WHAT HAPPENED TO THE SITE?

For the stuff that's NOT 4WD related, here's where you can come on in and discuss it, but do play nice!
Les - PK Ranger
Part of the furniture

Re: WHAT HAPPENED TO THE SITE?

Unread post by Les - PK Ranger » March 24th, 2016, 2:58 am

Rogers Cruiser wrote:make these options bigger

my posts, unanswered, unread, new, active topics

It makes it really ahrd to use on a mobile.

Roadwarrior - update your mobile browser. (use chrome)
At least on you r computer, hold down Ctrl and roll your mouse scroll wheel up to increase font size (works on all programmes on your computer, PC, not sure about mac).

Haven't looked at mobile yet, hopefully they'll come up with mobile version, it's been sadly lacking in the past anyway to view well on phone.

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Unread post by the-viking » March 24th, 2016, 4:17 am

If you use a 'Magic Mouse' with your Mac it's just a double tap to bring the whole page to full screen, as like that for an iPad. Sad news is for what ever reason I'm yet to look into, I can't update my iPhone iOS to the latest. Well not via iTunes anyway which is the recommended way to go apparently. So for now not able to use iPhone for the site. Bit of a pain but I'm sure ;) the admin team will get straight onto these initial issues........ won't you guys? :D

I'm not feeling the love btw without my "Hi the-viking" greeting... Lol :)

Finally and sadly I was wrong about not having to reduce a file first. Tried it last night on the iMac and it was a no go. So photobucket first, copy the url bla bla bla..... :mad: Why oh why admin team. This has been a very vocal gripe for years; along with not being able to add a photo file to a PM. I don't get it.

So long as it's super quick fixes to all the issues raised I'll be happy.

Les - PK Ranger
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Les - PK Ranger » March 24th, 2016, 6:57 am

Usually with such changes on forums, admins post once, get lots of feedback, then never come back to comment !!
Hopefully this will be different here to address concerns.

But in all honesty, whenever there's a change to forum appearance / layout, or engine driving it, there are half that hate it, half that love it, but everyone usually gets used to the changes in the end.

stockhorse
Need to get out more

Unread post by stockhorse » March 24th, 2016, 8:03 am

Les - PK Ranger wrote:
At least on you r computer, hold down Ctrl and roll your mouse scroll wheel up to increase font size (works on all programmes on your computer, PC, not sure about mac).

Haven't looked at mobile yet, hopefully they'll come up with mobile version, it's been sadly lacking in the past anyway to view well on phone.
Thanks Les-PK Ranger now I can read it a lot easier

Les - PK Ranger
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Les - PK Ranger » March 24th, 2016, 12:59 pm

:) :)

4wd Hobbit
Been here a while

Unread post by 4wd Hobbit » March 26th, 2016, 2:16 pm

Wow posts seem to have dropped off since the layout with its limitations have come in.

Les - PK Ranger
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Les - PK Ranger » March 26th, 2016, 5:09 pm

Have since checked out the site on my iPhone, REALLY bad, can't scale it at all to fit window.
That will put a LOT of people off coming here.

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Unread post by the-viking » March 27th, 2016, 7:03 am

Have to say at first I wasn't so worried about the phone issue, but Id forgotten how often I'll check stuff out on it. Besides the fact that for some tech reason, I can't upgrade my phone, I don't feel comfortable upgrading the latest iOS 9 point what ever it is anyway just yet. So is anyone running ios9 on their iPhones with the site working properly?

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Unread post by the-viking » April 10th, 2016, 4:43 pm

Ok Admin.

I have just updated my iPhone 5 to the latest iOS 9. Still can't use the site. Phone only. Everywhere else is fine.

:-)

4wd Hobbit
Been here a while

Unread post by 4wd Hobbit » April 10th, 2016, 5:51 pm

You will notice that since the "upgrade" the Admins have not been back to discuss issues raised by members - they are obviously not interested.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » April 10th, 2016, 7:11 pm

Some of us are here, (the volunteers anyway) altho I'm also pretty sure the paid IT types look in as & when they can too - but the simple fact is there's not a heap they (or anyone) can do in the short term with any of the issues raised or comments made here.... They only get an occasional opportunity to take the Forum down & do a whole chunk of changes all at once, & when that happens there are often other (sometimes unexpected) changes &/or glitches that occur as a result of the planned changes; in the meantime they (& we) are storing up all the comments & suggestions for the next time we get an opportunity (& the funds) to fix some things. :thumb:

Sure, it'd be nice if we could get the paid bods in here more often just to let people know they've been heard & comments noted :o but they've got a whole bunch of forums & other platforms to look after, as well as working on maintaining the entire system for what is now a fairly massive business; & just like every other business, they get to do it on what is effectively a shoe-string budget & very tight time-frames, so that's not always possible... & in the meantime you get to put up with just us volunteers. Sorry, but we do the best we can with what we've got & at least it's still working for most people. ;)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

4wd Hobbit
Been here a while

Unread post by 4wd Hobbit » April 11th, 2016, 6:59 pm

Peter - I don't think that there is anyone who doubts your commitment to the site and members on it. It seems it is always you who takes the heat for the actions of the administrators and other associated issues.

Keep up the good work.

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Unread post by the-viking » April 12th, 2016, 5:54 am

A very simple "We're onto it." Response or even a quick acknowledgment of all the issues listed to show they've been acknowledged by admin is all it takes to let the guys know they've looked and listened.The problem for members is being left scratching their heads wondering if all the points have been taken on board; not that they havnt been addressed. Soooooo admin persons......? :)

stretch4x4

Unread post by stretch4x4 » April 18th, 2016, 5:49 pm

Ok so the overflow css is an issue (prevents us from scrolling to see the whole page)

But I found a bigger issue today on the phone and main site.. The login link doesn't work :irked:

If you want to login you need to manually navigate to http://4wdaction.com.au/user/login

I wonder how many people that is keeping off the site :urgh:
Image HDJ79R & Traxxas Summit

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » April 18th, 2016, 8:11 pm

Bugga! I hadn't found that cos each new phone session automatically logs in for me... but the Forum on the phone is somewhat more painful than it used to be anyway, innit?! :rolleyes: :irked:
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Return to “Chit Chat - all the stuff that's NOT Fourby or 4WD related!”