

Looking for some large weathershields tho as the snorkel induction noises are quite loud and can get on your nerves if you are 4WDing with your window down, hoping the weather shield deflects some of the noise...

littlenose
Here and there

Unread post by littlenose » June 11th, 2012, 7:52 am

foxy wrote:
littlenose wrote:I have a set of front seat covers, RUBBISH!!!!. At nearly $200 each a total RIPOFF!!! The thinnest neoprene they could find and seat back only consists of a V shaped piece from the headrest down to the seat base. I know there is an airbag in the seat back but all others I have seen manage with just a gusset on the airbag side. :irked: :mad:

Got any pics you can post..... :D
Not at the moment, up at work for the next couple of weeks. :eek:

ATC
Been here a while

Unread post by ATC » June 11th, 2012, 9:20 am

I have the following (factory) accessories:-
Nudge Bar
Reversing Camera
Window Shields (small)
Tow Bar & Rear Recover Points
Canopy

Nudge Bar
Save your money, the mounts it's on aren't stong enough with an Antenna and spotties on it it picks up any vibrations on the rode

Reversing Camera
I wouldn't drive a truck this size without one, I think it could be better aligned and positioned though.
When they installed it the factory instructions call you a hole 1cm diameter to be drilled next to (that's right) the number plate so there is dirty big hole next to the plate, when it could have gone under the number plate and then the cable fed out.
It's nice not having to worry about the cabling changing the mirror etc... but at the $800 mark I'm sure there are other suitable replacements

Window Shields (Small)
They look nice, and are small, but if it's raining don't deflect much.

Tow Bar & Rear Recover Points
Factory warranty on a rated 4000KG recovery point, you also have to buy the mazda towbar to get them, but to me this is an essential.

Canopy
I only have the factory canopy as I swapped the 3 piece tonneu & sports bar for a canopy on the demonstrator.
Good to have the space under lock & key, but at $4000 for a factory canopy vrs $2500 (EGR canopy on eBay) there almost bull bar in the change.
The canopy is EGR and you can get heavry duty roof racks for it that are rated at 150kg per bar ($575 + $125 fitting from most EGR dealers, or $900+ from Mazda)

Regards
ATC

jasjul
Been here a while

Unread post by jasjul » June 11th, 2012, 10:50 am

BarKer wrote:I have got the towbar with recovery points, headlamp & bonnet protector, soft cover and the snorkel...

Looking for some large weathershields tho as the snorkel induction noises are quite loud and can get on your nerves if you are 4WDing with your window down, hoping the weather shield deflects some of the noise...

Hi,
Interested to know how the recovery points attach to the towbar, and would a snatch strap into the hitch receiver using the pin as a securing point work just as well. That's how I've previously done rear recoveries.

ATC
Been here a while

Unread post by ATC » June 11th, 2012, 11:50 am

jasjul wrote: Hi,
Interested to know how the recovery points attach to the towbar, and would a snatch strap into the hitch receiver using the pin as a securing point work just as well. That's how I've previously done rear recoveries.
They are a pair of steel plates that bolt on the side of the tow bar from the chassis rails down to the side of the towbar cross member with a spot for a D-Shackle either side, and are rated at 4000 kg for a straight line pull.
towbar1.JPG
ATC
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BarKer
Been here a while

Unread post by BarKer » June 11th, 2012, 12:15 pm

jasjul wrote:...and would a snatch strap into the hitch receiver using the pin as a securing point work just as well...
As above.. and yes, it would work just as well...

madaz2012
Been here a while

Unread post by madaz2012 » June 11th, 2012, 4:57 pm

if you fit a genuine snorkle, check the template against the snorkle body before you drill holes, 3 of my bolt holes were 20mm out, and ive heard of another one have 1 hole out... you'd think they would make it all the same

TheDamage
Been here a while

Unread post by TheDamage » June 11th, 2012, 5:51 pm

Snorkel - Think its best suited over other brands, maybe biased, but genuine is best. :lol:

Reversing Camera
- It's good for putting the boat on, for parking is rubbish etc, could be better positioned.

:drink: :drink:
Mazda BT-50 GT with TJM Bullbar / TJM Underbody Protection / Xray HID 220's / Ironman 9000lb rope Winch / 2" EFS Lift / Flexiglass Canopy / 2.75" Beaudesert Exhaust / 130L LongRanger Fuel tank / GME UHF / Projecta 150a Dual Battery / 12" Rear LightBar / KW Systems Chipped

boxy
Here and there

Unread post by boxy » June 11th, 2012, 6:39 pm

I had the mazda bull but a roo got me a free ARB one.

I have the lightforce loom by itself. it was an easy fit and a great finish.

I am contemplating the rear recovery points and the 2nd battery.

As for using the pin in the towbar as a recovery point. Everybody does it but it isnt rated for recovery and if it breaks they would probably void the warranty.

Boxy

Return to “PX Ranger / New BT50”