Movie Reviews

For the stuff that's NOT 4WD related, here's where you can come on in and discuss it, but do play nice!
Chuck Steak
Been here a while

Re: Movie Reviews

Unread post by Chuck Steak » December 31st, 2014, 6:14 pm

I'm looking forward to "The Imitation Game" - by all accounts it's pretty good. The story is certainly one that is worth the telling

chris_stoffa
Need to get out more
Location: Wandering in the Wilderness of the Western Burbs of Melbourne., VIC

Unread post by chris_stoffa » December 31st, 2014, 6:30 pm

The man was a full blown certified genuine bona fide ********* genius who just happened to be a gay who was persecuted to suicide by the same government and nation that he did so much to assist.

Should be interesting to see how its handled.
03 Bravo 2.5TD DCab

TLC60S
Part of the furniture

Unread post by TLC60S » January 1st, 2015, 3:25 pm

Just watched the movie TRACKS on DVD while camping last weekend cause it rained all weekend.
It's based on the true story of Robyn Davidson's 2700km solo trek across the remote Australian desert to the Indian Ocean with camels & her dog. I wont tell you how it goes so not to spoil the movie but It is well worth watching made even better cause not long ago on the ABC had the story of Robert Bogucki story when he got lost in the WA desert.

Cheers TLC60S

foogill
Need to get out more

Unread post by foogill » January 1st, 2015, 7:41 pm

Watched Argo the other night, pretty good yarn that brings a bit of the original footage of the Iranian revolution into the whole show. I enjoyed it because it's probably one of the first big "world" events I clearly remember, as well as a good story.

Wait until you watch it before you Google "Argo historical inaccuracies", still a good yarn.

Also watched Lincoln Lawyer, serves me right for buying a pirated off the street in some Asian street market, the sound was no good, will have to buy another copy.

Return to “Chit Chat - all the stuff that's NOT Fourby or 4WD related!”