I gonna lose some KG's in 2016 and what are you doing?

For the stuff that's NOT 4WD related, here's where you can come on in and discuss it, but do play nice!
the-viking
Part of the furniture

Re: I gonna lose some KG's in 2016 and what are you doing?

Unread post by the-viking » February 8th, 2016, 6:58 pm

Mate go for it….. but heres the thing. Don't make it technical. Loosing weight is not Rocket Science. It is mentally challenging I know, but not Rocket Science. 'No fat in, No fat on' as one of my PTI's in the Army use to tell us. Simples! I was at a BBQ the other day and was listening to the ladies talking about weight loss. One was going on with this points thing. :rolleyes: She was saying how if you ate an orange you loose more calories than if you juiced it because your body works harder to brake it down if whole. My wife hates me because if I want to loose weight I can with a little self control. Firstly and importantly, feed your body properly for at least a month or until you feel a difference in the general way you feel. Everyones different as in how much time this will be. Its important to be healthy on the inside before putting your body to work. Then start an exercise regime to your liking. Again, keep it simple and doable. GET RID OF OR DONT BUY SCALES!!!!!! They are your enemy. Your pants and belt notches are your friends. Seriously. My wife was obsessed with the scales until they accidentally disappeared one day. I got in trouble but she then understood how they provide more disappointment than anything else. Now the biggest tip of all; TAKE THE WEEKENDS OFF! Doesn't mean eat 5 pizzas and drink 2 cartons. It means have that dinner out or take away and if you drink, have it. All in moderation though. So many people fail because they don't leave some normality in there life. My routine is Monday to Friday eat and drink well. Small portions too; very important. Good luck. :)

BigDutchy
Need to get out more

Unread post by BigDutchy » February 8th, 2016, 8:38 pm

Haven't seen the scales much. Been on 2 conferences did not help. Australia day weekend not so good.
Been sick did help big time. Have visitors over, not good. Wife is sick now....not good for her good for me....

Will have a look soon and see how we go. It doesn't feel promising. From next month life should be much quieter, no visitors, no birthdays, no school camps etc .....

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Unread post by the-viking » February 9th, 2016, 9:39 am

Yes. The silly season doesn't help. If only you could take a tablet that gives the same weight loss results as stress does, lol, but without the health issues. :D

Les - PK Ranger
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Les - PK Ranger » February 9th, 2016, 9:47 pm

I'm finding some of the technical aspects pretty motivating actually.
The Aust Calorie Counter app is awesome for planning meals, you see not only the energy content, cals or kjs, but you can see sugar, fat, carbs, protein etc.
All you need to do is stay under X cals a day ( I'm using 1800 cals, but some days quite ok with 1000 or so) and the regular thing with work and play and you can see results reasonably straight up within the first week.
If you throw in some extra activities, well it just drops off so much faster :)

The scales once a week are fine, again you see results it motivates you even more.

Missed my update last week, but dropped from 98.2 to 97.2.
This week with some light exercise twice a day (without fail) down to 94.2.

Before I leave Brissy where I'm working for a few weeks, back to Adelaide on the 24th, I reckon I'll be down to my target 90kg.
Then I decide if I need / want to go a little more, maybe 85.

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Unread post by the-viking » February 10th, 2016, 4:41 am

Les - PK Ranger wrote:I'm finding some of the technical aspects pretty motivating actually.
At the end of the day it's what works for you. However I personally see to many people who do find it hard to loose weight get put off with all the calorie counting, point systems, apps, Fit Bitz or what ever they are and so on. They're also more likely to succeed if they get a weekly break from the diet. Reward time. For me that's weekends. My mate chooses Wednesday as his break time due to his job. Again, for me what I do works and works very well. I found out last night that our doctor also told my wife to get rid of the scales but she didn't want me to know that. Lol. I'm not saying not to weigh yourself but rather don't own your own set. Either get weighed by your doctor or use someone else's. This stops the weekly temptation to get on the scales. More so it stops those who, and they do, get on every day or second day. You have to be disciplined with scales. In my way of thinking, the less you have to think about your diet the more doable it will be. Cheers. :)

BigDutchy
Need to get out more

Unread post by BigDutchy » March 5th, 2016, 6:35 am

Just a quick update. I am now 111KG
Not bad considering that I haven't had time to really look at myself. My wife was in hospital for a week and I was running between work, home and hospital. No time for a balanced meal. Just 10 minute dinners at the local take away.
My wife is now back at home but needs to gain weight! She is 172 cm and only 52 KG's. Not much left of her.
So, potato bakes with cream etc for her, full cream milk and yogurt etc.
I am the cook at home.....hard times ahead!

Will keep you posted

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Unread post by the-viking » March 5th, 2016, 7:23 am

Ouch! That is a toughy….. Will power turned to full volume there. Well good luck and I hope the Misses get better quicker than soon.

Les - PK Ranger
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Les - PK Ranger » March 5th, 2016, 3:46 pm

You're losing Dutchy, that's the main thing.
Use that to your advantage, to keep focused.

Hope your missus recovers quickly, feed her all the stuff you want to avoid.

gqjay
Part of the furniture

Unread post by gqjay » March 16th, 2016, 5:21 pm

Have you tried premade meals yet.
I use you foodz, but need to allow around $100 or so for a week. Brekkie, snack and lunch and then have home cook dinner or it get real expensive.
Great meals ready to Go and there all fresh nothing. Frozen.

BigDutchy
Need to get out more

Unread post by BigDutchy » April 3rd, 2016, 11:46 am

Hello all

I am not loosing much weight at the moment but I am on 113KG at the moment. So I have lost 4.

My wife was diagnosed with bowel cancer a few months back. She was successfully operated on and is now recovering. She had lost a bit of weight. Was only 50KG. She was never a fatty but 50 is just not good for someone with a 172cm length.
Anyway her new diet to gain weight was my "normal" diet.....I am going back to work on Monday and hope to fall back in to a normal routine again and hope to lose a bit more.

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Unread post by the-viking » April 3rd, 2016, 3:00 pm

Mate good on your wife for beating the big 'C'. All the best to you both. :thumb: :drink: :)

AGU
Been here a while

Unread post by AGU » April 9th, 2016, 9:16 pm

G`day all. Sounds like a few people are losing weight successfully. Five weeks ago, I decided to go on a diet and have lost 13.5 Kgs so far. Not too bad I spose. I`m finding that I am watching cooking shows a bit more than usual and I think it`s helping me stay on the diet.

Shann Low
Avid Poster

Unread post by Shann Low » April 9th, 2016, 11:25 pm

118.6 - I seem to hover around 118-119 basically.

I saw some thing on the idiot box about reverse diabetes in 2 weeks with a 830 calories a day diet!

I checked the Pepsi Max "zero sugar" can & no sugar - only 1 calorie per can!

I figure, if I restrict myself to 830 cans of Pepsi max a day and nothing else - then in 2 weeks I am either dead or cured of diabetes, right? :lol: :rolleyes:

Was just thinking how many more calories if I add a cap full of single malt scotch to each can of Pepsi Max? :p :D

This might actually be a worthwhile experiment...

AGU
Been here a while

Unread post by AGU » April 10th, 2016, 7:53 pm

I heard on the radio some time back that if you lose 20Kg or greater in 2 months, within 4 years of getting type 2 diabetes, your insulin would start to work again. Don`t remember hearing what weight you had to be for that to happen. Only what I have heard and don`t know if it`s true.

Shann Low
Avid Poster

Unread post by Shann Low » April 12th, 2016, 12:22 pm

Yeah there's some new research that says its fat build up in the pancreas that causes the insulin issues, and anything that reverses that fat in the pancreas, will kick start the pancreas to produce the insulin your body needs.

Thing is - there's probably a LOT we yet don't know about the current obesity epidemic and diabetes etc.

Ever had ya appendix out? When they play up the docs remove them because they perform no known useful function.

Or do they?

Do they help prevent obesity in older age or maintain pancreatic function by removing fat from the pancreas maybe?

Is there any link between age obesity / type 2 diabetes - and people who have had their appendix removed as a kid?

No one knows, coz the research has never been done - coz everyone knows the human evolved to have a superfluous appendix that performs no known worthwhile function...

Using that logic we should amputate all left arms, left legs, left ears, and left eyes, - everyone knows you can get bye fine with just one, &the others perform no known useful function!

Did i mention I have zero faith in our medical system?.

Return to “Chit Chat - all the stuff that's NOT Fourby or 4WD related!”