I gonna lose some KG's in 2016 and what are you doing?

For the stuff that's NOT 4WD related, here's where you can come on in and discuss it, but do play nice!
jfoldbar
Avid Poster

Re: I gonna lose some KG's in 2016 and what are you doing?

Unread post by jfoldbar » January 14th, 2016, 12:48 pm

im trying to loose 10-15 kg at the moment, bout halfway there. cause of this im constantly weighing myself. a few nights ago i weighed myself at 7pm. i was 83kgs. i ate or drank nothing before bed. got up next day at 5, and before brekky i weighed myself. i was 84.5kgs. where did 1.5kgs come from if i ate nothing?

Shann Low
Avid Poster

Unread post by Shann Low » January 14th, 2016, 3:20 pm

I only have to dream of food and I gain 2 kilos overnight!
A good crap will shed those 2 kilos the next morning! :lol:
I've had farts that weighed 1 kilo... :D

edz
Need to get out more

Unread post by edz » January 14th, 2016, 4:20 pm

^^^ I'm the same, have a thin ham, cheese n lettuce sandwich and a 600ml water at 5 in the arvo, work [ Fairly active job ] till midnight, another 600ml water before bed and 1.5 odd Kgs heavier the next day ..
" WE GO WITH WHAT WE'VE GOT "
" WHAT WE HAV'NT WE GO WITH OUT "

jfoldbar
Avid Poster

Unread post by jfoldbar » January 14th, 2016, 4:55 pm

yeah but if you drink 1200ml of water of couse your weight will increase by 1kg. but im talking about when nothing is consumed. where does the weight come from then?

Les - PK Ranger
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Les - PK Ranger » January 14th, 2016, 5:50 pm

Hmm, I haven't noticed that (maybe it is so) and only that last time I checked yesterday I was actually down in the morn (no salt ? see links below) . . .

So I googled it !! :D
(weight gain overnight from where)

Have a read . . .
http://www.christinacarlyle.com/why-did ... overnight/
http://www.sparkpeople.com/ma/5-pound-w ... 1/34838737
https://www.sharecare.com/health/exerci ... -overnight

gqjay
Part of the furniture

Unread post by gqjay » January 14th, 2016, 7:00 pm

jfoldbar wrote:yeah but if you drink 1200ml of water of couse your weight will increase by 1kg. but im talking about when nothing is consumed. where does the weight come from then?

Still the water, don't eat any thing and consume a bottle of red instead. Wake up feeling like ***** but also lighter. Body builder trick to also rip up before a Comp or to avoid drug testing even photo shoot.

Les - PK Ranger
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Les - PK Ranger » January 15th, 2016, 4:56 am

Hmm, just checked again this morning, definitely a little over 2kg lighter, was 99.3, now 96.6, haven't even been to the little room yet !! :D

I'm noticing a lot of my foods are pretty low in sodium, so that salt retaining water answer is possibly correct in my links above.
Probable too that my calorie intake is also low enough to just naturally limit salt and sugar in the daily totals.

Definitely going to start weighing up just once a week, at night like I have been doing all along, daily is too hard to do see the change with natural fluctuations.

Sugar.
Do you know the max safe daily intake for sugar in an adult male is just 37.5g (9 t/spns) ?
And the recom daily intake just 25g (6.25 t/spns) ?
A Coke 375ml can 40gms = 10 teaspoons, saw a carton of 20 at the supa yesterday, all I saw was 200 teaspoons or 0.8KG of sugar !!

Not just the soft drinks to watch . . .FUIC 600ml 57.6g = 14.4 teaspoons (this one particularly wants me nearly shed a tear !! :()

It is so hard to stay under that daily recommended, everything has sugar in it, I think most people would go 2 or 3 x over daily without any effort, much more if you drink a few of the iced coffees or fizzy stuff.

BigDutchy
Need to get out more

Unread post by BigDutchy » January 15th, 2016, 7:47 am

Just checked, I am now on 112.8KG So, I have lost a little.
I am going back to work on Monday. Starting with a 3 day conference.....all catered for....
Food is just talking to me all the time.....take me, bite me, taste me.....

Les - PK Ranger
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Les - PK Ranger » January 15th, 2016, 9:00 am

Good on ya mate, the right direction.
What's your start weight Dutchy ?

Conference will be difficult, watch the beer.
Lights aren't too bad, Cascade Premium Light 375ml stubby has just 105cals (428kjs) and bugger all sugar .022gms.
Still gotta go easy.

It was slightly difficult yesterday, visited friends place, resisted home made Kingston type bickies, then BIL and family over, made cupcakes with their young daughter (didn't touch em), then dinner I had 8 x Premium Light bics with half cherry tom, half olive, and a small bit of cheese on each, while the family goes down to a new American style burger joint and had a feed there (sort of special treat with a heap of extended family just here).

Ah well, will be worth it, I think one of those burgers would be more than half a days needed energy, just excessive.
I really don't feel like that sort of stuff now, totally could go back to Maccas or Hungrys, no way.

Shann Low
Avid Poster

Unread post by Shann Low » January 15th, 2016, 4:30 pm

Every loaf of bread is a tragic tale of grains that could've become beer.......but didn't....

Whatever you do do NOT drink water! MY Ol man always said water was only fit for dogs to drink and women to wash in - besides fish fornicate in water!. :lol:

Les - PK Ranger
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Les - PK Ranger » January 19th, 2016, 10:05 pm

Last Tues night 100.2, tonight (Tues) 98.6 . . .

Saturday night was a mates wifes 50th, and boy was I constrained !
Just 2 Cascade Premium Lights at 105 cals each :drink: and ate fairly conservatively given the smorgasbord presented !! :purplex:

Still, I think I managed to eat / drink about a weeks worth of cals in the one day, but hey, you have to let yourself off the hook and enjoy a little every now and then.

This morning was 96.6, so should hopefully have seen the last of 100 !! :D

From tomorrow, I'm throwing in more deliberate EXERCISE each day !!
On the bike in the morn first up for a quick 22k return ride to the workshop and back (quick 10 min job), then do something extra each day for here on.
See what difference that makes.

stockhorse
Need to get out more

Unread post by stockhorse » January 26th, 2016, 10:16 am

I tried sesame seeds but it didn't help Peter, in fact I gained weight.

Perhaps it was the combination?

2 all beef patties,special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onion on a sesame seed bun

BigDutchy
Need to get out more

Unread post by BigDutchy » January 26th, 2016, 8:35 pm

Funny, I had a very similar problem....Just a little bit of chicken, lettuce etc, some potato on the side and drink and now I am way over 100KG.

Anyway, holidays, Australia day etc are now all behind us and loosing weight will now commence in seriousness....

Les - PK Ranger
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Les - PK Ranger » January 27th, 2016, 12:12 am

Well just a bit of a slow down in loss for this week.
Teach me to go away Fri until early this arvo on a 4WD trip !!

Lost just 0.4kg this week down to 98.2, the trip got some bad habits come back, limited myself to 2 light beers a night, so hard, and B&E sand on the way home was a bit extravagant.
Also one day had a bit over half a bag of CC's Nacho Cheese for lunch, not a good choice, just pathetic resistance !! :)

Anyway, we drove Kingston SE to mouth of the Glenelg River, beaches and dunes all but <15km or so of blacktop.
Got a couple of short walks in on the SE beaches of SA, and had a few recoveries in the group that saw me take the shovel and dig quite a bit, hard yakka and maybe helped me keep the weight loss going in the right direction, if only just a little bit.

Les - PK Ranger
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Les - PK Ranger » February 8th, 2016, 7:08 am

Hope you're all on track still.
Best of luck with your goals.

Return to “Chit Chat - all the stuff that's NOT Fourby or 4WD related!”