Can i Fit a Toyota Surf 5 Post Bullbar to a 2018 Amarok?

GUS445
I'm new, be nice!

Can i Fit a Toyota Surf 5 Post Bullbar to a 2018 Amarok?

Unread post by GUS445 » February 28th, 2019, 9:41 pm

I having been looking for a cheap, second hand 5 post bullbar and found a used Toyota Surf 2nd Gen with one just taken off. It had been moded to suit wide body flares as well. If it could fit then how so, but would it also be legal it is able to be put on?

Thanks

hoyks
Avid Poster

Re: Can i Fit a Toyota Surf 5 Post Bullbar to a 2018 Amarok?

Unread post by hoyks » February 28th, 2019, 10:12 pm

..No

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » March 1st, 2019, 4:19 pm

Oh c'mon hoyks, surely you coulda been a bit more welcoming with your answer?? :rolleyes:

So welcome to the Forum Gus :thumb:

And in answer to your question, of course, if you've got enough money almost anything is possible, even if it'd never be legal &/or roadworthy; but when it comes to fitting a used Toyota Gen 2 Surf 5 poster bull bar onto a 2018 Amarok, I really think I've gotta agree with hoyks, altho maybe I'd put it just a leeddle bit stonger.... :ooh:

F*** No! :eek:
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

hoyks
Avid Poster

Unread post by hoyks » March 1st, 2019, 6:31 pm

I tried to be more succinct, but had to have a minimum of 4 characters.

The mounts wont fit as the Surf and Amorok chassis are completely different.

Legally the bull bar must be air bag compatable and designed to fit a specific vehicle. It also needs a plate attached stating that info.
A 5 poster to fit a Surf would have been designed back when having a pedestrian friendly (like any are) bull bar wasn't a thing. So, if you did manage to make it fit, the design of the bar wouldn't be legal to start with.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » March 1st, 2019, 7:25 pm

If you really want a 5 poster Gus, I think there's a mob in Outback QLD who still make them, and I believe they do have a couple of versions that are airbag compatable. If it's the 5 poster bit that you're after, I don't think the airbag compatable jobbies really have quite the same look as the older versions, cos all those straight edges & squared off corners & slab fronts with a forward lean on all the verticals & pretty much every other thing that makes the old 5 posters what they were are all the things that make them no longer legal or roadworthy. :rolleyes:
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Return to “VW Amarok”