Ebay rules hassles

For the stuff that's NOT 4WD related, here's where you can come on in and discuss it, but do play nice!
TuffTD42
Here and there

Re: Ebay rules hassles

Unread post by TuffTD42 » September 11th, 2011, 5:45 pm

Boycott ebay altogether. try aussie traders (it's free) or oztion.

I had Paypal try to rip me off. Took a few months & hell to get the money out of em. I put in my adds that payment by bank or cash on pickup only. Some chick from ebay emailed me saying that my add had been canceled. Had to list PayPal as an option & in future I could type Preferred payment by bank deposit or cash in person.

That was a while ago. I now just put Payment by bank deposit or cash on pick up in the description. You still have to list PayPal as an option.

I have closed my PayPal account so when someone try's to pay through PayPal it gets rejected. I email the buyer saying that I don't have an active PayPal account & most just pay by bank deposit. Some get all tied up in nots & jump up & down so I just cancel the auction & relist it.

PayPal is just a way that ebay gets to sting you twice.

4.2GUst

Unread post by 4.2GUst » September 11th, 2011, 5:55 pm

PDIDDY wrote:We recently sold some items on ebay, and got the same problem with having to use paypal. Made it very clear in the ad that paypal would not be accepted, even though they forced us to cop it. Never had a problem.
you can do a paypal refund and let the seller know the reason
i do it at work if we have it clearly stating pay pal is not our prefered option we rather bank deposit so if some one dosnt read the listing it gets credited and then the buyer is told why !

taslucas
Here and there

Unread post by taslucas » September 11th, 2011, 6:22 pm

Gumtree is another good place to buy and sell. Free to advertise.
Paypal is good for purchasing.

croozy
Need to get out more

Unread post by croozy » September 11th, 2011, 9:05 pm

I stopped selling stuff on ebay ages ago because of their fees & their attitude.
In my local area there has been some facebook sites started up for selling & I've been using them with great success. Everything is cash on pickup & there is nos fees. Might not be every ones cup of tea but I haven't had a problem yet.
I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory.

HAVE A GANDA AT MY SHED
http://www.4wdaction.com.au/gallery/21984-crikey

bozo21
Part of the furniture

Unread post by bozo21 » September 11th, 2011, 9:47 pm

Yeah the fees can be a pain, but most buyers prefer Paypal so if you dont offer it you miss out on the price you are after. I've been ripped by too many on Ebay and other sites so will only ever purchase through Paypal.

4% is stuff all. Unless its 1000s of dollars not really worth worrying about.

nilla60

Unread post by nilla60 » September 11th, 2011, 10:33 pm

4.2GUst wrote: i believe ebay only want u to use paypal as they would be recieving some form of kick back from paypal !
More than that. eBay 100% own PayPal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PayPal#Acquisition_by_eBay" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

VK1
Been here a while

Unread post by VK1 » September 11th, 2011, 10:53 pm

Whenever I list something on ebay I always state in large font "Buyer (or winning bidder) must contact me first before making payment." That's when I tell them I won't accept paypal. I had my paypal account hacked and I wouldn't touch it again.

Burko
Been here a while

Unread post by Burko » September 12th, 2011, 7:56 pm

My point exactly. Why should I be forced to use something that is not 100% safe. Too many horror stories of Pay Pal accounts being hacked. Happened to my Mother in law. She got cleaned out and no body could do anything, Banks or Pay Pal. And there is no way I am giving somebody my bank account details.

I will be happy to use their system when they can guarantee 100% there will be no problems. until then, cash on delivery.

Return to “Chit Chat - all the stuff that's NOT Fourby or 4WD related!”