My other hobby.

For the stuff that's NOT 4WD related, here's where you can come on in and discuss it, but do play nice!
LilMissRuffit
Avid Poster

Re: My other hobby.

Unread post by LilMissRuffit » July 19th, 2013, 2:41 pm

( nao )..you sound like a very physical individual..enjoying lots of activities of various sorts.
You must be extremely fit !.
Does your missus keep up ?
Who's gonna introduce me to all those hidden, natural wonders ?..... 'my trusty 4WD'.

nao
Avid Poster

Unread post by nao » July 19th, 2013, 10:22 pm

miss..

my abs are now flabs,
ive swapped water for beer
but worst of all
my get up n go
got up n went

... seriously tho, I look back after reading what you wrote and I'd have to say (surprisingly to myself !!) yes i have been a fairly active person..17 - 23 caving/climbing, 18 - 49 karate/aikido, 18 - 30 dirt bikes; im 52 now and havent done much physical stuff (so to speak) in the last 3 years hence i guess why I'm itching to pull a few mono's on a bike..

as for mrs nao... opposites attract - she breaks a sweat getting out of bed :lol: :lol: :lol:
must say tho, she does love to travel - tent to 5 star and she has a smile on her dial..few years time she'll be happy cruising the countryside with this grey haired nomad

daddyoskustomgarage
Here and there

Unread post by daddyoskustomgarage » July 19th, 2013, 10:52 pm

Wow lilmissruffit
You are a very talented artist indeed ,i too draw but mostly tattoo flash for myself ,it's more apocalyptic, lowbrow and cartoon style portraits ,pin ups and such, i couldn't draw a real life to save myself . other than my love of offroading i mountainbike cross country /downhill ,race endurocross, cross train with observed trials , collect 40s 50s era furniture, memorabilia play double bass in a rockabilly/punk band and restore old Volkswagens ,vintage cars which is also my job

BigDutchy
Need to get out more

Unread post by BigDutchy » July 20th, 2013, 8:36 am

These are our hobbies.

The 4WD. Its our escape machine. The tent is always on the top. The drawers in the back are always filled. We even have some clothing and food permanently stored in the car.

The Jetskis. My wife has the red one and I have a blue one. I just took it of the trailer on this photo.

And my "favorite waste of time" is the girl behind the wheel!! For 25 years next Monday!!

This whole set up gives us great joy!! Its not all new and not the flashiest gear but as soon as we jump in the car
a good day will happen!!

Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

LilMissRuffit
Avid Poster

Unread post by LilMissRuffit » July 20th, 2013, 9:47 am

Seems you've got it made BigDutchy.....25 years congratulations....what's your secret ?
Who's gonna introduce me to all those hidden, natural wonders ?..... 'my trusty 4WD'.

BigDutchy
Need to get out more

Unread post by BigDutchy » July 20th, 2013, 1:11 pm

No secret here...you are allowed to know....we are connected at the heart not the hip. We have room to do our own thing and love to hang out together.
......and I tell my wife every morning how lucky she is with a bloke like me... :lol:
We don't take things to seriously and we like to laugh with each other and about each other....

LilMissRuffit
Avid Poster

Unread post by LilMissRuffit » July 20th, 2013, 1:33 pm

Now that brings a tear to my eye...that's what I want... :rolleyes:

nao
Avid Poster

Unread post by nao » July 20th, 2013, 11:24 pm

ha ha dutchy, i tell my good mrs the same thing :rolleyes:

mr right is out there looking for you miss :)

bussoboy
Here and there

Unread post by bussoboy » July 21st, 2013, 12:21 am

yup so true

took me 2 goes, but i found my best friend/lover finally

can't imagine doing anything without her, nothing seems worth doing unless i have the better 1/2 with me

BigDutchy
Need to get out more

Unread post by BigDutchy » October 27th, 2013, 10:56 am

I have been playing around with this little Honda Accord.

It's a 1981 Honda Accord Automatic. It has done 105.000 km and I am the second registered owner. It did about 2000 km between 2010 and 2013. Nan and Pop did not use the car much at all.....
It goes really well and is cheap as chips to run.
After I bought her I replaced the tyres, CV boots, brakes, bushes, belts, flushed all fluids and had one site of the car repainted as there were a fair few shopping trolley dents.
I really like this little car. It goes so well and is as stock as it left the showroom 32 years ago. It even has the original spare.

Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BigDutchy
Need to get out more

Unread post by BigDutchy » October 27th, 2013, 10:58 am

Everything opens and shuts....

LilMissRuffit
Avid Poster

Unread post by LilMissRuffit » October 27th, 2013, 4:29 pm

Wow !,...love it...very neat...and I love that champagne colour too..hehe..cheers :drink:

plumb
Part of the furniture

Unread post by plumb » November 27th, 2013, 8:06 am

BigDutchy wrote:No secret here...you are allowed to know....we are connected at the heart not the hip. We have room to do our own thing and love to hang out together.
......and I tell my wife every morning how lucky she is with a bloke like me... :lol:
We don't take things to seriously and we like to laugh with each other and about each other....
Haha Dutchy .I tell my wife of nearly 23 yrs that I'm the best thing that has ever happened to her :lol: :rolleyes:

Goldylux
Avid Poster

Unread post by Goldylux » November 27th, 2013, 9:11 am

My other hobby is RC rock crawlers.Scale looking ones.Heres a couple of photo's
of my pajero.It came in a kit but has been quite modified.Made a trailer for
it,towbal,lifted,locked diffs,roof rack and lights.Even made scale camping gear for it.

HDJ78R
Need to get out more

Unread post by HDJ78R » November 27th, 2013, 10:42 am

Looks great Goldy, I thought it was a real Paj glancing over the first pick.
No-one gets left behind.

[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a389/oncedisturbed/21071285431am_a6cbf.png[/img]

Return to “Chit Chat - all the stuff that's NOT Fourby or 4WD related!”