This seems to be just an Office Hours Forum atm!?

For the stuff that's NOT 4WD related, here's where you can come on in and discuss it, but do play nice!
whizzo
Need to get out more

Re: This seems to be just an Office Hours Forum atm!?

Unread post by whizzo » December 28th, 2013, 10:43 am

Yeh just spent some time writing a post to a subject...punched submit..and it all went away...poof gone.

Oh why bother..what a pointless piece of $@#&T this forum is.

cheers

Goldylux
Avid Poster

Unread post by Goldylux » December 28th, 2013, 10:11 pm

I'm guessing the forum just came on line for everyone else too?
Oh what a feeling. Error 504 day long.

gunk
Avid Poster

Unread post by gunk » December 28th, 2013, 11:53 pm

504? I got 502.

Hey it's getting better, last time it was all weekend, this time it was just under half the weekend. If they can keep up that rate of improvement it will reach 99.99% up time in a matter of months. If they then install the fluxcap mod for phpBB they might even reach 100% up time with no spam.

Goldylux
Avid Poster

Unread post by Goldylux » December 29th, 2013, 12:45 am

I can't even remember what bad gateway it was.

Rapidly losing interest in

4wd Hobbit
Been here a while

Unread post by 4wd Hobbit » December 30th, 2013, 12:19 am

This forum just sucks reliability wise - we have heard all the excuses time and time again - just fix it. None of my other forums have the reliability issues this forum has and many of them do not have a quarter of the resources.

Just fixit.

rolly82

Unread post by rolly82 » December 30th, 2013, 12:54 am

firstly,i do not know the reason why the forum is having problems....i'm having just as many dramas
as the next person on here,and just like everyone else i dont like it.
is everyone having trouble with the forum? yes,even admin,mods & staff. we are not inmune from the dramas.
is there going to be a fix anytime soon? truthfully? i'm not sure,i think i'd be thinking wishfully if i was to say yes,
but i think the answer would be closer to no,well....anytime soon.

i have been on here since '09 and it has been fantastic,i have learnt so much and have made great mates along
the way,am i going to just abandon it and just walk away? no,and i hope everyone else sticks around and pushes
through this problem,which is what it is...a problem....problems can be fixed,it just takes time and patince.
as soon as i know anymore info,either myself or another member of the mod team will fill everyone on the details.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » December 30th, 2013, 11:49 am

It certainly is driving everyone nuts - including the blokes trying to fix it! And there's not much else they can do apart from keep trying.

Personally, I suspect that the problems we are experiencing are a hangover from earlier days when various IT mobs modified other packages for EMG/A4WDA to do the stuff they specifically wanted to be able to do, and now we are left with a bit of a mish-mash of a platform that no-one really knows well enough to be able to identify exactly what is causing these problems. And to make it worse, it's not even clear that it'd be possible to transfer to any other platform and not take all the problems along too!! But that is being looked at!

However, the Mod/Admin Team here have done their damnedest to keep it all working as best we can; the IT blokes at EMG have been working their bits off trying to sort it all and are still doing so, but every time they think they've got one thing sorted, another one pops up, often worse; and the Mag/EMG staff know it's a problem, have the same hassles as the rest of us, and would love to do something about it; they have proposed all sorts of solutions, but just like everyone else, they don't have the final say in what happens and so far, they have been unable to come up with an 'acceptable solution'.

So it really isn't helping telling US to 'just fix it', cos we can't! But thanks for being so understanding. ;)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

chris_stoffa
Need to get out more
Location: Wandering in the Wilderness of the Western Burbs of Melbourne., VIC

Unread post by chris_stoffa » December 30th, 2013, 12:55 pm

chris_stoffa wrote:Ive finally worked it out!

this is an office hours forum, ;) it came back on line at 8.34am as someone came in started the pc and then went off to get their morning coffee and donut.

I be watching to see what happens at 5.30 this arvo :lol:
You know I only started this thread as "very much a tongue in cheek" comment and look what happened :o

Honestly,I didn't mean to start anything by it ........... really I didn't :purplex: :lol:
03 Bravo 2.5TD DCab

gudef
Been here a while

Unread post by gudef » December 30th, 2013, 1:40 pm

Peter Aawen

That is a very diplomatic reply Peter and I would expect nothing less from you. However, whether you actually believe that or not I don't know. But it doesn't take too much effort to see that it is only this site with these problems. Most if not all other sites fix these problems pronto. At least the many I visit anyway. I am happy to accept that the Mods do their best but you must be limited in what you can do. It seems that the Bean Counters are dictating what will or will not happen or the IT dept are out of their depth. If it is neither of these then it must be the service provider or software. If that is the case then the answer is simple. Get rid of the offender and replace with something or someone that actually works.

Pretty much every other website in cyberworld can do it so what is the problem here?

pickle
Admin

Unread post by pickle » December 30th, 2013, 6:16 pm

chris_stoffa wrote:
You know I only started this thread as "very much a tongue in cheek" comment and look what happened :o

Honestly,I didn't mean to start anything by it ........... really I didn't :purplex: :lol:
But we will blame you anyway......... :lol:

Just kidding mate :thumb:
Dave
2001 Challenger with bits and peices of goodness.
And of course 'Pajeropoint' for the Mitsu fans.
http://www.facebook.com/groups/306179409472332/

chris_stoffa
Need to get out more
Location: Wandering in the Wilderness of the Western Burbs of Melbourne., VIC

Unread post by chris_stoffa » December 30th, 2013, 6:26 pm

I knew that would happen ............................

Ritual seppuku seems the only way to deal with it, so ............. I'll knock the top off a stubbie to attone for it :thumb:
03 Bravo 2.5TD DCab

Goldylux
Avid Poster

Unread post by Goldylux » December 30th, 2013, 9:07 pm

Do all of these ads really need to be here? Honestly.

I think having the forum growing and new people coming in would do more
good for the whole thing than having annoyed people leaving so the ads can stay.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » December 31st, 2013, 8:39 am

This is going around in circles, and I think what I've said in the last post here: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=149556 just about covers it for now. That may change later, but for now, both the thread and then Subject are closed!
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Return to “Chit Chat - all the stuff that's NOT Fourby or 4WD related!”