Technology

For the stuff that's NOT 4WD related, here's where you can come on in and discuss it, but do play nice!
nilla60

Technology

Unread post by nilla60 » January 1st, 2016, 8:15 pm

So we have a huge storm in progress and a bushfire 15km down the road (we're safe where we are) and weve just run around like mad packing extra gear and pegging the tarp down. But in the middle of all this i can sit down to some tucker and a beer and surf the Internet!

edz
Need to get out more

Re: Technology

Unread post by edz » January 1st, 2016, 8:22 pm

Where abouts are you bunkered down Nilla ?
" WE GO WITH WHAT WE'VE GOT "
" WHAT WE HAV'NT WE GO WITH OUT "

nilla60

Unread post by nilla60 » January 1st, 2016, 8:29 pm

Blowering.

Looks like we missed the big electrical storms and just got a bit of wind which is easing now so we're settled in and having beers now.:)

hoyks
Avid Poster

Unread post by hoyks » January 1st, 2016, 8:52 pm

I had a mate that got a job with NSW Forestry years ago. They used to pick their camp sites based on access to water and pleasant surroundings.... then they all got phones.

Suddenly phone reception was the important thing when selecting a camp site.

nilla60

Unread post by nilla60 » January 1st, 2016, 9:02 pm

Funny you should say that. The missus just called from her mobile for me to bring stuff to the tent so she doesn't need to go out into the weather.

jfoldbar
Avid Poster

Unread post by jfoldbar » January 1st, 2016, 9:40 pm

me and the missus just spent a week camping at the beach south of ulladulla. had no signal at all and was fine. when we left we drove an hour out of our way to do a bushwalk. while driving she got signal and phone was buzzing with msgs, then the signal disappeared again as we went into the bush, suddenly i was the worst in the world for choosing a bush walk, that is funnily enough, in the bush... aaarrrggghhh, how do you win?

BennyT50
Avid Poster

Unread post by BennyT50 » January 2nd, 2016, 5:18 am

You don't. and if you do happen to win, YOU LOSE!!!! lol.

BennyT50
BennyT50 - BT-50 SDX Dual Cab
Canopy, Bullbar, Tub Liner, ERPS, Snorkel, UHF, Dual battery, Side steps, Towbar, In-car camera.

edz
Need to get out more

Unread post by edz » January 2nd, 2016, 4:04 pm

I'm not anti tech, but I did get a big grin the other day, After a bit of niggling with the wife over electro gizmo
's and phones etc vs paper maps ... Heading out on a day trip the wife has the new GPS all bing bonging away turn here and there etc .
Pulled up for a meal break just short of the area we were headed to, jumped back in to head off after the break and the gps fades out blank screen dead .
So its out with my old skool hand written directions on paper [ that I was scolded for doing ] " Here take these " , what do I want that for, I'll use the phone Gps, came the reply [ My big grin ] as she realized she had no phone reception and grabbed the paper of me, with a sulky look . Had to quietly chuckle " I told you soooo " .
The kicker was like you when we did get reception, bloody stupid phone went crazy with incoming texts .. Grrrr
" WE GO WITH WHAT WE'VE GOT "
" WHAT WE HAV'NT WE GO WITH OUT "

hoyks
Avid Poster

Unread post by hoyks » January 2nd, 2016, 4:40 pm

nilla60 wrote:Funny you should say that. The missus just called from her mobile for me to bring stuff to the tent so she doesn't need to go out into the weather.
My wife sends texts me to request I bring her glasses/phone charger/whatever she forgot to her in bed!

RODEODAVE
Been here a while

Unread post by RODEODAVE » January 3rd, 2016, 5:00 pm

I prefer it if there is no reception .... work phone rings none stop all day on top of that add in emails GGGRRR ... love it when i get away AAHH

Return to “Chit Chat - all the stuff that's NOT Fourby or 4WD related!”