Your non 4x4 cars (toys)

For the stuff that's NOT 4WD related, here's where you can come on in and discuss it, but do play nice!
stockhorse
Need to get out more

Re: Your non 4x4 cars (toys)

Unread post by stockhorse » December 6th, 2015, 8:39 am

Mrs just showed me this.

I think she is serious but don't know if she wants to go ball bearing turbos on the soarer or a single set up or upgrade the wrx turbo while I am doing a motor rebuild for her.

stockhorse
Need to get out more

Unread post by stockhorse » December 24th, 2015, 5:44 pm

Well the Mrs got a set of twin turbos, they just happen to be attached to another soarer hehehe. She doesn't know this one is coming yet.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » December 24th, 2015, 7:14 pm

I so hope you are still stringing her along tho, there's still a few hours to go yet, you can get a lot of niggling done during that time & it'll make the surprise soooo much bigger!! :D
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

stockhorse
Need to get out more

Unread post by stockhorse » December 24th, 2015, 8:24 pm

She has no idea yet Peter. She did a 12 1/2 hr shift at a seafood outlet today, she has to prep the turkey, the chook, the pork and the ham for baking.Then do the stuffing, peel the spuds for baking with the carrots and pumpkin. Peel the prawns and the lobster and crabs. Finish wrapping the kids presents and she is done for the day.
Don't think I will do too much niggling tonight,she might not take it well lol

Goldylux
Avid Poster

Unread post by Goldylux » December 25th, 2015, 12:37 pm

You could probably help her.lol :D

Just kidding mate.

On the cars front,
Ive been just about been talked out of turboing the Calais and using it for a daily.
The car drives pretty good and I don't really want to wreck it. Any ideas? or input?

stockhorse
Need to get out more

Unread post by stockhorse » December 25th, 2015, 5:19 pm

Goldy, I help her, I sit in the lounge out of the way and sip on my bourbon. That way she doesn't have to try and fix my stuff ups :rolleyes:

Now to the series business of the Calais.

From the few pics you have posted she looks pretty nice and original.Would make a very nice daily in place of the Clubby.
If mine I would do the research as to collecterbility and number of unmolested ones available.If doing any mods I would want them to be 100% reversible,(no cut looms,trimmed panels etc.)If hunting for a little more power I would remove original motor (to retain matching numbers) and fit a new crate motor with twin turbos and supercharger to make it really stand out from a backyard yard hot up job.All of that would of course require big dollars but would make it a one off and the dollars could be recouped on sale in the future.
My personal opinion is with this one since it is a low number production either go all out (but reversible) or stay dead stock.

He he he bet that didn't help at all :crazy:

Goldylux
Avid Poster

Unread post by Goldylux » December 27th, 2015, 11:24 am

Haha, yeh sometimes it's better to just keep out of the way. Less hassles for everyone
concerned. We've got a small kitchen and it doesnt take long for two people in there
to get pretty cross at eachother.

The car is very rare and unmolested, and to be honest it's not really what i wanted.lol
Theres less than 350 made and i havent seen another one on the road. Or even on gumtree
that hasnt been played with.

After doing some work on the car and looking through the log books, it hasnt been modified or
crashed. Ever! Very original and unmolested.

I'm due for a workers comp payout next year and i'm thinking of going with the top mount
magnerson supercharger. Seems the most reliable and user friendly idea for daily driving.
My backs stuffed and i'm in constant pain so an unreliable car with a hairdryer, although sounding nice
probably doesnt fit the bill.

I'm after a reliable 400hp, and a smooth 400hp. Standard stall, nice idle etc.

The performance shop i go to reckons about 12k drive in drive out.

Bring on 2016! :D

Brisbane Puff
Been here a while

Unread post by Brisbane Puff » December 27th, 2015, 12:06 pm

Goldie, I was thinking supercharger is the way to go. No major changes. Smooth controllable power from idle, AND no excessive heat and the problems to go along with it. 12K sounds about right for a top install, drive in drive out..

And Stockie, where's the photos of the new Soarer??
Puff

stockhorse
Need to get out more

Unread post by stockhorse » December 27th, 2015, 4:24 pm

I'll try and get some pics in the morning puff but she is a "handyman's special" but has a few nice and hard to get bits under the skin.

Wombat1965
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Wombat1965 » January 2nd, 2016, 7:51 am

Our "other car"...a 1982 Celica RA60. Picked it up back at the beginning of 2008, one owner, with only 80,000km on it. A genuine little old lady had owned it, all log books and servicing from new by the Toyota dealership near her. Amazing. All I did was stick a set of Supra mags on it and an Alpine head unit with a hidden iPod dock. Tracked down a period SAAS sports wheel and that was about it. Removed ten kilo's of anti-pollution and air pump crap off the California-spec 21RC engine, and that's about it. The five speed shifts beautifully, the chassis is taught and it handles great, and the factory air con is cold.
It's only needed a bit of maintenance over the years since we bought it, like new diff bearings, unis, and new brakes, but otherwise it's as reliable as a reliable thing.

Then there's the project...a WB ute, fitted with a worked 253, shift kitted auto ten bolt diff, VS Berlina seats, GTS dash, traditional mags, King suspension, HZ taillights instead of those cheap looking original plastic WB taillights...all it really needs is a windscreen and I could register it. Goes like a rocket and sounds awesome through the twin system...

By the way...both of these are on offer at the moment as a package deal to clean swap for a registered Valiant Charger...so if you know anyone, preferably in Queensland.... ;)

Bikes too...can't forget the bikes...

The 1974 Kawasaki H2-750 Mach IV two stroke triple...

The fun little 1964 Vespa 50/N Sport...

And the every day ride, a 2008 Suzuki GSX1400.

stockhorse
Need to get out more

Unread post by stockhorse » January 3rd, 2016, 12:31 am

Nice collection you got going there

Calyx_D21
Been here a while

Unread post by Calyx_D21 » January 3rd, 2016, 12:15 pm

My current toys

2003 BA XR6T

2004 Suzuki DRZ400

stockhorse
Need to get out more

Unread post by stockhorse » January 4th, 2016, 2:53 am

The Suzie looks like it has never seen dirt.

Calyx_D21
Been here a while

Unread post by Calyx_D21 » January 4th, 2016, 4:34 pm

It has, i just keep her clean

Goldylux
Avid Poster

Unread post by Goldylux » January 14th, 2016, 11:48 am

Well the clubsport is no more. Collided with a pole and got written off.
Luckily no-one was injured. Seeing as i built the car for dad before he died
i'm trying to get it back, but by the sounds of it, it will go to auction.
I might put some pictures up at a later date.

Absolutely heartbroken.

Was probably one of the best in the country, destroyed.

My hilux is up for sale too if anyone wants it. My backs to stuffed to push the clutch in.

Return to “Chit Chat - all the stuff that's NOT Fourby or 4WD related!”