The Cobberas Trail

The new home for any 4WD related videos!
bourkey2
Getting to know the place

The Cobberas Trail

Unread post by bourkey2 » May 11th, 2015, 9:49 pm

Hey there guys.
Last December we drove the Cobberas Trail in the Alpine National Park on our way north to Jindabyne. I read a few blogs when I was planning the trip that said the track was very rutted and extremely steep in places. The steep part is certainly true, but the track was pretty good and didn't trouble our Cruiser at all, although it would be a very different story if it was wet.
This track is now up there with my faves as it has it all and I highly recommend it! We saw at least 6 brumbies along the way. I made a short video I thought I would share with you.

Bourkey.

https://youtu.be/o2ldZKXdZVg
Live Your Life!

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: The Cobberas Trail

Unread post by Peter Aawen » May 13th, 2015, 1:42 pm

That vid brings back some great memories!! :thumb:

The track was cleaned up a lot some years back, taking out most of the really big ruts & wombat holes, steps etc, making the steep bits & the water crossings the only real hazards to contend with... altho it looks like the ruts are starting to build up again.

Still part of one of my favourite & most frequently travelled trips in the High country. Where did you go after that, straight on thru to Jindabyne, or did you make a few detours??
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

bourkey2

Unread post by bourkey2 » May 14th, 2015, 7:49 pm

Hey Peter.
Jindabyne is my favourite place in Australia. We spend most New Years Eves at Thredbo and stay at Jindabyne. Each year I try to find a different way to get there from Melbourne. I love studying the maps to find a new way I have not been before. So to answer your question we continued through to the Barry Way and headed north to Jindabyne. A spectacular drive in itself although it is 2 wheel drive. I never get sick of the Barry Way no matter how many times I drive it.
Live Your Life!

SparkieKev
Been here a while

Unread post by SparkieKev » May 21st, 2015, 12:33 am

Thanks for sharing Bourkey, beautiful country all around you there:)
Supercharged 6.5L chev diesel GU wagon build thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=187&t=138695

bourkey2

Unread post by bourkey2 » June 17th, 2015, 9:21 pm

Thanks SparkieKev. Certainly one of my faves so far.

Sorry for the late reply - been away.
Bourkey
Live Your Life!

Return to “4WD Videos”