My special tool

For the stuff that's NOT 4WD related, here's where you can come on in and discuss it, but do play nice!
BigDutchy
Need to get out more

My special tool

Unread post by BigDutchy » July 16th, 2016, 10:25 am

Hi all,

Do you have a tool that, for what ever reason, you always looked after, had for ever and never want to loose?

I got this caliper around July 1979. First year trade school. It was part of my first real tool box. I don't have the tool box anymore but most of the tools are still there.
I always looked after my tools but this caliper found a special place in my heart.
Not sure why but I even bought another one so I did not needed to use the other one.
At some stage I lost the cover. I was really disappointed that I did and when I found it back a few years later I was really happy with it!

Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Flathead Fred
Been here a while

Re: My special tool

Unread post by Flathead Fred » August 7th, 2016, 11:53 am

No-one has commented on your special tool, BD! Is it for personal use, or can more than one play with it? :)

Getting back on topic :) I know what you mean. I have a socket set which my dad used. He passed away many years ago and this socket set is old school and tough as. It's got sentimental value, along with being a seriously good set which I doubt you could get these days.

hoyks
Avid Poster

Unread post by hoyks » August 7th, 2016, 2:14 pm

I have 2.
No 1 is a cable oiler. It wasn't that expensive, but worth its weight in gold for lubricating cables. Many times it has brought them back from the brink.

http://www.scootertherapy.com/clubepage.html

The other is a Stanley (re-badged Warren & Brown) torque wrench in/lb. My Dad bought it for me when I finished my apprenticeship. It has never been used at work as all my tools are supplied, but has rebuilt a few bikes and I have never stripped a thread when using it.

nilla60

Unread post by nilla60 » August 7th, 2016, 7:55 pm

I have all sorts of tools that I don't really need but hang on to for sentimental reasons. Like some home made instruments my granddad made for setting out roofs; an old Caterpillar spanner in 15/16 that is useless on a Tojo.

These days my most used items would be knives and axes; like my old Hults Bruks and Billnäs axes. I have a smattering of original Sidchrome sockets and an excellent ratchet from when the name meant something.

Return to “Chit Chat - all the stuff that's NOT Fourby or 4WD related!”