Disco 4 Roll-Call!

Rob W
Been here a while

Disco 4 Roll-Call!

Unread post by Rob W » August 9th, 2011, 2:28 pm

G'day Rover fans and welcome to the new sub-forum dedicated to one of the most capable and most highly awarded 4WDs on the planet!

To kick things off we wanna see who here on the 4WD Action forums is lucky enough to own one of these awesome rigs.
So introduce yourself, throw up a few pics of your Disco 4 (stock or modified) and tell us all about it.

Lets show these Toyota boys who the real 'King Off The Road' is! :p

brad72
I'm new, be nice!

Re: Disco 4 Roll-Call!

Unread post by brad72 » August 31st, 2011, 2:05 pm

Nice to see a dedicated section. I've had the D4 2.7 for about 1 1/2 years now and absolutely love it. I looked at all the brands before purchasing this one and no other fourby could match the performance, comfort or ride of the discovery. I almost feel a bit lazy when offraod as once the correct mode for the terrain has been selected the car pretty much drives itself. Even had her up a 40 degree incline with only two wheels on the ground with stock tires and road pressures.

Realiabilty wise I have only had 1 problem, that being a kinked heater hose, so the heater took longer to warm up in winter. Other than that she has been flawless.

I'm currently fabricating full length racks for her and a poleless awning for out the side ready for this seasons camping trips

Here's a couple of pics

cnsperio
Here and there

Unread post by cnsperio » January 17th, 2012, 11:38 am

Hi All,

I have a 2010 D4 2.7l, white, pretty much like the one above, without the personalised numberplates. It is pretty standard, apart from Yoko ATS tyres (split a side wall heading out to Lawn Hill a while ago), but hope to do some mods this year and get ready for a cape trip next year. Bar, snorkel and UHF first, then long range tank, rear bar to carry two tyres and anything else that comes to mind. Has anyone used the Hema navagator? In the longer term thinking about a chip +/- exhaust upgrade, any comments. Thanks Brian

4wheelcruisin
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by 4wheelcruisin » November 25th, 2012, 3:39 pm

Hmm, been awhile since anyone has posted here but thought I would anyway. I have a 2011 Disco IV, jus started the mods for touring later in life. Chucked in acouple of photos.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Redback
Been here a while

Unread post by Redback » August 9th, 2013, 4:39 pm

OK here's my 2011 Discovery 4, almost identical to the one above.

Doddo
Here and there

Unread post by Doddo » August 12th, 2013, 9:38 pm

Hi,
Just a quick question for you all; what size wheels and tyres are you guys running on your disco4's. Im asking because my Dad is looking at buying one and the only thing holding him back is the lack of off road tyres available for the 19inch wheels. Any info you could hand over is appreciated,

Cheers,
Doddo

Redback
Been here a while

Unread post by Redback » September 5th, 2013, 1:26 pm

That will depend on whether he has the 3.0l or 2.7l D4, you can fit 17" to the 2.7l D4 but are restricted to 18" rims for the 3.0L, 18" rim are only available from Green Oval Experience in WA.

http://www.greenovalexperience.com/#!18-inch-rims/cglk

17" bb6 alloy rims can be got from Performance wheels in SA and steel rims can be got from Dynamic and King rims.

Baz.

Return to “Discovery IV”