How do I listen to a podcast

For the stuff that's NOT 4WD related, here's where you can come on in and discuss it, but do play nice!
Heisenberg
Been here a while

How do I listen to a podcast

Unread post by Heisenberg » September 8th, 2015, 12:20 am

How do I download a podcast and put in on something that I can listen to in my car?

Small words please....

I have an iphone 5s if that helps

nilla60

Re: How do I listen to a podcast

Unread post by nilla60 » September 8th, 2015, 8:40 pm

I was using iTunes to subscribe to podcasts and then sync the podcasts to my iPod (so they got loaded/updated each time I plugged the iPod into my laptop). Maybe you can use the iPhone the same way.

Otherwise you should be able to subscribe to the podcast on your iPhone, hopefully there is an option in the music player to keep podcasts for later listening (out of mobile phone range).

Like this: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201859

Get a little FM transmitter that plugs into your phone and pretends to be you own radio station.

StumpyB
Here and there

Unread post by StumpyB » September 12th, 2015, 2:47 pm

Yep easy as. On your Iphone there'll be an app, one of the factory inbuilt ones simply called Podcast.
You can search for podcasts or browse through the featured shows.
Once you find a Podcast you like you can either listen to it right then and there. Or you can select to download it to listen to it in the furture.

vk1dx
Part of the furniture

Unread post by vk1dx » September 14th, 2015, 8:03 am

We have a walkman that has around thgree days of music on it. We listen to it by plugging it into the USB port on our stereo in the car. The files have simply been copied from records, tapes and CDs. No smart mobile phones, ipads etc. Just a home PC and a laptop.

How can I get some of this podcast music onto it as well?

Phil

StumpyB
Here and there

Unread post by StumpyB » September 19th, 2015, 1:43 am

You should be able to download them as Mp4s on the laptop. Then put them on your walkman like your other music. I know you can listen to them via Itunes but not sure if you can export them to a media device other than a apple product.
But I quick google round the place, you should be able to find somewhere to download them.

gqjay
Part of the furniture

Unread post by gqjay » September 21st, 2015, 12:21 pm

Soundcloud app

Apple podcast app...
4x4 Earth forum are now doing a podcast. Doing a really good job as well

Return to “Chit Chat - all the stuff that's NOT Fourby or 4WD related!”