Meat raffles

For the stuff that's NOT 4WD related, here's where you can come on in and discuss it, but do play nice!
nilla60

Meat raffles

Unread post by nilla60 » July 10th, 2015, 11:15 pm

Bloody typical. We do OK on the meat raffles at the local, but of course we clean up the night before we go away for a week. Instead of packing I am running the cryovac machine overtime, purging stuff from the freezers and handing out steak and snags to the neighbors. Might be driving through a blizzard tomorrow, could just leave them on the roof rack 'spose...

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: Meat raffles

Unread post by Peter Aawen » July 10th, 2015, 11:25 pm

Might be too late now, but if we win on the meat raffle we usually just say "Barbie at our place tonight, BYO booze, here's the steak & snags"..... then step back to avoid the stampede!!! But it does mean we get to clean up after the BBQ the next morning, before we can hit the tracks (I guess that's one good thing about never having hang-overs.... :gurn: no trauma cleaning up early - but I do miss having the odd cleansing ale! :( )
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

BigDutchy
Need to get out more

Unread post by BigDutchy » July 11th, 2015, 11:04 am

Different meat raffle story here......

I will just give a quick shorted version of this story....

Hey Renee (that's me, I know girls name but I am a boy....it's a Dutch thing you would not understand ;-) )
So, hey Renee coming to the pub. We're at the gate...2 second later in the car....10 later in the pub.....
Ships for got my wallet. Mate has a big wallet so I drink his money!!
Meat raffle is about to start and I am pretending to look for money in my pocket. This gave me some more time to
have a good look at the young girl in bikini selling the rafles.....Well....I did have $5 in my pocket. Must have survived the washing...
Show my mates my new found richness and buy a raffle.....My $5 raffle wins the biggest meat tray that can be won that day!!
A month of meat for $5!!!

Winning!!

foogill
Need to get out more

Unread post by foogill » July 11th, 2015, 8:37 pm

I work with a Rene, he's of German, must be a European thing.

Stagger home with a meat tray, the little lady is still angry, snags for breakfast and steak for tea.

AGU
Been here a while

Unread post by AGU » July 24th, 2015, 8:53 pm

Wish those meat trays were around when I won a carton of stubbies a few years back, needed a steak or snag to wash the beers down with.

Return to “Chit Chat - all the stuff that's NOT Fourby or 4WD related!”