Name That Place-Photograph

For the stuff that's NOT 4WD related, here's where you can come on in and discuss it, but do play nice!
TLC60S
Part of the furniture

Re: Name That Place-Photograph

Unread post by TLC60S » July 16th, 2016, 11:38 am

!!! Maybe that National Park in the middle of Queensland that is split into 3 parts !

Cheers TLC60S

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » July 16th, 2016, 11:54 pm

TLC60S wrote:Hey Peter I got your clues with the Snowball Road & the Postmans Track through Tantawangalo mountain but what was riding the wild pig to the sea !

Cheers TLC60S
Wadbilliga Crossing is not far from Yowrie &/or Peak Alone; up the top, the track crosses Two Rivers Plain with that 'other' river crossing you showed in the middle of it; & the next ridgeline/track that runs from the Escarpment down from Two Rivers almost all the way to the sea at Bermagui, starts just a tad South of where you turn off the Countageny rd to Wadbilliga (don't go thru the private property tho, he's been known to shoot!!) but still North of Brown Mountain road is called Razor Back - cos it's a bloody razor thin ridge line with rocky cliffs falling away on both sides of the track that you hafta work your way very carefully down; AND from Peak Alone Fire Tower/Summit looking South west, that ridge line/track looks like a wild boar's 'razor back'!! :D
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

BigDutchy
Need to get out more

Unread post by BigDutchy » July 17th, 2016, 8:20 am

TLC60S wrote:!!! Maybe that National Park in the middle of Queensland that is split into 3 parts !

Cheers TLC60S

Middle of Qld yes but 3 parks? I am not sure

BigDutchy
Need to get out more

Unread post by BigDutchy » July 20th, 2016, 5:45 pm

A little bit up the road from Injune

buffer
Avid Poster

Unread post by buffer » July 20th, 2016, 8:10 pm

Carnarvon Park, maybe have been planning on a visit when i pick up the camper.
100 series 4.2TD, 2" lift, ARB twin lockers, Safari snorkel, ARB winch bar with brushbars and sidesteps, 12000lb winch, supernova driving lights and custom made aluminium rack with awning, ARB dual rear bar, dual batteries, Airbag assists rear.

BigDutchy
Need to get out more

Unread post by BigDutchy » July 20th, 2016, 9:18 pm

That's the other NP I referred to. So, you are very warm but I am after the other one

BigDutchy
Need to get out more

Unread post by BigDutchy » July 27th, 2016, 5:14 pm

Canavon NP and Mt.....NP are neighbours

buffer
Avid Poster

Unread post by buffer » August 9th, 2016, 12:19 am

Are you thinking Mount Moffatt, if so i want to go visit definitely on the bucket list.
100 series 4.2TD, 2" lift, ARB twin lockers, Safari snorkel, ARB winch bar with brushbars and sidesteps, 12000lb winch, supernova driving lights and custom made aluminium rack with awning, ARB dual rear bar, dual batteries, Airbag assists rear.

BigDutchy
Need to get out more

Unread post by BigDutchy » August 9th, 2016, 3:37 pm

Yes, it's Mt Moffatt.
Mt Moffatt is a stunning place. I have been there many times and loved all visits.
Take a week to visit both parks. I love to camp at Dargonelly rock hole. There is water and a toilet! No bins, take out what you brought in type of thing but the tip at Injune is not far. Spend 3 days at Mt Moffatt and 3 at the Carnavon to get an impression....then come back and take as much time as you need.
It's awesome!

buffer
Avid Poster

Unread post by buffer » August 10th, 2016, 12:02 am

Thanks Dutchy, will have to take the opportunity soon drove straight past last year when we done the loop from Birdsville, Winto and Longreach.

This should be pretty easy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nqgu
Part of the furniture

Unread post by nqgu » August 13th, 2016, 3:31 pm

Maree

buffer
Avid Poster

Unread post by buffer » August 16th, 2016, 11:13 pm

Sorry for the delay, have been off line for a couple of day's, yes it;s the great small town of Marree.

Quick ones are the good ones.

Your up nqgu

Return to “Chit Chat - all the stuff that's NOT Fourby or 4WD related!”