Mountain biking

For the stuff that's NOT 4WD related, here's where you can come on in and discuss it, but do play nice!
BigDutchy
Need to get out more

Re: Mountain biking

Unread post by BigDutchy » June 21st, 2015, 12:55 pm

My spare bike is an old Giant. Similar age as yours. Old now but still a top bike that I ride with pleasure.

Cheers

monkeybucket
Part of the furniture

Unread post by monkeybucket » June 22nd, 2015, 10:10 pm

CHRISMAV... that's one very cool bike. I had an old GT triple triangle hard tail a while back...Sold it to a friend...was an excellent specimen. I miss it.
Cheers
Chris.

Off road when I'm good...in the shed when I'm naughty.

South West All Terrain ... www.swat4x4.com

CHRISMAV
Part of the furniture

Unread post by CHRISMAV » June 22nd, 2015, 11:26 pm

monkeybucket wrote:CHRISMAV... that's one very cool bike. I had an old GT triple triangle hard tail a while back...Sold it to a friend...was an excellent specimen. I miss it.
Cheers mate, it will be a sad day when she is finally retired.
I remember the GT's of the same era, were great bikes. Think my mongoose was the last good bike they did before being sold off and the brand became walmart quality cheapies.

Must say it has been difficult trying to replace it. Its very light (for an 18yo alloy bike lol) with an aggressive geometry so I'm having to look at the race end of alloy hard tails. In this day and age not many around, most seem to be carbon which I'm not real interested in.

I've got it down to between a Scott scale and the Giant xtc, both in 27.5 wheel size. See what happens over the next two months. ;)
92 Maverick - Gone but not forgotten.... [url]http://www.4wdmonthly.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=50425[/

phunkshun
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by phunkshun » July 17th, 2015, 5:12 pm

I'm into MTB a bit, I've got 7 in different states of build. Do have 4 favorites though, I have a Giant STP1, Giant AC2, GT Avalanch 2.0 and a 2005 Cove Peeler and they are all 26ers and at least 5years old.

Just gotta build the GT back up so I can hit the Smithfield tracks here in Cairns :D
If in doubt grab 2nd

CHRISMAV
Part of the furniture

Unread post by CHRISMAV » July 22nd, 2015, 3:29 pm

Well after having my hart set on a 27.5inch bike I test road a few and decided a 29er would be best for me.
Picked her up, now just waiting for its first ride tomorrow :)
For such a big bike its weight is almost identical to my little old goose and the riding position very similar. Looking forward to see the difference.

The poor old Mongoose will now be backup.

92 Maverick - Gone but not forgotten.... [url]http://www.4wdmonthly.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=50425[/

Return to “Chit Chat - all the stuff that's NOT Fourby or 4WD related!”