Highway to (Hazmat) hell

Got a random vid worth sharing, do it here!
rolly82

Highway to (Hazmat) hell

Unread post by rolly82 » March 3rd, 2014, 12:58 am

dod28
Avid Poster

Re: Highway to (Hazmat) hell

Unread post by dod28 » March 3rd, 2014, 6:02 am

That's an awesome fireworks display, wonder if they'll try it at Sydney for new year's eve this year.

chris_stoffa
Need to get out more
Location: Wandering in the Wilderness of the Western Burbs of Melbourne., VIC

Unread post by chris_stoffa » March 3rd, 2014, 8:15 am

See....... Gas Cylinders ,safe as houses !! :eek:
03 Bravo 2.5TD DCab

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » March 3rd, 2014, 12:51 pm

And some people VOLUNTARILY stick one of them under the back of their car!! Or worse, INSIDE the back!! :eek:

But then I guess the gas cylinders on/in vehicles are a little different...... ya'd wannta hope!!

That bus seemed to cut across in front of the gas truck, leaving him nowhere to go (even if he wasn't going faster than everyone else!) and I notice that they got the other truck and the bus outta there PDQ, but why not move the little car.... I wonder if the driver of that car (or either of the trucks for that matter) got out of it still alive!! The little car woulda been toast no matter what amount of damage it avoided in the prang, just cos it sat that close to the fire & explosions - but the bloke with the camera was gutsy staying that close to film, if you watch the roadway on the other side of the divider, the shrapnel was blowing out that far & hitting the ground with some velocity, so he was well within range!! I notice the tanker driver didn't muck around much, he backed off almost immediately!

Probably not anything the firies could do to minimise the risk or put it out either - by the time they got there, it was well alight and on it's way to a small slag heap left on the remains of the roadway.... sorta glad no-one got told to try and put it out, that would've been really risky!!.
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Return to “General Videos”