4wd Action still not practising what they preach????

For the stuff that's NOT 4WD related, here's where you can come on in and discuss it, but do play nice!
bozo21
Part of the furniture

4wd Action still not practising what they preach????

Unread post by bozo21 » September 8th, 2011, 1:15 am

I've read about, and spoken with many on this subject.

It seems everyone who watches my DVDs, are all pretty pee'd off with some sort of action that is shown on the DVD. Always up to some sort of mischief.

For me though, well it doesnt affect me, as here in Gods Country, THE KIMBERLEY, they dont shut down tracks. The wet season shuts down tracks.
The country here is used to being torn apart year after year, BUT i still hate seeing people tear it apart needlessly.

Now i know those behind the scenes on these DVDs have always got things to say, wether they are excuses or not, when muppets are watching this sort of behaviour at home it sends out the wrong message and teaches bad habits.

All you guys over east need is greenies or watever to get hold of some of this stuff and it'll be all over. Never mind not being able to fit 33s and a 3 inch lift, or a bullbar even. You wont have anywhere to wheel so a 4wd will be pointless.

I think its about time, WE, as the major contributors to this magazine let them know that this sort of behaviour isnt right. Lots of harping on about things on the DVDs by Roothy, but then throws it all out the window 30 seconds later.

This recent thread ,http://www.exploroz.com/Forum/Topic/888 ... x%3fpn%3d1 has been the last straw for me. I have 3 DVDs here, that i still havent watched, because i dont wanna be picking the guts out of them over what they shouldnt have done.

Nobodys perfect, but pease dont give the "fun police" anything more to whinge about guys. By the way, Graeme does an awesome job, aint seen him do anything wrong yet.

Brendan
4WD Action Staff

Re: 4wd Action still not practising what they preach????

Unread post by Brendan » September 8th, 2011, 10:30 am

I've always said we appreciate feedback good or bad, but I'm not sure which category this falls into. As far as I can tell, the only real issue in that link is that we towed a camper trailer up a steep hill, one that the author said he wouldn't take a camper trailer up. Fine, he wouldn't - does that mean no-one should/would/could?

I've been behind the scenes on DVD trips with Roothy, and the one thing that anyone who's met him will agree with, is that he has a profound respect for the bush. Just because a couple of people whose concept of 4WDing is a fire trail don't understand why you'd want to drive a steep hill, doesn't change that.

All I can suggest is you watch the DVD for yourself and draw your own conclusion.
Brendan Seymour - Editor
4WD Action

94 4Runner; Lexus V8, 33in MTZs, barwork, lights, locked, etc
72 Rangie; 351, C4, 37s, gearing, GQ diffs, Air Lockers, chopped.

Unread post by Guest » September 8th, 2011, 11:53 am

There is a truism about jokes: It doesn't matter how funny the joke is, someone will be offended by it.

Applies to 4wding too:

Bonk
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Bonk » September 8th, 2011, 6:39 pm

bozo21 wrote:All you guys over east need is greenies or watever to get hold of some of this stuff and it'll be all over

Or something even better would BEGIN.

brad75troopy
Avid Poster

Unread post by brad75troopy » September 8th, 2011, 6:48 pm

I know what your saying mate. Shaun often harps on and critisizes the greenies and often sais that 4wders are the real greenies. Well not really the amount of rubbish ive seen on beaches, coorong, far west coast, these are only places that 4wds can get to. Its disgusts me.

brad75troopy
Avid Poster

Unread post by brad75troopy » September 8th, 2011, 6:51 pm

and I agree, Graham seems to do be a very responsible 4wder

Cornbeef
Need to get out more

Unread post by Cornbeef » September 8th, 2011, 8:49 pm

Jeez mate , i think your being a bit harsh , those rutts were already their & they were doing their best not to get stuck , i dont think they impacted or created any more damage that was already their , they were guiding & giving instruction for every truck , their will be a lot more trucks without trailers that get stuck on that track , maybe its up to the local 4wd community in that area to have a working bee & repair that track , & is it right that you havent watched the DVD ,are you relying on a 3rd parties account of the situation , if so how can it be the last straw for you when you havent watched the last 3 DVDs , you sound like a bit of a punce if that is the case . You have absolutely no argument & anything you say on the subject just does not matter.
Happy Trax Cornbeef

stevem540i
Been here a while

Unread post by stevem540i » September 8th, 2011, 9:25 pm

bozo21 wrote:It seems everyone who watches my DVDs, are all pretty pee'd off with some sort of action that is shown on the DVD.

I have 3 DVDs here, that i still havent watched, because i dont wanna be picking the guts out of them over what they shouldnt have done.
How is it that people can be pee'd off with DVD's that you don't even watch?
Who determines what they "shouldn't have done", as you say? Is this just personal opinion?

Cheers

bozo21
Part of the furniture

Unread post by bozo21 » September 8th, 2011, 9:40 pm

Cornbeef wrote:Jeez mate , i think your being a bit harsh , those rutts were already their & they were doing their best not to get stuck , i dont think they impacted or created any more damage that was already their , they were guiding & giving instruction for every truck , their will be a lot more trucks without trailers that get stuck on that track , maybe its up to the local 4wd community in that area to have a working bee & repair that track , & is it right that you havent watched the DVD ,are you relying on a 3rd parties account of the situation , if so how can it be the last straw for you when you havent watched the last 3 DVDs , you sound like a bit of a punce if that is the case . You have absolutely no argument & anything you say on the subject just does not matter.
Happy Trax Cornbeef
Not just this DVD. Im talking about the many before it. Taking dogs into national parks, climbing river banks were they didnt need too. Etc, etc, its a sad case of practice what you preach.

Like i said but, it doesnt bother me or worry me, as it wont ever affect me. But i just hate reading about it on all the forums. Its ammo for all those against us. It doesnt affect me one bit, it just makes me laugh at how much of a joke the magazine has become, and now there dragging the DVD down with it.

The amount of subscription deals, letters and other junk they have sent me over the last 3 years must of cost them a fortune i tell ya. Still nothing decent included that makes it worth subscribing.

Chook91
Here and there

Unread post by Chook91 » September 8th, 2011, 9:48 pm

I think someone may have grabbed the short straw here...

If this is the sort of "mischief" that is going to get us in trouble with the greenies, then I think some more drastic measures must be taken. I can only assume that in the dvd, they gave it the berries to get up this hill (with a camper trailer in tow?). If that is enough to bother you mate, then we might just have to ban the Outback Challenge, Vic Winch, hell, lets ban Tuff Truck!!! In short mate, from what I as a keen 4wder and 4wd action follower can tell, the 4WDA crew do a pretty bloody good job trying to send the message across to everyone else that maintaining tracks and keeping gates open is the way to go. Im pretty sure that the worst damage that anyone from the team has caused to the environment is when roothy maliciously pulled a star picket from the ground and used it as a gearbox crossmember. BRUTAL STUFF.

If you truly are distressed by what you see on the dvd's then let shaun know. Better yet, unsubscribe from the mag and dvd's and save yourself the pain and heartache.
:crazy:
Cheers
Chook

Missy

Unread post by Missy » September 8th, 2011, 10:05 pm

Like i said but, it doesnt bother me or worry me, as it wont ever affect me. But i just hate reading about it on all the forums. Its ammo for all those against us. It doesnt affect me one bit, it just makes me laugh at how much of a joke the magazine has become, and now there dragging the DVD down with it.

It's obviously affecting you. How can I tell? You have logged onto the forum of a 'joke' magazine (those DVDs you also don't like) to complain about something you haven't even watched.

I find the concept of religion isn't my cup of tea, yet I don't slam the Vatican or local churches with my opinion- nor complain about the lack of content in the bible. Why? Generally if I don't like things I avoid them, I don't bag them out on the net. Raw tomatoes repulse me, I really should write a letter to the farmers.

If you don't like what you read second hand from another forum, perhaps you can watch the DvD for yourself and not be a lemming. Or buy a self-righteous fuelled Barina and go for a long drive away from internet access and let the rest of us enjoy our evening.

HDJ78R
Need to get out more

Unread post by HDJ78R » September 8th, 2011, 10:09 pm

bozo21 wrote:
Cornbeef wrote:Jeez mate , i think your being a bit harsh , those rutts were already their & they were doing their best not to get stuck , i dont think they impacted or created any more damage that was already their , they were guiding & giving instruction for every truck , their will be a lot more trucks without trailers that get stuck on that track , maybe its up to the local 4wd community in that area to have a working bee & repair that track , & is it right that you havent watched the DVD ,are you relying on a 3rd parties account of the situation , if so how can it be the last straw for you when you havent watched the last 3 DVDs , you sound like a bit of a punce if that is the case . You have absolutely no argument & anything you say on the subject just does not matter.
Happy Trax Cornbeef
Not just this DVD. Im talking about the many before it. Taking dogs into national parks, climbing river banks were they didnt need too. Etc, etc, its a sad case of practice what you preach.

The amount of subscription deals, letters and other junk they have sent me over the last 3 years must of cost them a fortune i tell ya. Still nothing decent included that makes it worth subscribing.

All that you're responding on is what you've read in another forum. That's hearsay, do you have any proof for what they say is true or have you've seen it personally.
It's easy to voice your opinion and read other peoples opinions. As far as I know the 4WDAction team are doing an awesome job and I hope they keep on doing for a long time to come.
I had a look on the link you've posted, there's nothing positive on it about 4wd action. So what, people who like to winge and complain about everything need a place to that to (they're probably jealous anyway). I don't care what they say, Ive met people of the 4wd action team and I can be pretty sure that what they do is the best they can to preserve the environment.

mudylux
Getting to know the place

Unread post by mudylux » September 8th, 2011, 10:50 pm

you say we need more greenies over here ,well if we had any more of them it would not just be 4wders getting tracks shut down it would be beaches,camping,fishing,farming basicly any form of outdoor activity we people of this great land do for recreation or lifestyle .We will probably get taxed on farting if it gets any worse. Keep up the great work all the crew at 4wd action .

nilla60

Unread post by nilla60 » September 8th, 2011, 10:56 pm

Cornbeef wrote:Jeez mate , i think your being a bit harsh , those rutts were already their & they were doing their best not to get stuck , i dont think they impacted or created any more damage that was already their , they were guiding & giving instruction for every truck , their will be a lot more trucks without trailers that get stuck on that track , maybe its up to the local 4wd community in that area to have a working bee & repair that track
Been there, done that. Any driving on those tracks is going to be trivial compared to the damage from water erosion. You can't put tracks into steep country like that without getting washouts as soon as it rains. A lot of the tracks erode down to rock pretty quick smart, wish I had pics but had the brown underpants on at the time. Sensitive tracks get closed in the wet as that's when they get cut up.

Oh, and I was a soil surveyor in a previous life. I wouldn't have driven the self same tracks if I thought I was going to have a material impact on the big picture.

Just up the road are whole towns and you'd never know they were ever there.

Glad I don't live under a microscope.

stevem540i
Been here a while

Unread post by stevem540i » September 8th, 2011, 11:20 pm

peteinoz wrote:Geez, its like so many aussies are just turning into mother in laws..
Dead right there Pete....Just look at the VSI50 thread.
It's enough to turn a bloke to drink...

Return to “Chit Chat - all the stuff that's NOT Fourby or 4WD related!”