New Years in Cape York

The new home for any 4WD related videos!
Mattricho12
Here and there

New Years in Cape York

Unread post by Mattricho12 » January 10th, 2016, 3:39 pm

Here's a quick video of what some of us Weipa locals get up to when everyone has gone home. Lets just say it gets interesting at the end haha.

So I haven't opted for heavy music this time as i think it costs me views but only time will tell. Ive also used some still photography in the video. this is mainly because one of my GoPros lost half the footage so i missed a pretty important part of the trip.

https://youtu.be/tPdWW7JNkxg

Let me know what you think,
Cheers.

Matt
Living the dream, living the dream!

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: New Years in Cape York

Unread post by Peter Aawen » January 10th, 2016, 4:39 pm

Wouldn't let me watch it!! Said 'This video is not available' :(
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

bourkey2
Getting to know the place

Unread post by bourkey2 » January 10th, 2016, 4:49 pm

Hey Matt.

I could watch it ok.
What a spectacular part of the world! Looks like you had awesome fun. Murphy's law got you with the GoPro footage - don't you just hate that!! Great video mate!
Live Your Life!

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » January 10th, 2016, 4:59 pm

Still gives me the 'not available' message :(
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Mattricho12
Here and there

Unread post by Mattricho12 » January 10th, 2016, 5:09 pm

thanks Bourkey2 I would be lying to you if i said i wasn't spewing a little bit.

Peter are you watching from a mobile or tablet by any chance? the song i used in it has massive copyright issues and youtube only allow it to be viewed from a computer. if you are on a mobile device try clicking the 3 little dots at the top right hand corner when the "video not available" screen comes up and go down to desktop and click that. If not let me know and ill keep looking into it.
Living the dream, living the dream!

bourkey2
Getting to know the place

Unread post by bourkey2 » January 11th, 2016, 10:08 am

I have had the same issues on my mrbourkey2 YouTube channel with videos I have made and people not being able to view on mobiles or tablets or any "mobile device" if the song is well known. I used a Katy Perry song for a video I made of my Sis and me in the obstacle race The Stampede and had this problem so Matt might be right Peter - you'll have to watch it on a desk top.

Matt you'll have to stick with the heavy stuff!! Ha ha.
Live Your Life!

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » January 11th, 2016, 10:29 am

Yep, so far I've only tried on the phone & a couple of tablets, so when I get a chance, I'll try the notebook.... That'll hafta be later tho :(

About adding music to your vids; I know lotsa people like listening to all sorts of stuff while watching vids of 4Wheeling, but there are probably just as many who'd rather be listening to the noises that said music often drowns out.... Not just the noises of the bush, or the splashing as you cross creeks, the odd 'spur of the moment expletive deleted' comment, but also the engine revving, tyres scrabbling, & even the noises the vehicle & occupants make when you hit a big bump or finally get thru that muddy tank trap or crest the top of that monster climb!! By adding music as anything more than an occasional background noise or filler piece, you are probably drowning out a whole lot of interesting stuff! ;)

4wd Hobbit
Been here a while

Unread post by 4wd Hobbit » January 11th, 2016, 11:50 am

Great video - thanks for sharing - great to see guys out there and giving it a go and having fun.

Return to “4WD Videos”