Your thoughts on the FJ cruiser

worthy
Part of the furniture

Re: Your thoughts on the FJ cruiser

Unread post by worthy » July 4th, 2012, 12:24 pm

I went for a ride in the back of one at eastern creek show last august. Now im 6' 2" and i had no real problem sitting in the back. Getting through the door was different. Still ugly though
2000 Prado 3.0LTD Lifted and Locked
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=87167
Have IFS, Will Impress

Navara-08
Getting to know the place

Unread post by Navara-08 » July 6th, 2012, 5:33 pm

I want one but i have heard they suck the juice .I think they are one of the best looking 4x4 done up with mods.

smac
Avid Poster

Unread post by smac » August 29th, 2012, 10:11 pm

I reckon they are pretty cool. From what I heard thy couldn't import enough for what they sold.

Wouldn't mind one when my kids get a bit older and can climb in themselves

SaggaFJ
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by SaggaFJ » February 9th, 2014, 7:16 pm

I've always thought they were awesome!
So now I have my own!!
IMG_1981[1]a small.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nilla60

Unread post by nilla60 » February 22nd, 2014, 9:40 am

They look pretty nifty as a play car if you can afford then. I do like the looks even if I'd never cough up my own dough to buy one.

Twisty

Unread post by Twisty » February 26th, 2014, 6:46 am

2 years in and I'm still loving mine!

2012 FJ Cruiser
1984 BJ42 Landcruiser
1977 HJ45 Landcruiser Ute

Robdeo
Avid Poster

Unread post by Robdeo » February 26th, 2014, 8:45 am

They look really good to me. I want to try getting a baby into and out of the back.

It'd be an upgrade from the Rav4 though, not the ute, so I don't see me being able to justify the significant price any time soon.

P.S. Looks good Twisty!

Cruising Brit
Been here a while

Unread post by Cruising Brit » March 18th, 2014, 7:49 pm

I test drove one a few days ago as I got it as a rental car as my cruiser was in for a service. love the power to weight ratio, compared to my cruiser which always feels a bit sluggish plus my cruiser will use petrol like there's no tomorrow. I took it off-road and was quite happy with it but I do prefer my cruiser. put a real bee in my bonnet as I really like it onroad and the full consumption is a dream (well for me anyway). what are they like off-road once the suspension has been modified? the one I drove had next to no articulation in the front which put me off a little plus the undercarriage including the fuel tanks are quite susceptible to damage...... Any thoughts??

Tymon.
4WDing, it's not a Hobby, it's a Passion!!!

FZJ105; 2 inch lift, ST/maxx's, HID/led lights, draws, roof rack, sat nav/entertainment system, 2.5 inch Beaudesert exhaust with pacemaker extractors, green P plates, 3 year old behind the wheel :p

viewtopic.php?f=187&t=146189

beatle
Been here a while

Unread post by beatle » July 31st, 2014, 2:13 pm

We bought one 2 months ago! we love it, i have driven down to tassie in it from wollongong and got around 12L/100Ks fully loaded with all our gear, around town its about the same its got the 160ltr tank so i only fill it up every few weeks , we are taking it to brunie island this weekend so ill report back how it goes off road!!
we also have a 2 year old and find it very easy to get her in and out!

boof
Need to get out more

Unread post by boof » September 26th, 2014, 12:26 pm

Picked mine up this week, let the fun begin
2014 FJ with a few mods

Mishconception
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Mishconception » January 13th, 2015, 11:52 am

I"ve been looking at an FJ for my son and I to get into some 4WDing and camping. I have done quite a bit of 4WDing in the past along with my fair share of camping and wish to introduce my son to the wonders of it and our outstanding country.
I test drove one last weekend and can only say that I was VERY impressed. I'm keen to hear more about off road experiences with it as the wrangler sport was the alternative, which surprisingly, handled better on the road than I expected it to.
I'm not going to be in a position to buy for a few months yet but am looking about, thinking an ex demo will be the go for us as it shaves a little off the brand new cost.
What additions would people recommend. My thoughts were roof rack, bulbar and tow bar with a snorkel down the track for water play once I have regained my 4WDing confidence. Is a lift kit worth doing or even necessary?
Any advice would be gratefully received.
Cheers,
Mish

Roadwarrior
Avid Poster

Unread post by Roadwarrior » August 11th, 2015, 6:56 pm

I'm thinking of down sizing from my 100 series. I'm not interested until they bring out a diesel though. I love the look of them. I was thinking about a Hilux but every man and his dog has a Hilux and the Prado is just too plastic for my liking. The new Hilux is suppose to have 2 diesels, a 2.5 and a 2 8L. The V6 is apparently being dropped and usually in the past the new engine gets passed on to the Prado. I hope this means the FJ will get them too seeing as its built on a Prado chassis. I can't see Toyota having a V6 just for the FJ.

jnr78
Avid Poster

Unread post by jnr78 » October 11th, 2015, 9:49 am

Hi all
Well my misses just picked up her 2015 model 2 weeks ago.
So far so good we are impressed with the performance it has , how comfy it is and how quiet it is in the car driving with the windows up.
the factory 159L tank is great with a range of 1200k's and living in darwin out rural the long range tank is just bloody great.

i do have on order a 50" curve lightbar for the roof ,brackets supplied by Monsterrides in QLD the boys at Monsterrides have made up some neat looking brackets to mount a roof lightbar in the factory gutter holes.
once new tyres are needed a lift and some muds will be fitted the lift will be supplied by monsterrides.

jnr78
Avid Poster

Unread post by jnr78 » October 11th, 2015, 10:09 am

Twisty

Hey Dave
Mate how do they go towing ?

Mate Bek ( the misses ) loves the brackets ,she cant wait to get them on when the lightbar arrives.

what size tyres are you running .?
And how much lift ?
Once the tyres wear down on beks car she wants muds and wants to lift it and we would like to go through monsterrides for the lift.

cheers JNR

Return to “FJ Cruiser”