Tell us (show pics?) about Yowies, panthers, & rock-dogs?

For the stuff that's NOT 4WD related, here's where you can come on in and discuss it, but do play nice!
lumberjack6769
Avid Poster

Unread post by lumberjack6769 » October 16th, 2009, 7:55 pm

bunyips - they eat bunyips

BushyD22
Been here a while

Unread post by BushyD22 » October 16th, 2009, 8:53 pm

chuckybear wrote:I know they exsist.
And hunters have gone about it totally wrong.
To catch one you need to for a three day bender and then pick up while still on it hard.
When you wake up in the morning next to it....you'll be a believer too.

:drink::drink::drink::waycool: Hahahahahaha:drink::drink:
04 D22- 3" lift, 33" STs, 16" Enkei Race wheels, Locked up front and a whole lotta grinding!!!!!:D:D:D
plus the dual batterys, uhf, 50l fridge, roof racks, bashplates and onboard compressor.:truck:

kitch76
Part of the furniture

Unread post by kitch76 » October 16th, 2009, 9:16 pm

Where's rabbit this thread is right up his ally
I owe I owe so its off to work I go........

Davo1
Been here a while

Unread post by Davo1 » October 16th, 2009, 10:04 pm

FNB4WD wrote:We had this creature jump out at us from behind a tree in Tasmania. Not sure what type but we guessed it was a Yeti not a Yowie. :p

Hey, I saw one of these down at Finnis in SA not long ago. Big, ugly brute too. Shoulda seen her husband, he's even worse than that!!!

(sorry Kazz, only gagging!!)
100 series Turbo-diesel Std, front & rear lockers, 12000lb Tigerz11 winch with plasma, 33" muddies

Visit my Shed and the 100 series Cruiser

Hairy Goat
Been here a while

Unread post by Hairy Goat » October 16th, 2009, 10:12 pm

Mate, since the invasion of white people and the brazen annihilation of their natural habitat, Yowies have adapted to become like the possums in the big cities. They go through your garbage bins and eat your pets leftover food in the early hours of the morning while you are blissfully dreaming of Mary-Jane Rottencrotch.

They have also been known to tar and feather themselves and disguise themselves as seagulls and bludge for chips around picnic tables and parks. If you don't believe me then how else would you explain the presence of seagulls in parts of inland Australia, like broken hill and Mt isa?
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bogan[/url]
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leyland_P76[/url]
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4wd[/url]
[url]http://www.4wdmonthly.com.au/forum/album.php?albumid=196[/url]

Courts InSession
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Courts InSession » October 16th, 2009, 10:58 pm

Hah yowies! I'd forgotten all about them!

I knew a bloke many years ago that was fully convinced yowies existed. He'd gotten involved in some sort of yowie hunters club and they used to go out looking for them all the time. I used to give him so much ***** about it, was endlessly amusing. I had nothing to do one night and finally gave in and went out for a look with him.

Had to laugh, he had night vision goggle, night vision binoculars, all the kit, was awesome! Can't remember exactly where he took me, wasnt far from a new estate though. I remember he reckoned he saw something in the bushes so me and another mate were gawking out with the nightvision, thought we saw something too, were getting all trembling and excited. Then the bastard chucked a big branch in the bush behind where we were standing. We seriously nearly had kittens and ran for our lives. That was enough yowie hunting for one night!

Found there website, look at all the sightings in QLD! Fruitcakes galore!
Australian Yowie Research - Queensland
2002 Hilux Dual Cab - TJM Steel Bullbar - 31" Wrangler MTR's - Lightforce 240's - Redarc Dual Batts, DIY Roof Console, Fridge Slide & Drawers - ARB Canopy - Safari Snorkel - Rhino Racks

Anthony
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Anthony » October 17th, 2009, 8:56 am

I don't know what it is about drivers of 4x4's that makes them so humorous , it could be all that bouncing up and down on rough bush tracks that does it ?

Those replies are priceless , and thanks for those excellent links , a lot of good stuff in there.

Years ago on our first drive around Aus we met an interesting gentleman in the top end of WA who showed us a small fossilized hoof .... I don't know how long it takes organic matter to become fossilized but I'm guessing it would be many many years , so what ever animal had hooves did exist in this country once upon a time .

And trojan and eraser are so right about so much of this country that is yet to be explored .

I think it would be absolutely amazing if the Yowie did exist and turned out to be Darwin's missing link , which would have the effect of turning one of societies mainstay belief systems up side down .... That could be a real catastrophe ?

Happy trails to every one and always keep film in your camera .... Thanks .
2.5 td Paj. Very good down hills. Whenever you take your foot off the accelerator it immediately goes into "Sleep Mode".

RODEO4X4
Been here a while

Unread post by RODEO4X4 » October 17th, 2009, 9:19 am

There is a place at the back of the hinterland in qld, that has a resturant dedicated to the yowi.
Yowi placemats
yowi size meals
can't remember the name of the place, our qld folk may be able to shed some light? They were very convinced yowi's were around that area.

lumberjack6769
Avid Poster

Unread post by lumberjack6769 » October 17th, 2009, 6:25 pm

outback cruisa
Need to get out more

Unread post by outback cruisa » October 17th, 2009, 6:59 pm

i have discovered the yowie:

:p
Pathy Buildup: Project Pathy

4WDAction Issue 185 Full Feature

lumberjack6769
Avid Poster

Unread post by lumberjack6769 » October 17th, 2009, 7:25 pm

haha love the middle one

outback cruisa
Need to get out more

Unread post by outback cruisa » October 17th, 2009, 8:49 pm

yes they live amoung us and they drive green hiluxs on steroids :truck:

do a google images search for yowie, and see all the picties that come up just on the 1st page of results
Pathy Buildup: Project Pathy

4WDAction Issue 185 Full Feature

FNB4WD
Avid Poster

Unread post by FNB4WD » October 18th, 2009, 7:57 pm

Davo1 wrote:Hey, I saw one of these down at Finnis in SA not long ago. Big, ugly brute too. Shoulda seen her husband, he's even worse than that!!!

(sorry Kazz, only gagging!!)

Mate, I just have to email this post to the appropriate person........:D

Beware the wrath of the female Yeti..... ( You = :cry: ) hahaha
Proudly independent. Great Team !!

[url]http://www.fnb4wd.com.au[/url]

XJalltheway
Here and there

Yowies, panthers and rock-dogs

Unread post by XJalltheway » January 25th, 2016, 6:56 am

Had any unsettling sightings/encounters with furry fanged creatures? Or Roothies? Here's the place to tell us all about it. I know there are a lot of people on here who would have just such a tale. This stuff genuinely interests me, so I'd love to hear about anything that you've seen/heard about.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: Tell us (show pics?) about Yowies, panthers, & rock-dogs

Unread post by Peter Aawen » January 25th, 2016, 9:54 am

If you haven't already seen them here XJ, there are quite a few earlier mentions on the Forum about Yowies, Panthers, Polar Bears, Big Dogs, Rock Dogs, & all sorts of other weird & wonderful sightings - well worth a read! Makes you think, doesn't it! ;)

search.php?keywords=Yowie&terms=all&aut ... mit=Search
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Return to “Chit Chat - all the stuff that's NOT Fourby or 4WD related!”