Curtlys' First Vid.

The new home for any 4WD related videos!
Curtly
Avid Poster

Curtlys' First Vid.

Unread post by Curtly » July 17th, 2013, 10:17 pm

So I just had to get a Gopro......Well actually I got a Sony action cam and here is my first vid.

Enjoy :thumb:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_9S-j6Sr8U

Curtly.
2005 GUIV Patrol: UHF, Cargo Barrier, Lightforce Strikers, TJM IBS Dual Battery System, Hema HN5i, Rhino Heavy Duty Racks, Safari Snorkel, DIY Drawers, Tough Dog 2" lift, Maxxis Bighorn 33's.

TLC60S
Part of the furniture

Re: Curtlys' First Vid.

Unread post by TLC60S » July 17th, 2013, 10:44 pm

Hey Curtly
That's a good vid for your 1st but I was wondering how was the camera mounted as watching it looked as though the camera moved different from the 4wd but was staying in one place and didn't have the camera shake if it was hand held. So what was your set up.

Curtly
Avid Poster

Unread post by Curtly » July 17th, 2013, 11:00 pm

Cheers......it must be in the stability control, the camera was stuck to the dash via the mount. I had the camera only 1 day prior to filming that.

Next time I will edit out all the boring bits, but I haven't learnt that yet :D

After watching other vids on youtube i had to get one and I'm seriously addicted now :thumb:

Curtly.
2005 GUIV Patrol: UHF, Cargo Barrier, Lightforce Strikers, TJM IBS Dual Battery System, Hema HN5i, Rhino Heavy Duty Racks, Safari Snorkel, DIY Drawers, Tough Dog 2" lift, Maxxis Bighorn 33's.

TLC60S
Part of the furniture

Unread post by TLC60S » July 17th, 2013, 11:14 pm

That's a top set up & gave a good affect . At 1st I thought the scenery had been added after cause of the car & dash movement with the scenery. So what's a set up like this cost if you don't mind me asking & what is the model of the camera as I'm thinking which way to go something like a Go-Pro or a video camera mounted.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » July 18th, 2013, 4:37 am

Good vid, but it's a shame that you didn't let us hear the engine! :( That's gotta be getting close to half the interest of this sort of thing, not only watching the drive but also listening to what the engine is doing; and besides, rarely will everyone have the same taste in music as you, unless it's an affinity to listening to a petrol or diesel working on song or a rumbling V8 throbbing & snarling every now and then. Stick to the music from the engine and at least half of the adult (& not so adult) male population and a fair percentage of the female 4Wheel aficionado's will be stoked to hear your engine doing it's thing.

So for my 2 bob, forget adding a dodgy music sound track, just let the engine do that for you. ;)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Curtly
Avid Poster

Unread post by Curtly » July 18th, 2013, 5:54 am

Cheers for the feedback Peter just one thing dodgy soundtrack!!!!! It's Midnight Oil Peter!!!!! :)

The reason I did that was so I could put it up on this site not only does the mic pick up the engine it also picks up me and my language was hardly G rated!! I must learn not to talk or keep the language clean something to know for next time.

Besides Peter I drive a 3ltr hardly a throaty 4.2 revving through a 3in exhaust :)

@TLC price a Gopro and what you get then compare to a Sony Action Cam and see what you get. I bought mine from Harvey Norman you could probably get them cheaper online but I rather do a deal with a salesman and walk away with what I want straight away rather than wait for delivery from a website. For $440 I got an AWESOME deal!!!

Curtly

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » July 18th, 2013, 6:06 am

Curtly wrote:Cheers for the feedback Peter just one thing dodgy soundtrack!!!!! It's Midnight Oil Peter!!!!! .....
EXACTLY!! Just another reason that the engine would've been better! :p

As for the language, can't you bleep over the inappropriate words?? Regardless of what engine size/exhaust size, the noise of the motor doing its thing is usually a whole lot more interesting than any music/sound track - altho if you must, then I guess your choice of soundtrack for the flat bits of track or when the vehicle isn't working would be tolerable (barely tho...) ;)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Return to “4WD Videos”