4wd Action still not practising what they preach????

For the stuff that's NOT 4WD related, here's where you can come on in and discuss it, but do play nice!
plumb
Part of the furniture

Re: 4wd Action still not practising what they preach????

Unread post by plumb » September 10th, 2011, 7:54 am

It's all good guys i just heard through the grape vine that the DVD crew have been reading this thread and the next DVD will be on how to conquer the carpark at Westfields Parramatta :crazy:

Unread post by Guest » September 10th, 2011, 8:15 am

plumb wrote:It's all good guys i just heard through the grape vine that the DVD crew have been reading this thread and the next DVD will be on how to conquer the carpark at Westfields Parramatta :crazy:
Actually Plumb, you would probably have more of a chance getting panel damage in one of those car parks than some of the tracks on the dvds. :)

plumb
Part of the furniture

Unread post by plumb » September 10th, 2011, 12:25 pm

It would be on the edge of your seat viewing though wouldn't it?Far better then watching them drive around out in the bush, up hills where traction is lost.They should be driving in more challenging stuff like along the flat so they don't spin their wheels,over speed bumps and only go off the road when they go up their driveway.They could even film the soccer match for us when they get to their destination yay :D

Unread post by Guest » September 10th, 2011, 12:55 pm

After months of planning we were all set. We turned off the highway at PJ's irish pub and the last piece of civilisation before the Westfields state conservation national park. As soon as we pulled off the bitumen there was Roothy waiting for us with Steve and his big dic ultra extreme commando trailer, in which we all be sleeping in supreme comfort and luxury at a special to you 4wd reaction magazine price of $11,111.11. We aired down and as soon as we started it was time for lockers to take us up the steep car park on ramp with a tricky steel speed hump half way that caught Steve out with his trailer. No trouble for Milo to winch up the low lux and trailer and pretty soon we were enjoying the view from roof top car park. Recent rain had left some big puddles but we all had snorkels fitted so there were no real dramas. The only down side was the large number of feral shoppers. They really should be culled but the greenie latte sipping killjoy namby pampers would no doubt object.

Thats all for this month, join us next months when Shaun comes along for a weekend of 4wd fun in the pristine wilds of Wilsons Kent Street action parking station.

TuffTD42
Here and there

Unread post by TuffTD42 » September 10th, 2011, 4:31 pm

I think from now on anyone that whinges, b!tch's or carries on about 4wding being bad in any way gets a life ban from the forum.

Either it be about the environment or 6" lifts or those 35/37" tyres are ruining the tracks or he pegged his tent the wrong way.

Imagine a 4wd forum where everyone could talk about there favorite thing either it be big lifted/tyred rigs through to driving that track from hell or just touring in there stock as a rock 4wd without some mamby pamby nothing better to do DO-GOODER wanting to talk ****!

Missy

Unread post by Missy » September 10th, 2011, 7:00 pm

^^^
You're my second favourite forum user now! :D

gqjay
Part of the furniture

Unread post by gqjay » September 10th, 2011, 8:12 pm

Been on this forum for awhile, and noticed how less popular its getting . I copped a bit for my earlier post about the winging and bitching. Even to the bad opinion it gets from other 4x4 fourms I'm on.

And liking some of the post at the moment.

If you don't like it don't watch it.

I love DVDs and get the mag for that reason. There a good watch and nothing like what's around for $10.

sudso
Need to get out more

Unread post by sudso » September 10th, 2011, 11:49 pm

brad75troopy wrote:I know what your saying mate. Shaun often harps on and critisizes the greenies and often sais that 4wders are the real greenies. Well not really the amount of rubbish ive seen on beaches, coorong, far west coast, these are only places that 4wds can get to. Its disgusts me.
Many fishermen have 4wd's but not all fishermen are 4wdrivers and respectful of the environment. Some of the bogans I've seen surf fishing geesh! Most of it though is rubbish washed up on shore from boats from what I've seen.
I love terra firma - the less firma the more terra

sudso
Need to get out more

Unread post by sudso » September 11th, 2011, 12:12 am

Sparkys wrote:I'm a greenie....a deadset greenie who has been working in Conservation & Land Management full time for 11 years because I believe our bush needs preserving.....for many reasons which are beyond the scope of this post.......

......but I've yet to see Roothie do anything on the DVD's that I felt was a problem......apart from driving a Toyota!

Roothy, Shaun and the others are perhaps a little bit close minded and could probably benefit from taking a look at some of the other reasons for conservation and closing parks gates, we're not all 'pencil pushers at a desk' and it's not all just about "keeping people from enjoying 'their' land", but they do drive on the existing tracks and from a conservation point of view generally respect the surrounding bushland.

I personally feel that some of Roothie's attitudes towards the land comes from living in Queensland where you have land totally being changed over the wet season by what he calls 'Natures force', which is totally correct, but that habitat is designed to exist around the wet season/s. But that same logic can't be applied to some of the more delicate, slow growing ecology that is present in other parts of Australia and can be destroyed more easily by our 4WD's. Apart from that he's pretty good.

Now this Greenie has to go get in his Rodeo and tackle the Border Track!
He was born and bred in the bush, on a station in the Flinders, so he probably knows more about bush preservation than most bleeding heart environmentalists.
Why do the majority of greenies think that to preserve something it must be locked away and not touched? The environment needs human interaction with it to help keep it preserved, even recreational interaction.
Whats wrong with taking a bit of dead wood for a warm campfire? Is the bug living inside it more important than us?

sudso
Need to get out more

Unread post by sudso » September 11th, 2011, 12:16 am

plumb wrote:A storm that night and you wouldn't have known the crew had gone up there.
Exactly, nature can rip a place to shreds in one hit and do worse than a century of environmental vandalism.

qlddsl
Here and there

Unread post by qlddsl » September 11th, 2011, 8:13 am

yes there are some idiots out there, hell bent on chewing up every track they drive on but 4wdaction crew dont fall into this catagory. the point of fourwheeling is different for everyone, touring, rockhopping,sand,snow and everything inbetween..some like the challange of getting to the end of that track to nowhere, that track to nowwhere like all tracks in the bush are there for a reason, for us to use and if they were worried about the environment and damage there would be one of those horrible gates across it.

J.R
Been here a while

Unread post by J.R » September 11th, 2011, 8:56 am

Miss 76er wrote:^^^
Wooohooo !!!!
I'm still the favorite =P

HDJ78R
Need to get out more

Unread post by HDJ78R » September 11th, 2011, 11:32 am

J.R wrote:
Miss 76er wrote:^^^
Wooohooo !!!!
Only in your dreams.

Cornbeef
Need to get out more

Unread post by Cornbeef » September 11th, 2011, 11:38 am

HDJ78R wrote:
J.R wrote: Wooohooo !!!!
Only in your dreams.
^^^^ Haaahhaaaa
Happy Trax Cornbeef

foogill
Need to get out more

Unread post by foogill » September 11th, 2011, 11:53 am

HDJ78R wrote:
J.R wrote: Wooohooo !!!!
Only in your dreams.
POW WHAM ZAPPO

Take that.

Return to “Chit Chat - all the stuff that's NOT Fourby or 4WD related!”