TATTOOS what ya got?

For the stuff that's NOT 4WD related, here's where you can come on in and discuss it, but do play nice!
chris_stoffa
Need to get out more
Location: Wandering in the Wilderness of the Western Burbs of Melbourne., VIC

Re: TATTOOS what ya got?

Unread post by chris_stoffa » January 18th, 2014, 8:45 pm

SWMBO = She Who Must Be Obeyed

There is also the much less used SWTSMBO ( She Who Thinks She Must Be Obeyed ) but its use is usually when the fight starts :lol: - use with extreme caution :eek:
03 Bravo 2.5TD DCab

HJ75 Rob
Been here a while

Unread post by HJ75 Rob » January 19th, 2014, 10:17 am

Not a big fan of tats, it seems to be the in thing now especially with younger people .
Remember once done there on for life, removing them is dificult, painful, and expensive.
I know some that feel the need to remove them now but it's all too dificult so be sure it's what you won't and think about in time to come if you really won't them.
Oh well this is just my opinion, and I also know some that are very passionate about their tats and would not be without them.
Everybody to their own.

Cheers
Rob

HillsForThrills
Avid Poster
Location: It varies... My Patrol has a turning circle nearly half of Qld

Unread post by HillsForThrills » January 19th, 2014, 1:29 pm

^^ ha ha cheers Chris! :thumb: .........

^ yeah, to each their own Rob... As ya say, they're not for everybody, and I agree that of late they seem to be turning into a "trend/fashion" thing and some of the tatts people are getting are just plain ridiculous... But again, it's a personal choice... I don't care either way if someone has ink or not... Personally, I've sat through four "therapy sessions" (as a mate/one of my tattooists, used to call them :lol: ), and have Ned Kelly with a Rebel moon on my left arm (2 separate tatts, made into one..), a tiger's head inside a Celtic design on left chest, and a demon ripping out of my right arm that I drew/designed myself... I have designed a couple more that I want to get done eventually, when funds allow...

chris_stoffa
Need to get out more
Location: Wandering in the Wilderness of the Western Burbs of Melbourne., VIC

Unread post by chris_stoffa » January 19th, 2014, 2:14 pm

HJ75 Rob wrote: Everybody to their own.
Cheers
Rob
I'm another that can take them or leave them, couldn't care less that a person has tatts or not they are just not for me.

Whilst I appreciate the art form, I also equally appreciate great drawing and painting on paper, and equally know a crap drawing when I see one also but as I have never seen a great 50 year old tattoo as opposed to great 50 year old drawing and I really don't think I ever will , I will continue to pass on them ;)

So, Lets make a sticky of this thread and post pics of the same tatts in 50 years time to prove me wrong :lol: :lol:
03 Bravo 2.5TD DCab

Deans4by

Unread post by Deans4by » January 19th, 2014, 7:10 pm

chris_stoffa wrote:SWMBO = She Who Must Be Obeyed

There is also the much less used SWTSMBO ( She Who Thinks She Must Be Obeyed ) but its use is usually when the fight starts :lol: - use with extreme caution :eek:
:thumb: Love it :lol: Don't think I will use that one, pretty sure my life insurance doesn't cover dismemberment by spouse. :D
Who cares what 4wd you have just get out and use it.
MK Triton 2.8L TD a few mods goes alright.

Kale01
Been here a while

Unread post by Kale01 » January 19th, 2014, 9:59 pm

i have a "saying" on my right pectoral."Yesterday is history tomorrow is a mystery today is a gift thats why they cal it the present"
i am keeeen for some more haha im thinking of a engine parts theme left arm sleeve (i know it sounds stupid haha but cars are a huge part of my life style) :D
Have a look at Mighty car mods Brisbane! I am the sunshine coast organiser/Admin of the facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MCM.Brisbane/

Flathead Fred
Been here a while

Unread post by Flathead Fred » January 20th, 2014, 9:32 am

The funniest one i can think of right now is where Steve-O from jackass was asked to get a "tattoo of your name" on his arse,

Adon92
Been here a while

Unread post by Adon92 » January 20th, 2014, 4:43 pm

I got this about 6 months ago for my 21st. It has a meaning to me which i wont explain on here but yeah. I like it and will probably get more but unsure what yet :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hilux LN106

Goldylux
Avid Poster

Unread post by Goldylux » January 20th, 2014, 6:01 pm

Tatts are very addictive.

My first two where backyard jobs and came out pretty bad,went to a shop
to get them fixed and ended up half covered.3/4 grand later and still want more.
I'm thinking of an oriental 3/4 or half sleeve,gets bloody expensive though.

A word of advice for anyone wanting tatts,don't get any on your hands neck or face,
most good tattoo shops won't do it anyway unless you're already covered.

Oh and don't get your ribs done.haha

cebs8507
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by cebs8507 » January 21st, 2014, 4:08 pm

i have got 4 at the moment 1 on my left forearm 1 on my left upper arm/shoulder 1 on my right arm/ shoulder and 1 on my left leg will get a couple of photos up when when modern technelogy stops *#%$^&*(# me off haha good old modern technology i like you really.
87 mq patrol

fishwenican
Avid Poster

Unread post by fishwenican » January 21st, 2014, 10:18 pm

ahhhhh the tattoo......
the humour of seeing silly youngsters ruin their lives, thinking they are something special or being tough.
trying to prove some futile point and certainly will live to regret that moment.
tattoos have place if they have some real meaning.....
those foolish ones who have those stupid shapes that mean nothing.
Yes I hate them.

HillsForThrills
Avid Poster
Location: It varies... My Patrol has a turning circle nearly half of Qld

Unread post by HillsForThrills » January 21st, 2014, 10:41 pm

^So... do you discriminate or automatically stereotype those who do have them...?

What about late 30's and over ... ? People who have had them done before the "fashion"...? I do agree that most young people these days are doing them as a "fashion"... however, not all are...

By hate, do you mean you simply won't get one, or look down on people who do...?

As I've stated, I don't care either way if someone has them or not... But I certainly don't look down on people who don't..

And that leads me to a simple joke/saying... What's the difference between someone with a tattoo, and someone without? ... The person WITH a tattoo couldn't care either way...

I'm proud of my tattoos...

my80days
Been here a while

Unread post by my80days » January 21st, 2014, 11:11 pm

Kale01
Nice.... ive got "good better best never let it rest until your good is better and your better best".......Left wrist......
DON'T FENCE ME OUT.......I'LL LOOK AFTER IT........YOU DONT HAVE TO BE A GREENY TO LOVE IT.......

Adon92
Been here a while

Unread post by Adon92 » January 22nd, 2014, 12:16 am

Why come into a thread about tattoo's if you don't like them? Everyone likes different things.

But i guess, 98% of people are judgemental so oh well, aye. :)
Hilux LN106

my80days
Been here a while

Unread post by my80days » January 22nd, 2014, 12:29 am

My mates wife has a big see shell on her right inner thigh and when you put your ear against it you can smell the ocean....
DON'T FENCE ME OUT.......I'LL LOOK AFTER IT........YOU DONT HAVE TO BE A GREENY TO LOVE IT.......

Return to “Chit Chat - all the stuff that's NOT Fourby or 4WD related!”