How to get a Patrol stuck (and snap the rope with a Pajero)

The new home for any 4WD related videos!
1mak
Here and there

How to get a Patrol stuck (and snap the rope with a Pajero)

Unread post by 1mak » November 15th, 2013, 2:03 pm

This is one of my first videos filmed and edited a while ago. Being totally beginners we did some stupid things wouldn't do that anymore. ;)
Also if you watch carefully so will see a flying Pajero.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vdZ5H6KzuE&hd=1

Surfy
Here and there

Re: How to get a Patrol stuck (and snap the rope with a Paje

Unread post by Surfy » November 15th, 2013, 8:31 pm

Nice Video in a amazing quality!

Thank you for sharing!

I would love it, to see such Video about our outings in Switzerland... Thats my first steps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QodtWfcHSJQ

looks like i had much to learn.. Scenes, cutting, Image-stabilization :ooh:

Surfy
Transafrica over the west: http://transafrica2012.blogspot.com
Blog about Overlanding: http://www.4x4tripping.com

Maverick93
Been here a while

Unread post by Maverick93 » November 15th, 2013, 8:44 pm

Great quality video, best bit starts after the 7min mark :)
1992 4x4 Nissan Patrol GQ Wagon

1mak
Here and there

Unread post by 1mak » November 16th, 2013, 12:49 pm

Thanks guys. Next Video is in the making too (it's been a year between this one and the newest one so ... expectations are high :D). Hey Surfy, Grüezi. I'm from Germany. :)

HillsForThrills
Avid Poster
Location: It varies... My Patrol has a turning circle nearly half of Qld

Unread post by HillsForThrills » November 28th, 2013, 8:26 pm

Quality is awesome mate... What video were you using...? However, I'm not impressed with the mud running/boghole attempts... Those holes were obviously way outta the league of your vehicles... No wonder Glassy is getting destroyed and closed down... And the last recovery with the Paj'....?! Seriously...? There is no wonder that strap gave in... slow down, think... Sorry for the rant, but as a bloke who uses and enjoys Glassy, I hate seeing it torn up and abused like that...

1mak
Here and there

Unread post by 1mak » December 3rd, 2013, 9:55 pm

The video is a year old and we've learned a lot since then. The strap, by the way, wasn't a kinetic one. Just a normal recovery strap. We didn't know that and were told otherwise by the owner.

The reason for taking off so quickly was, that we've been trying to get him out at least 10 times with the wrangler. The surface got really slippery because of our earlier recovery attempts. I was afraid that this would be my only shot - with unclogged mud tyres and the strap attached to the middle recovery point (instead of the wrangler who had only tie down hooks on the side of the rear bar). After the strap got broken I've just my own one (brand new, never used) and tried it with way more care and got him out. Learned the lesson and used the experienced recovery techniques since then very successfully. :)

Nothing wrong with the rant though. Appreciate to get my eyes opened. :) Never harmed the Glasshouse Mountains again and been one with nature since. ;)

HillsForThrills
Avid Poster

Unread post by HillsForThrills » December 4th, 2013, 10:01 am

^ all good mate, wasn't having a full-on go at ya, just things like that can and do get used against us to justify shutting places down... Glad to hear you learnt from your experience and have picked up new skills, good job :thumb: ... if ya ever keen for another wheel up Glassy way, or anywhere in SE Qld for that matter, there are a few of us that get together every few months and have a play... Glassy, The Springs, Janowen Hills etc... me and y b normal usually plan a trip then post it in the forum meetups section, so keep an eye out there, or if ya let me know ya interested, I can PM when a trip is on... Back to my first question though, what sort of video were you using, as the quality is very good! Would love to get something like that... Just have a cheap dash cam at the moment... Anyway, happy wheeling mate!

1mak
Here and there

Unread post by 1mak » December 4th, 2013, 10:09 am

I've been using a Canon 550D and a GoPro for filming. Since then I have invested in a used 5D Mark II, a steady cam, tripods, a couple of lenses and a new computer to have more power to edit (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EohqsoEAS9s - one of the later videos).

Will definitely be up for Glassy. More into filming and photography now. So if you don't mind, I stay aside and film. ;)

HillsForThrills
Avid Poster

Unread post by HillsForThrills » December 4th, 2013, 10:15 am

Cool... Sounds like you've got a great setup there mate... Is the filming/photography a hobby/passion (well, obviously :) )or are you trying to make it into a career as well? ... And I wouldn't mind at all mate :D we tend to end up short on footage, as no-one wants to get out of the car to do it, we'd all rather the ride... We get footage when we do tracks one at a time obviously, but still miss so much... I will lob you a PM next time we have a trip sorted out and see if you're keen... Look forward to more of ya work :thumb:

1mak
Here and there

Unread post by 1mak » December 4th, 2013, 10:26 am

It's a passionate hobby. Maybe I get to do a offroad-related short film (5mins, with car chasing and stand off in the desert? ;)) within the next 2 years together. I plan to use a lot of the material for downthunder.com.au to show the variety of the australian offroad scene.

HillsForThrills
Avid Poster

Unread post by HillsForThrills » December 4th, 2013, 12:39 pm

Mate that Fraser vid you posted just above is Awesome!! Absolutely top job mate... Geez, I'd PAY ya to come out with us to end up with a video record of our adventures like that.... Well Done!! :thumb:

1mak
Here and there

Unread post by 1mak » December 17th, 2013, 3:55 pm

We're heading out to Fraser from the 26th to the 30th of December (a bit more than a week). Are you able to join us? I am keen to make a part two. :)

HillsForThrills
Avid Poster

Unread post by HillsForThrills » December 17th, 2013, 9:46 pm

Awww bugger... Mate, will make a couple calls and send you a PM... Thanks for the invite/headsup... :thumb:

1mak
Here and there

Unread post by 1mak » January 14th, 2014, 6:43 pm

Will post up a video soon about the trip. Was crazy, 11 cars, 30 people, heaps of fun. :) We had the biggest campsite ever. ;)

HillsForThrills
Avid Poster

Unread post by HillsForThrills » January 14th, 2014, 9:00 pm

Lookin forward to it!! :thumb:

Return to “4WD Videos”