What do you guys think about this

For the stuff that's NOT 4WD related, here's where you can come on in and discuss it, but do play nice!
Goldylux
Avid Poster

What do you guys think about this

Unread post by Goldylux » April 22nd, 2015, 12:58 pm

The missus took monday off to spend with her grandmother for her 80th birthday
and had pre arranged this at work weeks in advance. This is the message she got from
the recruitment agency tuesday arvo-
I read it and thought it was very unprofessional. This mob got me my job so i put my missus onto them
when she was out of work. I have gotten them several good employees that have made their company
look good and earnt them money too.

I rang the bloke and apperantly this is an automated message and there are tons of people
waiting for jobs. Way to run a buiseness. He didnt think it was innapropriate at all. Actually
got in a bit of a tuff about it too.

I'm keen to hear what you guys think of this.

Jimmy Wood
Avid Poster

Re: What do you guys think about this

Unread post by Jimmy Wood » April 22nd, 2015, 1:11 pm

I guess if she had prearranged it with the agency, then it should not be a problem. I suspect it is just an automated message and not meant in a bad way.

If I were her though, and she was pretty confident in her position, I would show that message to her boss and say that she pre arranged it with them, so why the message? Say that if they had a problem, why grant the permission for her to take the day off in the first place. Do it in a friendly manner, with the intention of just clearing the air, not making a fuss.

At the end of the day however, I would not take it to heart. Plenty of bosses are knobs and you just have to have a thick skin.

chris_stoffa
Need to get out more
Location: Wandering in the Wilderness of the Western Burbs of Melbourne., VIC

Unread post by chris_stoffa » April 22nd, 2015, 1:25 pm

I take it your missus is employed by the agency and is doing temp work at a workplace placement. Not working direct for that workplace.

And that she has organised with the workplace to take the day off but hasn't told the agency who have been asked to provide a replacement for her by the workplace which would trigger their sending the message.

And / Or she is within her 3 months probation with the workplace and that the agency is protecting its investment as they may not get full payment unless the employee stays 3month+

If that is the case then I would suggest that there is nothing legally wrong with it.

The wording and the Customer Service to back it may leave something to be desired but other than that I reckon its just a company streamlining its methodology, using technology, in dealing with the problem of workplace absence.

I used to assign and offer overtime to dozens of staff via sms, allocate it to the first to reply me and inform the others that it had been taken - quick , short sharp and effective. And the relevant union approved the process.
03 Bravo 2.5TD DCab

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Unread post by the-viking » April 23rd, 2015, 11:53 am

Doesn't matter what the circumstances are with any of the employees. That is one unprofessional, immature, intimidating generic message. Id be very wary of a company that would think this to be ok. There's a million other ways to word this…..

Goldylux
Avid Poster

Unread post by Goldylux » April 23rd, 2015, 12:19 pm

the-viking wrote:Doesn't matter what the circumstances are with any of the employees. That is one unprofessional, immature, intimidating generic message. Id be very wary of a company that would think this to be ok. There's a million other ways to word this…..
My thoughts exactly. ;)

I would not have expected a text message like this from a buiseness.

V Williamson
Part of the furniture

Unread post by V Williamson » April 23rd, 2015, 4:18 pm

Are you sure it isn't a gee-up from other than the company you might think it is from?

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Unread post by the-viking » April 23rd, 2015, 5:07 pm

It's not that there's a generic text in place, it's about the wording of it, full stop. Have a text to make your point but not in the way this has been done.

chris_stoffa
Need to get out more

Unread post by chris_stoffa » April 23rd, 2015, 5:22 pm

the-viking wrote:It's not that there's a generic text in place, it's about the wording of it, full stop. Have a text to make your point but not in the way this has been done.
Maybe

Dear XXXXX, could you please contact XXXXX on XXXX XXX XXX, we are concerned that your absence from work today may jeopardize your position that we worked so hard with you to obtain. Regards XXXXXX
03 Bravo 2.5TD DCab

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Unread post by the-viking » April 23rd, 2015, 7:00 pm

chris_stoffa wrote:
the-viking wrote:It's not that there's a generic text in place, it's about the wording of it, full stop. Have a text to make your point but not in the way this has been done.
Maybe

Dear XXXXX, could you please contact XXXXX on XXXX XXX XXX, we are concerned that your absence from work today may jeopardize your position that we worked so hard with you to obtain. Regards XXXXXX
lol.... It's at least better than theirs.

chris_stoffa
Need to get out more

Unread post by chris_stoffa » April 23rd, 2015, 7:25 pm

At least it wasn't "Oi, You, Get back to work " :lol:
03 Bravo 2.5TD DCab

gunk
Avid Poster

Unread post by gunk » April 24th, 2015, 11:04 am

Sounds like they are worried they will miss out on their $$$$ for finding you a job.

Did they even find it for your or did you find it yourself?

Goldylux
Avid Poster

Unread post by Goldylux » April 24th, 2015, 2:05 pm

V Williamson, i thought it was a wind up too,maybe from someone at the mrs work
but it wasn't. I actually spoke to the co-owner of the recruitment agency and he
defended the txt.

He said " do you not understand how many people i have looking for jobs?"

I Said " do you not understand the message was unproffesional?"

Then after him talking over me for the rest of the conversation i knew i may as
well be banging my head against a wall and left it.

They get $5/hr from the people they get jobs for ontop of whatever other kickbacks.
I guess as soon as you sign a contract they can treat you how they like.

Unfortunatly for this mob they deal with large mining and commercial companies.
I have many contacts a lot of which are in HR positions with these places. His little
txt message and argument on the phone may well have cost him a lot of money.
Swings and roundabouts as they say. :lol:

They got my missus the job and if it wasnt for her needing that job i would have enjoyed
arguing with him on the phone a bit more,but anyway.

Aaron Schubert
Need to get out more

Unread post by Aaron Schubert » April 24th, 2015, 7:09 pm

Yeah, not very professional. Poor grammar, and implying what they did is a bit of a laugh.

I think recruitment agencies in general are a rort!

Aaron
Looking for somewhere to go 4WDing in WA? Check out WA 4WD Tracks

My 80 Series Landcruiser

gunk
Avid Poster

Unread post by gunk » April 25th, 2015, 1:07 pm

If they manager has defended it and you can't take it any further, it's time to name and shame a company that as far as we can tell from the story we've been told, is very much in the old school of thinking that your'e only alive to work, not to enjoy yourself or spend time with family.

Return to “Chit Chat - all the stuff that's NOT Fourby or 4WD related!”