Your non 4x4 cars (toys)

For the stuff that's NOT 4WD related, here's where you can come on in and discuss it, but do play nice!
stockhorse
Need to get out more

Your non 4x4 cars (toys)

Unread post by stockhorse » November 12th, 2015, 9:28 am

Thought we may have some here interested in cars other than 4x4's. We have had thread that showed the classic holdens fords etc but what about performance cars?

I'll start with one to get the conversation going.

My 12 year old sons Kharnacross and burnout car.

nilla60

Re: Your non 4x4 cars (toys)

Unread post by nilla60 » November 12th, 2015, 8:52 pm

Our local pizza joint had Gemini fake police cars for deliveries. They have upgraded to Commodores though. :)

Brisbane Puff
Been here a while

Unread post by Brisbane Puff » November 13th, 2015, 1:58 am

Ok, here's one. Although not mine, had the pleasure of being part of the building...
Was an interesting challenge.. 460 big block with C6 transmission. 5 link rear suspension with coil overs. Used a Mustang 2 front cross member, but in reverse so as the steering rack was located at the front. I built a collapsible steering column with parts from Mustang 2 and XW Falcon so as to keep the original steering wheel. The hardest part of the project was that the engine mounts had to be an integral part of the cross member and at the same time serve as gusseting between the cross member and the chassis. Therefore the whole thing had to be a fully welded assembly with the steering shaft passing through the cross member to connect to the steering column. Nearly all Ford parts, but I used a HX holden ute seat and a VN Commodore hand brake assembly. The assembly fitted nicely beside the seat..
Truck was very light on the rear end, if you didn't watch it, you needed two lanes to take off from the lights.. :lol:
IMG_7460a_resize.jpg
IMG_7443_resize.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Puff

stockhorse
Need to get out more

Unread post by stockhorse » November 13th, 2015, 8:00 am

Along those lines I thought you might like this one. The Mrs has just finished cutting out all the rust and replacing it with steel.
From memory I think she said it has an injected 350 in it with a 2speed powerglide.

Brisbane Puff
Been here a while

Unread post by Brisbane Puff » November 13th, 2015, 12:37 pm

Very nice and straight... Chev or GMC ???
Puff

stockhorse
Need to get out more

Unread post by stockhorse » November 13th, 2015, 2:38 pm

Chev but I can't remember what year she said it is.

Brisbane Puff
Been here a while

Unread post by Brisbane Puff » November 13th, 2015, 3:48 pm

If it's the right grill, then 1955.. But could be from 55 to 58..

Here's something that might interest you and your boy.
Fitted with a 1J .. ADR'd, complied and registered... Complete with new firewall and all the necessary goodies.
IMG_6197_resize.JPG
P1010141_resize.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Puff

stockhorse
Need to get out more

Unread post by stockhorse » November 13th, 2015, 4:06 pm

Very nice especially the single turbo conversion.

My son is now eyeing off the motor in his mums car.

I have told him he has no chance :)

Brisbane Puff
Been here a while

Unread post by Brisbane Puff » November 13th, 2015, 8:47 pm

Maybe this is a better shot....
IMG_6128_resize.JPG
Let me know if you are in the market for a complete 1J and transmission.. Or maybe the whole car...
Puff

Brisbane Puff
Been here a while

Unread post by Brisbane Puff » November 14th, 2015, 2:55 pm

Was sorta waiting for someone to put something else up... But here goes...

This MY sorta vehicle.. 1967, 383 stroker, high stall with stage 4 Power Glide, Positrac rear end.. All been rebuilt as new over a period of time. As some may pick it up, had to fit a Holden Torana wiper motor to clear the left bank tappet cover, as you can see in the photo, the original is almost touching the top of the cover, whereas the Torana wiper assy is 90 degrees and parallel to the fire wall.. Bit of mucking around, but works better then original AND has self parking wipers..Otherwise, a SS straight out of factory.. (well, apart from the obvious :pinkgrin: ) Only thing that doesn't work as new is the bl**dy headlight doors.. Got to find new planetary drive motors..

TRUE STORY... When Chevrolet held the press conference for the release of the Camaro, one of the press asked as to what was a Camaro. The Chevrolet spokesman said that it was a "small, wild and vicious animal that ate Mustangs".. :lol: :lol: :lol:
IMG_2101.jpg
IMG_2102.jpg
IMG_2103.JPG
IMG_2104.JPG
Over to someone else now...
Puff

Goldylux
Avid Poster

Unread post by Goldylux » November 16th, 2015, 9:43 pm

My mate had a 67 Camaro convertible in red,done up to look like an rs.
Arguably one of the best looking muscle cars made imo. His had a 350 chev and
turbo 400.

He also had a 65 stang convertible in white with the little 289 in it.

I'll get some photos of the clubby tomorrow and throw them up. I took two
of the wheels into the tire shop on the weekend and the kid must have dropped them onto
the front and has damaged both wheels. Not happy.

Brisbane Puff
Been here a while

Unread post by Brisbane Puff » November 16th, 2015, 11:58 pm

Or did they damage them on the tyre changer??
Puff

stockhorse
Need to get out more

Unread post by stockhorse » November 17th, 2015, 3:48 am

That is one nice car puff.

Goldy, I make sure the manager sees my rims when I take them in and I get an agreement, any damage means they replace the rims with new ones. You would be surprised how many managers do my tyres themselves lol

Mrs got a new toy on the weekend,a 2000 WRX ( not the bug eye....the last of the gc8's). It has some motor issues so that might keep me busy for a little while.:rolleyes:

Goldylux
Avid Poster

Unread post by Goldylux » November 19th, 2015, 7:18 pm

I'm just going to wear it as far as the wheels go. Went there today and
the guy said it was rubber, for the most part it was. They lay the wheels on rubber mats.
There's still a few chips and scuffs in the mags but the guy was very apologetic
and whatever. Things happen.

On another note I felt well enough to take the car to the drags last night. Borrowed a helmet
off a neighbour and had two runs. First was a 13.022 and the second was a 12.959.
Not bad for a daily with no highstall or diff gears.

The second run was done on a damp track, it actually started raining when I was in the
burnout part approaching the podium. I was pretty scared to hammer the car on the track
after some rain but it hooked up and got a descent time. I got told to turn my car off
and wait for the rain. Being as nervous as I was, I forgot the traction control resets
when the ignition's off and tried to do a burnout in front of spectators with the T/C on. :D

After the run (on the way back up the side of the track) I watched a black vy ute
spin out at about 100kmh at a guess. The car spun and spun and smashed in the
front and back of his ute, badly. Hope he's ok. He was well towards the end of his
run and kissed both walls hard, nearly rolled. That's when I got my second slip
and decided to go home.

Here's my baby

stockhorse
Need to get out more

Unread post by stockhorse » November 19th, 2015, 9:38 pm

Nice and straight, I have never been sure about the wing shape on them though.

P.S. love the bathtub toy in the background.

Return to “Chit Chat - all the stuff that's NOT Fourby or 4WD related!”