Lost and probably found

For the stuff that's NOT 4WD related, here's where you can come on in and discuss it, but do play nice!
Stevos4b
Getting to know the place

Lost and probably found

Unread post by Stevos4b » January 12th, 2016, 12:21 pm

Just returning from our trip from Dawin back to Gippsland decided to do part of the Oodnadatta track we cut in at Coober Pedy ,they had been predicting 43 for a couple days and on that day it's was only 40 with low 28 which we felt was reasonable seeing we just come from Darwin ,thats when the fun started ,so with our day started from Alice Springs called in to Cobber Pedy for fuel and ice cream of we headed down the road there was an old truck stopped for photos ,noticed flat tyre change the wheel(had a beer or two) decided to fix puncture later that night ,the road was reasonable for that area getting bit tired looking for a sliding to camp,pulled up and went to roll out the awning and it wasn't there been tired few beers I thought I was on the wrong side of the car,had bit of a laugh had few more beers ..Had a really good trip meet a lot of good people,and I forgot Merryxmas to the lucky person who finds the awning(black widow) on
The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act

Les - PK Ranger
Part of the furniture

Re: Lost and probably found

Unread post by Les - PK Ranger » January 12th, 2016, 5:21 pm

Bugger, can be a little corroed sometimes, but wouldn't have though enough for an awning could go astray.
Was the whole thing missing ?
I once had a problem with a few rivets going in the back half of mine, and it was flopping all about, where the 2 plates are butted up together sandwiching the cover.

Stevos4b
Getting to know the place

Re: Lost and probably found

Unread post by Stevos4b » January 13th, 2016, 9:45 am

Had unistrut bolts holding it on ,only had it on this car just for this trip normally I would nut and bolt it but the old saying "she will be right"all good now I know what I'm getting for my birthday..
The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act

Return to “Chit Chat - all the stuff that's NOT Fourby or 4WD related!”