Your non 4x4 cars (toys)

For the stuff that's NOT 4WD related, here's where you can come on in and discuss it, but do play nice!
foz_xtc
I'm new, be nice!

Re: Your non 4x4 cars (toys)

Unread post by foz_xtc » November 24th, 2015, 10:00 pm

here's my forester:

Fully built engine and set-up for tarmac hillclimb events :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OA70mysV7s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_dr-NKmKEM

stockhorse
Need to get out more

Unread post by stockhorse » November 25th, 2015, 8:29 pm

Foz what suspension setup are you running? It just looks a bit "odd" in some of the footage. Could always come down to camera angle of course.

rowdyskrooza
Avid Poster

Unread post by rowdyskrooza » November 26th, 2015, 10:54 am

stockhorse wrote:...As I said above ...... SMOOTH.
Thanks mate, and that's pretty much exactly how I feel about it :)
I have plans for the not to distant future to get around another 40kw out of it too so I'll keep you posted. :thumb:
If you think the last 4 words of the national anthem are gentlemen, start your engines, you might be a redneck.

rowdyskrooza
Avid Poster

Unread post by rowdyskrooza » November 26th, 2015, 10:57 am

"foz_xtc

What sorta power are you getting at the wheels?
Are you on coilovers there?
Do they do shockworks coilovers for the Foz's?
Just going through the process of getting shockworks on my lib and I CANNOT wait...should see even better launches and handling out of it.
If you think the last 4 words of the national anthem are gentlemen, start your engines, you might be a redneck.

rowdyskrooza
Avid Poster

Unread post by rowdyskrooza » November 26th, 2015, 11:02 am

Goldylux wrote:...Have you guys ever had g'box probems running more power through them or is it a myth.
It isn't a myth, but basically if you focus on your shifts, let the gearbox 'accept' the change rather than try just smash it in like a Nissan driver :lol: you really won't get much trouble from them. I've given mine a seriously hard time with a few very shabby launches over the time I've had it and it's not missed a beat yet.

foz_xtc
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by foz_xtc » November 26th, 2015, 12:26 pm

Rowdy, it's currently doing 250kW on e85, 230kW on 98. Engine is built for 300kW all day every day but i'll need a bigger snail for that figure.

stockhorse

I was running modded 2012 STi suspension but upgraded to D2 coilovers. Shockworks are great and also worth looking at MCA coilovers for the liberty, the foz can run identical set-up as the lib.

rowdyskrooza
Avid Poster

Unread post by rowdyskrooza » November 26th, 2015, 3:35 pm

Nooiice....
I'm kinda waiting/a little bit hoping my 2L will go pop at some point so I can go the 3.6L out of a tribeca and build/turbo it like Marty's off MCM but with ALOT more power...then it'll basically be the ultimate sleeper...but I may sell the sedan and do that to a wagon yet.

rowdyskrooza
Avid Poster

Unread post by rowdyskrooza » November 26th, 2015, 6:49 pm

Big Dutchy, nice Beamers mate, especially your wife's.
My next car will hopefully be a BMW E60 M5 with the V10 and get it looking something like this...minus the shopping list on the door.
45590380ys-factory-m5-1-jpg.jpg
Or if kids come along and ruin that we will probably turn our attention to a stanced Audi SQ5 like this...
images (2).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BigDutchy
Need to get out more

Unread post by BigDutchy » November 26th, 2015, 7:13 pm

We love our BMW's. My very first car was a BMW 1802. Followed by many others.
That V10.....I just can't look or think about it....
I am just to weak and might buy one. I need one like a toothache but it is fun!
I have owned many cars but never an Audi. Looks OK.

foogill
Need to get out more

Unread post by foogill » December 2nd, 2015, 4:21 pm

Hog.jpg
This is my toy, 2010 Dyna Fatbob, Intake, Cams & Pipes, topped off with an extra comfy seat.

It's sorta like "I can relive my youth & keep my toosh comfy.

Another way is to say it's a mid-life crisis.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

foogill
Need to get out more

Unread post by foogill » December 2nd, 2015, 7:28 pm

Blacky.jpg
Actually looked for this pic for ages, out in the bush with a good mate.

I've got the black Hog & a black Triton, mate has a maroon glugger & a maroon 80 series, he has no wife, mine tells me off lots when we're together.

We spend a fair bit of time together, wife tells me off a fair bit.

Goldylux
Avid Poster

Unread post by Goldylux » December 2nd, 2015, 9:22 pm

Bought this last week,grandad spec. Needs some mechanical love then some boost I think.
Not changing how it looks at all. Probably wont even lower it. Drives lovely compared to the clubby
and has every extra thinkable.

Did buy it for a daily because the clubby's pretty rare, then found out they only made 350 of these.lol

Calais international with the ls1.

Brisbane Puff
Been here a while

Unread post by Brisbane Puff » December 2nd, 2015, 10:44 pm

Didn't know we were doing bikes as well.. So here's mine.. VN1600 with ported Mean Streak heads, cams and throttle bodies. One of my cold air induction kits with Techlusion computer. Formula 1 pipes.. Around 90 horse power..
P3230067_resize.JPG
Puff

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » December 3rd, 2015, 10:10 am

OK Puff, nice bike, but I need more info (& pics please) of the trailer!! :ooh:

And just as an aside, what exactly is all that which you have on the trailer in the pic above? :confused:
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Brisbane Puff
Been here a while

Unread post by Brisbane Puff » December 3rd, 2015, 4:22 pm

Thanks Peter... Built the trailer in a mates fabrication shop in 05.... The idea was for a strong unit that would track straight at speeds up to 140, but be as light as possible.. To be weather proof and to carry enough for two of us on long distance touring..
The frame work was made from thin wall high tensile steel tubing.
Pic001_resize.JPG
I had Alko make me a torsion bar axle to suit the required size. This was attached to the base frame..
Pic002_resize.JPG
Then a copy of the bottom perimeter frame was added to the top with 3mm plate between as gussets between top and bottom. Cross sections were added top and bottom. There was an extra cross section made so as to create a space for two 10 litre jerry cans between the front A frame area and the rear of the trailer. This extra section is removable by sliding up so then there is just the large rear area divided front the front area by one cross section.
I had a sheet of expanded mesh rolled flat and this was used as a floor and the side walls. Then the whole thing was completely mig welded.
Pic003_resize.JPG
Pic004_resize.JPG
Then powder coated..
The two kegs were acquired ant the top and bottom collars removed then sent to a metal polisher, (that was expensive), then the collars were tigged back on. The hatches were cut out and I used aircraft hinges and catches with a nitrile extrusion to make a water proof seal. The kegs were lined and sprayed with a two pack clear.. Both kegs sit on a removable frame so they can be left off if needed, (the trailer is wired for a 12 volt fridge in place of the kegs).
Pic005_resize.JPG
NEXT POST
Puff

Return to “Chit Chat - all the stuff that's NOT Fourby or 4WD related!”