Who's happy with their Amarok?

1650bullet
Here and there

Who's happy with their Amarok?

Unread post by 1650bullet » November 24th, 2011, 10:58 pm

Just wanting some feedback on the vw Amarok. Is everyone happy with them so far. Any glitches at all.how are they on fuel.And whats the servicing bill like. My wife only has an auto licsence, and we now have to wait until late 2012 for the 8 speed auto to arrive in oz. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. :)

calibrated
Avid Poster

Re: Whos happy with there Rok

Unread post by calibrated » November 25th, 2011, 6:46 am

I'm loving mine. Its on the fully loaded package, so servicing is included for 60,000km.

Have a read on www.ausamarok.com plenty info there :)
VW Amarok Trendline
http://www.ausamarok.com.au - Amarok Club Australia
http://www.wolf4x4.com.au - 4WD Accessories

GQ37s
I'm new, be nice!

Re: Who's happy with their Amarok?

Unread post by GQ37s » May 25th, 2013, 2:44 pm

Love it Love It Love It,

30,000k down and still going strong, and still not paying for service's :lol:

mines a 2011 highline and its done a few trips so far no glitch at all,
gave it a right old flogging on Fraser and it loved it,
getting air up the beach at 90kph rides like a car.

Have got a work hilux that I'm getting rid of. Will be getting another ROK for sure.
I've also left some pics and info on the show us your rok forum

UnhappyRuth
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by UnhappyRuth » May 29th, 2013, 12:44 pm

I not happy with my Amarok, it has not done 20000mkm and is less than 12 months old. Before its first service it had been back to the dealer 10 times and it is still night right. The first problem the week after we got the car was the door trim on the passenger side. It was replaced, however it had to go back less than a week later to get refitted. There were loose bolts everywhere in the car including the front door and the tray. I had to take the car back after it was at the dealer again specifically for this problem and it wasn’t until I spoke with the service manager and showed him that the bolts were still loose that this problem was fixed. The air conditioning hasn’t been right for some time. It has been into the dealer for this issue 3 times and I am still waiting for them to call me (2 weeks after they said they would) to organize another time for them to look at it again. Last week I had a puncture and when I was getting it fixed, they took the wheel off and the end of the axle was rusted. In my opinion VW have missed the mark completely. Before we bought the Amarok we had a Golf. The Golf, which was new and 6 yrs older than the Amarok had more features than the 2006 Golf. I have been very disappointed with the Amarok.

TMAC54
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by TMAC54 » April 7th, 2015, 8:13 pm

Thats a real pisser Unhappy.

I have had VW most of my life and been fortunate never to have had a problem, last 2 were Golf GTi and Toureg loved em both and faultless.

As for my ROK great vehicle like Calibrated fully loaded with nearly every option I can get and then some. Often been in situation helping out others of a larger capacity vehicle whereby they have got onto trouble and the Rok performs its magic.

Seems like you got a real lemon on your one esp with all the issues i hope you get them fixed up and can enjoy the truck. In saying that you get crap ones in every make you just happened to get this one. I take it the Golf you had was ok ?

lets hope all comes good

Cheers
Tez

Return to “VW Amarok”